Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2005, 14:22   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You Bangalore boys have all the fun!! Come on Bombay / Pune...wake up

GTO
Old 12th December 2005, 14:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

amitoj's car is the wolf in sheep's clothing ...on the return journey as it was decided that 120 would be the max ...and when everyone just started ripping ...samurai was teh last to start...hahahhaha...he said he did 150 and even then when he could not catch up with teh rest ..he just gave up...

abt rudra's car ,the new alloys rokkkkk.....and abt the pickup ...we both were doing about 80 kph and then suddenly he acclerated away from me as if i was stationary...
Old 12th December 2005, 15:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
amitoj's car is the wolf in sheep's clothing
heh! It looks so battered and run down that by the looks of it, you would hardly expect it to reach even 3 digit speeds. And yesterday, my zen was the slowest of the three zens present. Its time i make another visit to Psycho's garage.
Old 12th December 2005, 15:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
and this time it was no holes barred..
Ehhh??? These youngsters have a one-track mind...even while driving!

You guys are having some serious fun out there...still havent been able to join in for a proper TBHP drive (the last one at Bangalore was too short).

Nice going, guys. Rudra that culvert must've been painful, especially with that flashy footwear....

What was it about Nitin and a truck? I hope he showed the truck who the real baap is! BTW its time you had your plastic painted, Nitin.
Old 12th December 2005, 15:47   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
after i introed myself to the newcomers i.e pathak,satya,samurai our leader says lets head out to have some coffee..
Hey, who are you calling newcomers??? I have been here much longer than you, and Sayta has been around even longer. Hmm, I guess you are going by the number of hours on the forum, that I will give.

Quote:
so rudraji takes lead with me following right behind him and behind me were samurai,pathak,satya,amitoj and nitin..however all followed some strict road discipline as our group leader drove not in excess of 80kmph and the rest followed his suite.
Having memory slips, are we? It was me behind Rudra and you were behind me. Only Nitin broke rank once but was forced back by some trucks that didn't give way.

Quote:
then leading the way were the 2 zens of amitoj and speedsatya and all were trying to catch up the gold zen of amitoj which again seemed to be heading to andaman and nicobars..so it was the 2 zens in hot pursuit with samurai unleashing the power of the baleno to keep poking in and out of the lead..
Actually it was me who took off right after the coffee shop, I wanted to see how long amitoj needed to overtake me. I evetually yielded at 160, I can't understand how his Zen can maintain such speed. Within minutes we come across this two trucks that were dragging each other neck to neck at 15Kmph. After suffering them for few minutes, we managed to pass them. Then I realized I had an unique chance to leave amitoj in my smoke, I redlined in 2nd gear and rocketed away.

Meanwhile I noticed that mclaren's Zen had gotten away, probably by passing over the shoulders on the left, I had seen him passing trucks on the left over the shoulder before that. Which is why later when v1p3r screamed at me for passing on left, I was quite amused. Anyway, so I decided to see what mclaren can do with his Zen, and boy can he drive. And these were curving roads with ups and downs. I floored the pedal on 5th and I could only match his speed (not enough to pass), then I switched off the A/C, still didn't help. Then I sighed and dropped to 4th, and I passed him without a sweat. It was a great competition. Reminded me of overtaking 60ft long tractor trailers on the series of S curves on Pennsylvania turnpike a decade ago.

Although we were pulling crazy speeds, I should say I didn't see anybody driving dangerously. The traffic or the villagers crossing the roads were given broad margin and all competition was restricted to free roads. I would have loved to say no animal was harmed in this trip, but I believe mclaren ran over a rat.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th December 2005 at 15:50.
Old 12th December 2005, 16:36   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hey, who are you calling newcomers??? I have been here much longer than you, and Sayta has been around even longer. Hmm, I guess you are going by the number of hours on the forum, that I will give.

Anyway, so I decided to see what mclaren can do with his Zen, and boy can he drive. And these were curving roads with ups and downs. I floored the pedal on 5th and I could only match his speed (not enough to pass), then I switched off the A/C, still didn't help. Then I sighed and dropped to 4th, and I passed him without a sweat.

I would have loved to say no animal was harmed in this trip, but I believe mclaren ran over a rat.
by newcomers i meant pathak and in a sence u both as in i had never met u guys before..newcomers for ME..samjha kar samurai uncle..

boy o boy u havent yet seen what my stock zen can do yet..hadnt it been for the shortage of funds i would have shown u a few tricks that i picked up from our madman could do to a zen..would have left the other two zens in dust for sure and v1p3r,wolf,gray would certainly agree..as for my driving just wait until i finish my coaching on drag racing that i intend to take once psychos back..btw my passenger know as v1p3r is a chicken in a passengers seat but a roaring lion in a drivers' kept chickening out the moment i hit 120,so didnt want to try to keep up with everyone..u had to shift into 4th,was that a baleno that u were driving ..

oye when did i run over a RAT da..im totally harmless,even to animals..the rat episode was v1p3r running over one a day before the drag..we were testing the car and i was behind him in the baleno..i repeat im NO KILLER..

PS : advice those reading this not to take S turns in a zen at 140+ unless u know the car like at the back of ur mind..not moresoever when u have a passenger like v1p3r chickening out and yelling ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 12th December 2005 at 16:44.
Old 12th December 2005, 16:43   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
What was it about Nitin and a truck? I hope he showed the truck who the real baap is! BTW its time you had your plastic painted, Nitin.
that moment was really hilarious..here we are after the krishnagiri tollgate waiting for the dicor to arrive and as we wait we could see the dicor coming right next to a truck..and v1p3r goes "even next to a truck that bloody thing looks massive"..and what he said was true in every sence..except that the guy driving it wasnt that HUGE..hehe..

we did have a chat about painting the plastic steeroid but nitin feels comfortable with the plastiky grey..it seems he already had a few scratches on the sides and said that paint would peel off and hence doesnt want to try it..btw high time we get to see 2 dicors at a run..
Old 12th December 2005, 16:52   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..u had to shift into 4th,was that a baleno that u were driving ..
That happened around 140+ I believe. I couldn't get the sudden passing power at 5th, hence shifted to 4th. What's wrong with that? Can't expect much torque in overdrive.
Old 12th December 2005, 18:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..btw high time we get to see 2 dicors at a run..
Plan out a good long run sometime in early Jan, preferably during the holidays. Why dont you Bangalore boys come down to Cochin? We'll drive back with you...
Old 12th December 2005, 19:30   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Plan out a good long run sometime in early Jan, preferably during the holidays. Why dont you Bangalore boys come down to Cochin? We'll drive back with you...
thats actually a very good idea..we can plan out a holiday type drive for 2 days at the most..but finding time in early jan would be a problem for most..im free till march beginning..so expect me to be there anytime..now for the others to put their views..
PS: steeroid on a promise that ur going to show us some exotics (both locations and cars,not women) in cochin if and when we visit there..
Old 12th December 2005, 19:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
That happened around 140+ I believe. I couldn't get the sudden passing power at 5th, hence shifted to 4th. What's wrong with that? Can't expect much torque in overdrive.

Exactly the same thing happened to my 1.6 Ikon when I was at 140 kmph in 5th gear. And I thought that's because it is new (done 1100 kms)

I wanted to go faster but the car would not budge. It just held it's speed at 140 and the accelerator pedal seemed hollow. I dropped to 4th and sped upto 170 kmph without any problem. Thought around 140 was the limit in 5th gear for this car.

Quickly enough I was brought to my senses by Satya who asked me to slow down and keep it around 100 kmph as the car was quite new. But was it really because of running-in issues? I would have happily thought so, but Samurai's post makes me wonder now.

Last edited by S Pathak : 12th December 2005 at 19:40.
Old 12th December 2005, 20:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: steeroid on a promise that ur going to show us some exotics (both locations and cars,not women) in cochin if and when we visit there..
Artofzen knows where all the exotics are kept - cars and a couple of powerboats. So that shouldnt be a problem.

I know all the locations, so that shouldnt be a problem either.

I used to know the last bit too, but alas not anymore (psst: my son is on the forum too!)...I'm quite surprised by your alleged lack of interest in that variety of exotics, though. Is your girlfriend on the forum, or are you really stuck up on one of those JBL girls?

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th December 2005 at 20:26.
Old 12th December 2005, 21:12   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Artofzen knows where all the exotics are kept - cars and a couple of powerboats. So that shouldnt be a problem.

I know all the locations, so that shouldnt be a problem either.

I used to know the last bit too, but alas not anymore (psst: my son is on the forum too!)...I'm quite surprised by your alleged lack of interest in that variety of exotics, though. Is your girlfriend on the forum, or are you really stuck up on one of those JBL girls?
hhhhmm..lovely.. totally forgot about those powerboats..

so mumma has sent Jr.Steeroid to keep an eye on dady's on-forum activities eh ??? guess i should show him the bangalore drive thread ..the incident at the leela..hehe..

yikes GF and that too on the forum..no way..honestly speaking thats the most bitter part of a mans life (atleast according to me)..so the more u delay it the better..btw whats this with the JBL girls now !!! dont even remember their faces let alone their names..

PS: talking about GF's i surely do have one..thats my ZEN..
Old 12th December 2005, 21:46   #59
BANNED

hey rudra how about changing the thread title to bangalore drive report with pics..
Old 12th December 2005, 22:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
abt rudra's car ,the new alloys rokkkkk.....and abt the pickup ...we both were doing about 80 kph and then suddenly he acclerated away from me as if i was stationary...
Hehe...that was me in FIFTH gear! I was trying to see what the torque could do in 5th. Man, Rudra is right when he describes it as butter! The engine makes me wonder what it's big brother, the Monaro's V8, must feel like...

Quote:
I decided to see what mclaren can do with his Zen, and boy can he drive
With Psycho's coaching, and a few useful tips from yours truly, Stuart Little may well turn out to be the surprise package...I was navigating him on the run, with BRAKE, THIRD GEAR, DOWNSHIFT. He does drive well, and a paranoid navi helps him stay alive!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks