Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 23:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to CCI for starting this initiative.Contessa is a marvellous car.Fiat Classic Club Hyderabad (FCCH) wishes good luck.
Old 6th October 2010, 00:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

WOW ! Just saw this thread. Beautiful Contessas, and a wonderful initiative .
Congratulations on your maiden meet guys, Best wishes to all of you, from the Fiat Classic Car Club-Mumbai.
May your tribe increase !!
Old 6th October 2010, 11:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on starting the group.
Thats really a good initiative from your part guys
The Contessa has always been in my dreams and definitely someday I would own one when I have the parking space in my garrage
Cheers mate and many many miles of happy revving
Old 7th October 2010, 15:41   #19
BHPian

First let me congratulate the Conty Club India on behalf of 118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]

Just as Karthik [FCB-NECB] loves Conty, I do and the discussion about the Conty began. As the discussion continued, I got to know about the CCI.

It is my childhood dream to own a Conty which is yet to fulfill again due to couple of reasons like among them parking space takes the first place .

Great to see the Conty's lined up. Great initiative taken. Way to go.
Old 7th October 2010, 15:57   #20
BHPian

WAITING EAGERLY for the next CC meet, to join you friends....
except parking space troubles in our booming cities, the contessa still rocks on highway travel, comfort and aura, when you get down at a premises.
if i am not mistaken, former TN CM miss jayalalitha keeps still her favourite contessa and tata sierra, still in pristine condition. also contessa happens to be one of the favourites for film superstar rajnikanth...

Last edited by shekaran : 7th October 2010 at 15:58. Reason: spell check
Old 7th October 2010, 16:19   #21
BHPian

Thank you all for the encouragement and good words.
Our attempt will be to make the next meet bigger & better and already in touch with conty owners in other cities to meet.We trust we will get all your support and encouragement to make every meet bigger & better.We also hope the next magazine of CCI “Contraction” will have more features + meets updates from other cities too.
I am adding a couple of more pictures from my mobile to what Kris has already added. Apologise for the grainy quality.
Cheers,
Miyer
Attached Thumbnails
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-pic100919002.jpg  

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-pic100919006.jpg  

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-pic100919008.jpg  

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-pic100919017.jpg  

Old 7th October 2010, 16:34   #22
BANNED

Nice pics Mahesh.

What I got to know about CCI is that its a Club for Conty not just limited to Bangalore, but all over India?! How will you manage this?
Old 7th October 2010, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Nice pics Mahesh.

What I got to know about CCI is that its a Club for Conty not just limited to Bangalore, but all over India?! How will you manage this?
Thanks Earthed.
Perhaps you can share your experience in managing a country wide non profit leisure/social/community initiative if you have been involved in any. In my opinion it will be driven by sheer passion and love for the car. The rest is too early to discuss and a difficult question to answer now.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
M Iyer
Old 7th October 2010, 17:10   #24
BANNED

The first two cars in the first pic of your previous post, are they from Koramangala area? FCB Founder Sujith says that he has seen those two cars many times.

Is there another brown Conty in Kor?
Old 7th October 2010, 17:39   #25
BANNED

Congrats guys, for starting a club for this cult car. A wannabe Desi Ford Mustang

I loved the pics, so many "kantessa caargalu" Thumbaa Chennaagidhe.
Old 7th October 2010, 17:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Its really time to spread the message across. One of the tactics emplyed by FCB was to flag down any Fiat, speak to them for a while, if owner is passionate and interested, we used to invite them to the club. Gradually, the members would start spreading the message and you need not flag newly visible cars now and then. Attention to the media folk will boost the clubs presense in great numbers. If you have 1-2 representatives in major cities of India, that should suffice to keep the club running. Mainly, the information should reach the Conti lovers and owners. It could be various things like where to find new parts, used parts, how to maintain and so on. The Newsletter idea is outstanding. So young, already showing signs of maturity. Fantabulous you guys are. I cant wait to have a proper combined classics car meet. FCB, NECB, BBC and CCI. It would all be flash back time for all namma bangaloorians.

By the way, I am 100% sure that there wouldnt be a single classic car lover who wouldnt like the Conti. I am sure, for every single classic car lover, the Conti at some point of time would have hovered. This is really an elite club and would love to see it grow and save a lot of Contis from being scrapped.

By the way, I have been seeing a couple of Contis near my office area. It is in Ulsoor road. One of them bearing 1117 registration number, dont know exact location though. The other one I have noticed is in one of the cross roads, visible from main road. This too looks immaculate and passionately maintained. Dotn remember the registration number.

Last edited by funkykar : 7th October 2010 at 17:52.
Old 7th October 2010, 18:05   #27
BANNED

@Karthik: Mahesh, Kris etc are already in contact with many Conty owners since long. This Club is all India level!! Expect cars from all corners in the next meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats guys, for starting a club for this cult car. A wannabe Desi Ford Mustang

I loved the pics, so many "kantessa caargalu" Thumbaa Chennaagidhe.
That was wishes from Bangalore Beetle Club!

Last edited by EARTHed : 7th October 2010 at 18:17.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I cant wait to have a proper combined classics car meet. FCB, NECB, BBC and CCI. It would all be flash back time for all namma bangaloorians.

By the way, I have been seeing a couple of Contis near my office area. It is in Ulsoor road. One of them bearing 1117 registration number, dont know exact location though. The other one I have noticed is in one of the cross roads, visible from main road. This too looks immaculate and passionately maintained. Dotn remember the registration number.
The FCB, NECB, BBC and CCI meet will be a grand supper for all the car lovers and for the photographers as well. This day will create a history. [The Beginning of the History]

I have also noticed the White Conti with 1117 while on the way to office, that car looks to be in a mint condition.

Hope to see that car in next CCI meet as well.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:02   #29

Someone give me a loaded gun. I want to shoot myself for selling away my Contessa for no reason at all .

Ever since then, I have always wanted to buy one again but being out of the country prevented it. Although my position is still the same, would still like to buy one and base it in Bangalore. If anyone knows of a neat piece help.
Old 8th October 2010, 22:42   #30

Came across this thread by mistake and am really amazed !! As suggested, always thought that this was a desi version of the Ford Mustang, and would be an awesome candidate for mods !!
Have being eyeing a black conty in my society for too long ...

This club is inspiring me to do something about it ... Way to go guys !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks