Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:37   #61
BHPian

Everything was with clock work precision.The cars were finally flagged off by a senior army official and split in different directions to avoid disruptions to normal traffic from a big convoy and prevent inconvenience to other road users. Again a very thoughtful gesture by CCI.

One of the special note in the Contessa Club India is that there is no book of accounts - means "no money involved" in anything related to running the CCI as of now. Hats off Miyer.

Last edited by shekaran : 3rd November 2010 at 16:44. Reason: spelling check
Old 4th November 2010, 11:14   #62
BHPian

Seasons Greetings

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-diwali.jpg

Wishing you a very happy Deepawali
Old 6th November 2010, 21:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Happy Diwali CCI!

But sadly, a Conty has landed today in Gujiri for breaking. Its time for you guys to befriend some guys in gujiri so that they too stock up some parts of Conty. Anybody looking for old parts can walk in to gujiri tomorrow morning at 6!

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-spm_a0340.jpg

Till around 2 months back, we Fiat Club Founders used to visit Gujiri daily at around 8pm to see if any Fiats there have some valuable parts. This helped us a lot as many in gujiri started to stock up many parts to cater to all Fiat Club guys. Even today if any of us(founders) walk in to gujiri, all those gujiri guys walk up to us offering parts!! Currently we have stopped temporarily going daily as they stock up enough parts without us going there regularly. We have actually educated them as to what parts we regularly need from gujiri.
Old 7th November 2010, 00:55   #64
BHPian

Wake up CCI. We Conty lovers don't wanna see these cars being landed up in Gujiri.
Old 8th November 2010, 10:26   #65
BHPian

That conty has nikki carb. if anyone wants, pick it up soon. The gujri guy name is Younis and charged Rs-2500/-. Also, the roofs are pretty good.
i picked up door handles, window machines..
Old 10th November 2010, 23:53   #66
BHPian

When will be the next meet, Friends ? am eager to attend as my conti is 99% finished now. just the tuning and checkup pending in the restoration.
Old 12th November 2010, 22:03   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats guys, for starting a club for this cult car. A wannabe Desi Ford Mustang

I loved the pics, so many "kantessa caargalu" Thumbaa Chennaagidhe.
as beautiful as she is man, i dont think we should bring her down to the level of referring to her as 'wannabe' or referring to her as something she isnt like a mustang ( as much as we would all love to have one).
Old 12th November 2010, 23:43   #68
BHPian

Awesome pics. It the closest any Indian car can ever come to resemble a muscle car. I just love the butch looks of the conty!
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:12   #69
BHPian

Hello CCI. I was expecting the Founders of CCI to be present at the Fiat Club Meet. Only Sudhindra and Sudhir participated. Those guys had fun!

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-dscn6931.jpg

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-dscn6990.jpg

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-dscn6995.jpg

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-dscn6997.jpg

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-dsc00133.jpg

Last edited by GreenDay : 22nd November 2010 at 13:14.
Old 27th November 2010, 23:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

I spotted this Conty in Palace Grounds today. Whose is this Conty?
Attached Thumbnails
The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-spm_a0421.jpg  

Old 27th November 2010, 23:29   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by '88tessa View Post
as beautiful as she is man, i dont think we should bring her down to the level of referring to her as 'wannabe' or referring to her as something she isnt like a mustang ( as much as we would all love to have one).
Hi,

Looks like you have taken my reply the other way round. Sorry if that was not in the right spirits.

My liking towards the Contessa goes back way back to 1998, when i wanted to own one, since i was just a student and could not afford one. Once i started earning (i.e., 1999), i always wanted to buy a ORIGINAL Contessa and keep it in Best of its shape, or i wanted to buy one in a Real Bad condition and do it up as a Ford Mustang, i had even gone and shopped online for loads of Mustang parts on the Ford website (spares almost costing a lac).

Just when i was about to realise that dream, i almost struck a deal on a Mustang Pony at a reasonable price, but eventually i got BUGGED

But deep inside me i still want to own the old school Conty, and who knows when its time, its Time......!

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 27th November 2010 at 23:31.
Old 27th November 2010, 23:34   #72
BHPian

This belongs to Rahul. Hopefully, he will be there at the next conty meet.
BTW, Great meet you guys had. Congratulations.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:40   #73
BHPian

Workshop

Guys,
On Jan 26th Republic day, Conty Club India is conducting a technical workshop on Servo Braking System for Contessa cars.

Most contessa owners have experienced Spongy braking or brake failure in their cars. With brake parts getting rare to source, the workshop covers topics on how to maintain or replace the braking system.

My car had a leaking brake booster. Once this is fixed, it had a cascading effect on the engine too. Now my car runs smoother than earlier. To understand why and to know more please drop in to the session. This is followed by a Q&A session to understand your car better.

The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore-workshop.jpg

Please note that the attendees are not required to bring their contessa cars.

Regards,
Krishna.

Last edited by kittigadu : 19th January 2011 at 15:43. Reason: Added a line.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Contessa Club meets at Bangalore

Wow. Nice set of cars. I have always been a fan of the Contessa. More because it reminds me of Indias version of a Charger, GTO, Challenger or so on, with good mod potential to give it the muscle car look

The black one is my favourite
Old 24th January 2011, 03:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Guys,
On Jan 26th Republic day, Conty Club India is conducting a technical workshop on Servo Braking System for Contessa cars.
This is a nice idea Krishna and will help owners understand better the concepts.
Over here in FCCH,Shiva keeps giving us technical lessons in every meet and shares all his knowledge.This is what the clubs should do exactly....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks