MX6
VPPrabhu
amit3306
Abhay
Vikranj
turboholic
anilisanil(+wife)
Kenpachigamer(showing interest)
I know we talked about this during the 'tapri meet' but just discovered this thread. Barring any unforeseen issues, count me in...

Kaas would be the first stop, right? We went to Sajjangarh/Thoseghar/Chalkewadi recently and might give that a miss to go on to Kolhapur.

Pune
---------
MX6
VPPrabhu
amit3306
Abhay
Vikranj
turboholic
anilisanil(+wife)
Kenpachigamer(showing interest)
mmxylorider (with family)
Old 26th August 2010, 22:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Raj,

BTW...what is your plan ?
Oh Ok. So we are still tentative . My plan is the same and that is all I could come up with doing some research. Is it actually possible to reach Satara by midnight? The distance is some 700 odd kms and with me not being a fast driver, I have my doubts.

I guess once we are able to confirm, we can figure out the exact plans. Let's see.
Old 26th August 2010, 23:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

MX6, could you kindly post a map showing the location of the Natraj hotel. I plan to drive to Pune the evening before and stay overnight at the Ginger hotel in Wakad and start from there at 7.00 am to join you guys for the onward drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Pune people can meet at Natraj Hotel in the morning and proceed as convoy from there. By natraj hotel, I mean the one on Highway and not in Swargate.
How about 8 am at Natraj hotel guys?

It should not be a cause of concern. Kaas is a plateau. Satara town might get flooded. Once we get on the Kaas road, it should not be an issue.

But it's not rained much in August. So I anticipate 2 - 3 days of deluge anytime.
Old 27th August 2010, 09:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
if it rains heavily, Satara tends to be under water. Would that be a cause of concern?
Quote:
It should not be a cause of concern. Kaas is a plateau. Satara town might get flooded.
No need to concern.
satara city will never get flooded.
The reports of satara flood are actually reports of satara district part such as patan and karad city flood and not satara city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I believe we should meet at 9:00 AM sharp so that we get to spend good amount of time at the intended places. Meeting at 10:00 AM might be a little late.
Meet at the suggested place by 9:00 AM so that we can have breakfast and move on by 9:30 AM. What say?
Thats the point and we will decide it by majority.
Should we suggest poll?

Quote:
Based on my official travel plan, i will be able decide only after 15th Sept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Oh Ok. So we are still tentative
Last minit me bhaag nahi jaana.

Try to change your tentative position to 100% confirmed.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to know, how is the road condition? Bangalore -Chitradurga is very good. Chitradurga-Davangere is ok or is it completed by now? How is it after that? Haven't driven on this route for a long time. I'm in the process of making up my mind to join this trip.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:32   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
No need to concern.
satara city will never get flooded.
The reports of satara flood are actually reports of satara district part such as patan and karad city flood and not satara city.
Great news. That removes one concern

Quote:

I am very much in, its just that I would prefer a group. Let's see on that.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ashish bhau

Today i cancelled one of my Udupi trip becasue i want to come to Kaas, else it would have been 3 long road trips in over 3-4 weeks time.

Second, everybody at home are ready to come to Kaas subject to 2 conditions, daughter's exams should get over (they are likely to get over on Sept 23rd, but one never knows it might get delayed), second reason is i must be available to drive . If i am on a business trip then all plan gets defeated. ofcourse work first, vacations must wait some times.

Third, the trip plan is also ready, i just got my GPS working on my N97 this week, i am testing it now.. hopefully it will be fully ready and i might know how to use it fully prior to Kaas trip.

Kahi zhala tari Palun jhanar nahi, Flight ni jayeen kinva Car ni yeyeen.
(I will not run away, i can either fly away or drive in)..

Old 28th August 2010, 00:07   #83
MX6
Senior - BHPian

What are you talking of work, business trip etc starvegabond. And didn't Kapil Sibal remove all exams till 10th?

Ashish Saab. Looks like kalti number 1 has just been identified
Old 28th August 2010, 09:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

MX6,

You might be right, i used the wrong word "exams"

it is called "quarterly assessment" it is more of a daily event for one subject and spread over 3 weeks. it includes reading, writing, dictation, Q&A, etc, everything repeated for some 8/10 subjects. It is much more comprehensive than the "exams" you and me probably wrote.

you will learn more probably in few years once your angel is in 1st standard.

I certainly does not deserve the Kalti title.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 28th August 2010 at 09:26.
Old 28th August 2010, 10:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I certainly does not deserve the Kalti title.
Definition of kalti:

Kalti is the term used for last minit cancellation of presence due to any reason by anyone who confirmed his presence earlier for a occasion.

@star,

time will show that you certainly do not deserve the title of KALTI. and that depends on you.

Please feel free to edit the definition of kalti.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 28th August 2010 at 10:21.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:36   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Yes Sir, this time we surely will have a better prepared approach with proper time/schedule/phone numbers so as to not repeat the Mum-Pune meet fiasco.
If I am not wrong, we should be able to reach Satara in 4 hours from Mumbai, hence meeting at McD's at 4:45 - 5:00 AM would be a good time.

Once the travel time is fixed we can surely put a concrete plan on the plate for all Mumbai folks to follow.

I am planning a return journey the same day. I believe we can leave by 8:00 PM post dinner and can drive in a group and be back in Mumbai by 1:00 AM on Sunday.

Ashish,MX6,Others: Is Mumbai - Satara doable in 4 hours if we leave at 5:00 AM from McD i.e. the start point of the Mum-Pune Expressway?

Cheers
f1fan
>>> fifan,

I had a discussion with BolBolero yesterday and he told me that the approximately 220 kms distance between Bombay (from the McDonald's at the Expressway start) to Satara can be done in four hours; add another hour or so for reaching McDonald's from your home. That is five hours.

The equation looks like this :
5(onward)+5(return)+3(Kaas sightseeing, lunching etc.) =15 hours

So if we start at 5 am from our homes in Bombay, we will be able to make it to Satara by 10 am; if we can start from Kaas at say 5 pm, we will be be back by 11 pm.

Seems do able.

Any views AP, MX6?

Regards
Old 28th August 2010, 19:08   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Definition of kalti:

Kalti is the term used for last minit cancellation of presence due to any reason by anyone who confirmed his presence earlier for a occasion.

Please feel free to edit the definition of kalti.
Good !! you have defined Kalti as last minute cancellation.
i am saved as we have more than 25 days left

Hopefully i will be there... in fact i am trying to inspire the sprited one with his family to drive down from mumbai, Koshish hi kaamyaab hoti hai.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:17   #88
MX6
Senior - BHPian

seems starvega is grooming his daughter for a corporate world. quarterly assessments and what not!

@issigonis. satara can easily done in 5 hours. should be a good idea. also look on bamnoli and thosegar and try to make it a weekend expedition.

@AP. we shall wait for 25 days more to see whether the kalti happens. if at all it does happen starvega will get the dubious distinction of vanishing from a meet for which he started the thread

Last edited by MX6 : 28th August 2010 at 21:26.
Old 28th August 2010, 22:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
seems starvega is grooming his daughter for a corporate world. quarterly assessments and what not!

@AP. we shall wait for 25 days more to see whether the kalti happens. if at all it does happen starvega will get the dubious distinction of vanishing from a meet for which he started the thread
Todays schools are much more than corporate world. There is everything there what we learn in corporate world.

I have an habit of often pioneering small causes, let me decide whether i want to pioneer this distinction as well.

anyway this discussion is good, at least increases the post count for the members, increases traffic for the forum owners, fun for all remaining

win-win-win...we are contributing to progress.

Old 28th August 2010, 23:04   #90
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Seems like AP needs to relook his signature.
@AP: Guess what? my wife liked your signature a lot! But seems someone here is trying to pacify you incase there's Kalti
Guess, we should forgive Starvegabond as it's not one but two corporates that is between him and the Kaas trip. May be he's trying to pull a fast one and make a sudden appearance!
What ever, guess we will give benefit of doubt to Starvega. What say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks