Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Legay of Punjab meet Lunch or Dinner
Lunch with light traffic 5 83.33%
Dinner with killer traffic 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 15:41   #76
BHPian

Couldnt add to the previous post but i have a whole bunch of Auto Magazines & a couple of other things i would like to give away. If anyone is interested, do PM me by 9 tomorrow morning so ill carry it along with me tomorrow.

Click on THIS to see the list.

P.S. - MX6, i think anytime in between 12-12.30 can be finalised if everyone is ok with it.

Last edited by Xehaust : 9th October 2010 at 15:43.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:04   #77
BHPian

Once again, apologies for back to back posting but has anyone realised that the thread title still reads that the meet is happening today

For those who are just reading this thread now, the meet is tomorrow - i.e. Sunday the 10th of October (10-10-10)
Old 9th October 2010, 17:18   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>
At one time Chor Bizarre, near Delite Cinema and the Delhi Stock Exchange, on Asaf Ali Road, used to serve the only authentic Kashmiri cuisine- this is circa 1990s. The tarami was real good, along with the Kahwa (Kashmiri tea).
Thank God my keyboard is spill proof, this is the most I have drooled while reading a post.

You will be able to enjoy the Kashmiri delicacies again at the same old Chor Bizzare but in its new avatar on your upcoming visit to Delhi. Infact apart from the old location they now have a branch at NOIDA and another at believe it or not LAVASA. Your turn to drool now, here you go

Restaurants in Delhi | Best Indian Food Restaurant in Noida India
&
About The Waterfront Shaw - Lavasa Hotel | Apartment Hotel in Lavasa Pune

Infact I would like to take this opportunity to propose a future meet at Lavasa featuring Chor Bizzare. Maybe an overnight meet where our fellow members from Pune could join us too. We will discuss at length tomorrow.

and I thought going out for tbhp meets might inspire me to lose some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
P.S. - MX6, i think anytime in between 12-12.30 can be finalised if everyone is ok with it.
Do note that MX6, anilsanil and yours truly will not be coming to Thane but will move from Vashi directly to LOP via Dombivili & Kalyan.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Couldnt add to the previous post but i have a whole bunch of Auto Magazines & a couple of other things i would like to give away. If anyone is interested, do PM me by 9 tomorrow morning so ill carry it along with me tomorrow.

Click on THIS to see the list.

Hey XeHaust,

If your collection contains any of Bike Magazines then sure I would be interested. Oh I just saw the list, guess nothing dedicated to bikes but if any of them contains bikes then do so.

@ All,

Happy and Safe driving.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Ya sure instead of DO Pyaza chicken they will rustle up NO Pyaza chicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

There is a concept/dish in Bengali cuisine - 'niramish mangsho' which literally translates into vegetarian mutton, which is a mutton dish cooked without onions ( onions are considered non vegetarian).
All very good, guys.. but will the LOP chappies serve something for this hapless vegetarian ?
See you all tomorrow !
Old 9th October 2010, 23:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

@SuperSelect

I guess you will read this after the meet and you also missed the Navratra update posted by me on the previous page.

During Navratri some of us hard core non vegetarians also turn into pure Vegetarians. Don't fret you will have plenty of company and loads of choices.
Old 9th October 2010, 23:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@SuperSelect

I guess you will read this after the meet and you also missed the Navratra update posted by me on the previous page.

During Navratri some of us hard core non vegetarians also turn into pure Vegetarians. Don't fret you will have plenty of company and loads of choices.
Thank God !! I did read the update, but didn't take it too seriously !! Now I know I won't starve..
Old 10th October 2010, 10:41   #83
BHPian

Who is meeting at 12 Noon today at Cadburys?

I think most of you would have left by now. If not just wanted to check who from the confirmed list would meet at Cadbruy's junction at 12 Noon today

1. issigonis - Going directly to LOP a little early
2. BolBolero - Going directly to LOP a little early
3. parimal_g - Coming from Kalyan side.
4. Nomadabhi + Dad? - Coming from Kalyan side.
5. MX6 - Going directly from Vashi
6. khoj - Going directly from Vashi
7. kailashnj - What are your plans?
8. SuperSelect - Going directly to LOP a little early
9. HVK - Sir, what are you plans?
10. f1fan - Confused on whether to drive directly or wait at Cadbury's.
11. Gaddiwale - What are your plans?

Gaddiwale, Kailashnj and HVK: Pls let me know your plans.

Cheers
f1fan

Last edited by f1fan : 10th October 2010 at 10:43.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Gaddiwale - What are your plans?

Gaddiwale, Kailashnj and HVK: Pls let me know your plans.

Cheers
f1fan
Sorry guys, due to some unavoidable reason cann't make it this time.

Wish you all the best and drive safe.
Old 10th October 2010, 23:02   #85
MX6
Senior - BHPian

what an excellent meet it was guys. amazing food. the cake was terrific. thanks to all the guys who made it.
I shall post tomorrow an individual vote of thanks as i'm damn tired now.

a big thanks to anilisanil for dropping me at door step. sir, no words to express my gratitude.
Old 10th October 2010, 23:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Great meet, 15 of us.
I think we refused to leave the LOP place, lunch ended at almost 6 pm!
Thanks MX6 and anilsanil for coming all the way from Pune.
And well-organised, from the venue, special room to the delicious KAAS cake.
Old 11th October 2010, 02:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

@ Gostel, Issigonis, BolBolero, MX6, f1fan, nomadabhi, parimal_g, Xehaust, anilsanil & sprucegoose it was a real pleasure to meet all of you again.
hvkumar & SuperSelect guys your presence was the icing on the cake and talking of cakes, we all have to thank nomadabhi for getting the cake to make the meet even more memorable with a sweet start

The photos from Kaas & Tohesagar on the hijacked LCD were mesmerizing and the animated discussions engrossing. Infact so much so that guys who had plans to leave by 1430 hrs ended up ordering lunch close to 1500hrs. I believe Kaas is now going to be an annual feature on the tbhp meet calender and that thought itself is making me grin from ear to ear. Thanks to MX6, ASHISHPALLOD & vrprabhu for having given us all the Kaas fever.

Finally having polished off the last morsels, the group made its way to the parking a little over 1645 hrs and more discussions ensued. The first batch departed at a little over 1715 hrs with the last group leaving as hvkumar states above at close to 1800 hrs. BTW the vegetarian portion of the food was great. With Chooley Bhature for the first round followed by Chholey Kulchey for the second supplemented with Lassi I came home and logged on to the forum only to fall asleep on the couch. Woke up a little while ago and here I am again with plans for the next meet already forming at the back of my mind. Let us see which city will that be in Poona, Bombay again, Delhi or would it be somewhere in between hmm.. time will tell.

All right, I should stop now before my thoughts run riot and thank all of you guys above for having made this day thoroughly enjoyable. Another thank you to the two friends of Sprucegoose who joined us, trust you guys had a nice time too. To anilsanil sorry about the alloys young friend would have been great to see you drive back with new wheels, but we will rectify that situation sooner than later.

Untill the next time folks, drive on!

Last edited by khoj : 11th October 2010 at 02:08.
Old 11th October 2010, 08:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Great meeting each one of you!

Thanks Khoj for taking us around in Mumbai! and taking the pains of running over a snake!

Nomad! Thanks a ton for the cake! and of course for the mobile charger!

Sprucegoose! Thanks for - you know what! How could you miss the order for Bolbolero!!

Bolbolero! Thanks for that gyan on DSLR, now i have at least postponed my decision.

Parimal! Great snaps mate!!

superselect! Great meeting you, hope to see you more!

Great to meet you again f1fan, gostel, xehaust and issigonis

And it is a pleasure to meet you HVK sir, was blown away to see the method behind your attention to detail!! And BTW there was hardly any traffic on expressway.

And MX6, come on!!!!
Old 11th October 2010, 10:08   #89
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear you guys had a rocking time. Too bad I could not join you. Did you click any pictures? I hope to get a chance to meet you all guys again and also a chance to meet HVK.

May be plan the next meet in Pune/Lonavala?

-Biju
Old 11th October 2010, 10:34   #90
BHPian

Yeppie! finally vaccinated, though a new roaming syndrome is arising now.
It was real nice to meet you all again.

Issigonis nice to see your beauty again making it's statement at the LoP parking lot.

BolBolero thanks for the tips on DSLR. After Kaas shoot I was looking for something more and was almost finalized 550D. On the other hand HS10 was at back of my mind. The discussion got my final verdict intended towards HS.

f1fan your The start of your service road experience was missed by both times, once I was out for cake and second I was out for a break.

MX6 Now I know your Harihareshwar experience. One thing that I observed is that as soon as there's something about your daughter, your eyes lit up with happiness. But, once again I would say take care of your ligament(I might have bored you with the same statement over and over). All my wishes to your cutie pie daughter.

Khoj Bhaiyaa, I liked those caps on your blue beauty which turns red for some reason. While returning back I was looking closely on road to find that snake but I guess I missed it. The food was good and thanks for your appreciation on the freshness of cake cream. Infact, this was the first time when I too was able to taste such a fresh cream from them. Maybe they knew that you are coming.

parimal_g First of all thanks to give me a company from KLY to LoP. It was nice to share experience but at same time sad to know your shogun loss. And, true that its a daily long drive for us covering that 35km stretch.

SuperrrrrrrSelect, man you made my day. While going through a old mumbai meet thread I did see your pic. But meeting you face to face was amazing. Hope to see your superselect next time we meet.

HVK Sir, It was really great to meet you and no wonder why you a Distinguish BHPian. Hope to meet you soon again.

Gostel Sir, I have passed on your regards to my Dad. And I have made sure that he will be there in our next trip.

anilsanil I think we both were in the same shoe of getting DSLR but now we are clear about that thought. Take care of your ligament bro. Dont thank me for the charger. With my personnal experience, I know how bad it may be sometime with mobile switched off.

Xehaust thank you for the mags. really like them. Infact the time I reach, I just laid down to go thru them

sprucegoose I thought you got your hairs short, but on a close look found them to be just in place. Thanks for what you know, he he he. Nice to meet your friends as well Kalyan and Pantera fan.

Am I missing someone in the list (scratching my head), sorry if I had but it was good meeting you all.

Oh yesssss, Thanks a ton to NomadAbhi for the fresh cake. (it was an opportunity to satisfy my sweet tooth )

Guys please bring on the pics I am waiting eagerly as I took none.

Most Viewed