Vikranj
turboholic
anilisanil(+wife)
Kenpachigamer(showing interest)
Old 22nd August 2010, 01:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Ken. We'll search for Contessa in Kaas. Do join us.
Hehe , highly appreciated mani , lets hope the service center guys give my car back in original condition. If that happens my attendance is confirmed
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:21   #63
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
Hehe , highly appreciated mani , lets hope the service center guys give my car back in original condition. If that happens my attendance is confirmed
Expecting service centre guys to give car back in original condition is too much Kenpachi.

Ok guys, the countdown starts.

AP what's the updates from the bus drivers on Kaas flowers?
When and where shall we all congregate? How about 10 am on saturday near the Bogada (before which we take the left turn)?
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Ok guys, the countdown starts.

AP what's the updates from the bus drivers on Kaas flowers?
When and where shall we all congregate? How about 10 am on saturday near the Bogada (before which we take the left turn)?
countdown started:

DRIVE MEET AT KAAS LAKE

Date: 25th September 2010.

Start time: 9/10 AM

Start point: Turn right toward satara city from NH4 before flyover while coming from pune.

The turn point is also known as vathar/phaltan turn.

I will post the map after some days.

At bogda/tunnel, there is no enough space for parking on road side.
At this start point i mentioned, there are enough cafes for early breakfast/food.
The turn point is easy to locate, enough parking space at roadside, somewhat isolated from city chaos.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:26   #65
BHPian

Wow!! How did I miss the thread? I could not make it to the last meet at Lonavala though I was in Pune. This time I will plan my BLR-PUNE trip accordingly.

If my son does not have school on 25th, Saturday I will come with my family. Else it will be me alone. Unfortunately they dont declare whether a Saturday is a holiday or not a month ahead, but just the previous week.

Nainar
Old 24th August 2010, 16:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Would love to join but with my track record of dropping out from most of TBHP drives at the last moment I doubt I actually can. But still I'm on tentatively.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
countdown started:

DRIVE MEET AT KAAS LAKE

Start point: Turn right toward satara city from NH4 before flyover while coming from pune.

At this start point i mentioned, there are enough cafes for early breakfast/food.
The turn point is easy to locate, enough parking space at roadside, somewhat isolated from city chaos.

So when and from where should we start from Pune? Are all the Pune guys going as convoy or on their own? Please let me know
Old 24th August 2010, 18:41   #68
BHPian

I am planning to drive to KAAS on 18th Sept. Hope to meet MX6 then!
Old 26th August 2010, 15:01   #69
BHPian

hey bangy boys, what is the plan? StarV, is the initial plan still on? Drive till Satara and halt there? I have no clue about the distances and so I dont know.

Pune boys, one of my friend who lived there for some time mentioned that if it rains heavily, Satara tends to be under water. Would that be a cause of concern?
Old 26th August 2010, 15:13   #70
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Pune people can meet at Natraj Hotel in the morning and proceed as convoy from there. By natraj hotel, I mean the one on Highway and not in Swargate.
How about 8 am at Natraj hotel guys?

It should not be a cause of concern. Kaas is a plateau. Satara town might get flooded. Once we get on the Kaas road, it should not be an issue.

But it's not rained much in August. So I anticipate 2 - 3 days of deluge anytime.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
countdown started:

DRIVE MEET AT KAAS LAKE

Good to see that this is picking up steam now.
Ashish bhau, I believe we should meet at 9:00 AM sharp so that we get to spend good amount of time at the intended places. Meeting at 10:00 AM might be a little late.
I would suggest the following:
Meet at the suggested place by 9:00 AM so that we can have breakfast and move on by 9:30 AM. What say?

BTW how much is the distance from Mumbai to Satara and approx how long would it take to reach from Mumbai? This would help Mumbai folks plan their start from Mumbai.

Last edited by f1fan : 26th August 2010 at 15:22.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
hey bangy boys, what is the plan? StarV, is the initial plan still on? Drive till Satara and halt there? I have no clue about the distances and so I dont know.
Hi Raj,

Based on my official travel plan, i will be able decide only after 15th Sept.
Aug-Sept are peak business months just before the festival season for gadgets. hence i need to be on the business always these two months.

Lalu Chetta was planning to join, but i am not sure about his latest plan as he is on a long trip with his family. He is expected back in Bangalore by end of this week. Whether he will join alone or with family, drive or join me etc would be discussed once he is back.

My family is interested to join this trip subject to my daughter not having any exams during that time.

If at all we manage to go, our plan is as below

Friday 24th Sept
------------------
02:00 PM : departure from Bangalore North
05:30 PM : restart after tea break at Chitradurga (VRL)
09:30 PM : Dinner some Hotel Sankam
10:30PM : Re-start after dinner
1:00 AM : reach Satara and check into the hotel.

+/- 30 minutes here/there insha-allah.

Saturday 25th Sept
--------------------

Be ready by 10 AM, by this time mumbaikars and punekars along with our subject expert ashish bhau from city of 12 minds would reach hopefully.

near by site seeing till 4 PM

visit Kass for a evening view and pictures

Dinner meet

stay at Satata (same hotel)

Sunday 26th Sept
-------------------

Early morning visit to Kass for a Dekkho and photo Lo session
(this could be with or without family)

Return, have breakfast and check out by 11 AM.

visit to one more pending attraction (if any near by) or start driving towards Bangalore have lunch on the way

reach home by midnight.

BTW...what is your plan ?

Last edited by StarVegabond : 26th August 2010 at 15:53.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:46   #73
BHPian

A jumping off point in Bombay

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Good to see that this is picking up steam now.
Ashish bhau, I believe we should meet at 9:00 AM sharp so that we get to spend good amount of time at the intended places. Meeting at 10:00 AM might be a little late.
I would suggest the following:
Meet at the suggested place by 9:00 AM so that we can have breakfast and move on by 9:30 AM. What say?

BTW how much is the distance from Mumbai to Satara and approx how long would it take to reach from Mumbai? This would help Mumbai folks plan their start from Mumbai.
>>>f1fan,BolBolero,

Can the Bombay boys agree on

1. A jumping off point in Bombay ( such as the McDonald's at the point where the Expressway to Poona starts), and a
2. Time

so that the interested parties and their steeds can congregate here and then proceed for Kaas without much confusion?

Also, can someone enlighten on the time to be factored in for a same day return to apro Bombay?

Regards
Old 26th August 2010, 16:12   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>f1fan,BolBolero,

Can the Bombay boys agree on

1. A jumping off point in Bombay ( such as the McDonald's at the point where the Expressway to Poona starts), and a
2. Time

so that the interested parties and their steeds can congregate here and then proceed for Kaas without much confusion?

Also, can someone enlighten on the time to be factored in for a same day return to apro Bombay?

Regards
Yes Sir, this time we surely will have a better prepared approach with proper time/schedule/phone numbers so as to not repeat the Mum-Pune meet fiasco.
If I am not wrong, we should be able to reach Satara in 4 hours from Mumbai, hence meeting at McD's at 4:45 - 5:00 AM would be a good time.

Once the travel time is fixed we can surely put a concrete plan on the plate for all Mumbai folks to follow.

I am planning a return journey the same day. I believe we can leave by 8:00 PM post dinner and can drive in a group and be back in Mumbai by 1:00 AM on Sunday.

Ashish,MX6,Others: Is Mumbai - Satara doable in 4 hours if we leave at 5:00 AM from McD i.e. the start point of the Mum-Pune Expressway?

Cheers
f1fan

Last edited by f1fan : 26th August 2010 at 16:15.
Old 26th August 2010, 20:11   #75
BHPian

Kalamboli McD (Start of Eway) to Satara is approximately 218 kms. It should be possible in four hours if the rains allow.
Cheers.

Most Viewed