Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 04:25   #31

Can we have some pictures please. Its been sooooo long since there was a PROPER Bombay meet! Like the ones we had after the Speed Run and the other ones at Gogis
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice to see you guys had a great meet. But seeing the time you have posted Ravi, the meet was over pretty early by normal dinner meet standards. Looking forward to the pictures from the meet.
Well, we met early by 8.30 so i guess it was good enough time to sort out all the food we ate.
Am thinking we should change the title of "Meets" to something more apt like "Eats" perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Haha, i am seeing this thread now! Glad you guys had fun. Let's publicize it more next time. Been a while since that meet at Barbeque Nation.
Tips on more publicizing please.
But yes, there have been a few meets after BBN. It all started with the Kaas Trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Can we have some pictures please. Its been sooooo long since there was a PROPER Bombay meet! Like the ones we had after the Speed Run and the other ones at Gogis
Ah! Any ideas on any motorsport events being held anytime soon in the city?

As for the pictures, we found a closet photographer in the staff at Kakori House. Parimal is probably having trouble sorting the many angles & photos that guy took
The food, yes, us veggies enjoyed the melt-in-mouth kebabs & the biryani was just amazing. Non-veggies seemed pretty happy too.

In a nutshell, the place is such that you wouldnt notice it while driving past unless you are a very keen observer, but is a gem as far as the food goes. The most unique thing was that the staff would almost equal the number of customers.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:47   #33
BHPian

Lads, gourmets, gourmands, countrymen,

A fantabulous meet and thanks to Gogi and Genesis for being the master of ceremonies for drawing up our menu.

Please find below a (tentative) list of post Kakori House (and Noorani Cafe and Shivaji Park) withdrawal symtoms meets (and eats) :

1. A vegetarian eat ( let's have one please) at the best veggie place in Bombay
[ Gourmets please suggest a really good place]

2. A Kashmiri cuisine eat at Chor Bizarre, Lavasa (post Diwali)
[ a morning drive to Lavasa followed by lunch and tea, returning to Bombay by late evening]

3. A trip to Harihareshwar ( although this does not qualify strictly as a Mumbai mini meet) I am putting it here till it acquires some critical mass, for us to request the mods to get a thread of its own, similar to that of Kaas

Regards, drive safe
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Lads, gourmets, gourmands, countrymen,

A fantabulous meet and thanks to Gogi and Genesis for being the master of ceremonies for drawing up our menu.

Please find below a (tentative) list of post Kakori House (and Noorani Cafe and Shivaji Park) withdrawal symtoms meets (and eats) :

1. A vegetarian eat ( let's have one please) at the best veggie place in Bombay
[ Gourmets please suggest a really good place]

2. A Kashmiri cuisine eat at Chor Bizarre, Lavasa (post Diwali)
[ a morning drive to Lavasa followed by lunch and tea, returning to Bombay by late evening]

3. A trip to Harihareshwar ( although this does not qualify strictly as a Mumbai mini meet) I am putting it here till it acquires some critical mass, for us to request the mods to get a thread of its own, similar to that of Kaas

Regards, drive safe
Boss immediately coming to my mind for Veggies are Masala Manter at 4 Bunglows, Radhakrishna opp Shoppers Stop S.V.Road Andheri West, Kailash Parvat opp Infinity Mall Andheri West, Rajdhani Thali at Infinity Mall Malad.
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:40   #35
BANNED

Hi,

Some of the excelent veg joints that come to mind in South Mumbai are Sun Veg Restaurant, Cream Centre, Swati Snacks or Panchvati for gujju thaali.

Viper
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:25   #36
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Count me in for Lavasa and Harihaeshwar.
I just reached Pune after a great ordeal, which would probably feature in a travelogue, sans photos.
I can't make it to the veggie meet unless it's on a weekend (not tomorrow as my eyes are still red).
By the way, seems the Kaas trip has kindled a gastronomic expedition in the members which makes me very happy!

@Khoj. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Please do drop by to collect Prasad.
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:40   #37
BHPian

Panchavati is at Forum, Thane as well as In Orbit Vashi, any other place where Panchavati Thali is available..?
So dates guys.?
Photos are coming shortly.., i reached at 2 Am last night, traffic on Vashi road.Not able to work, feeling sleepy..
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:50   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Panchavati is at Forum, Thane as well as In Orbit Vashi, any other place where Panchavati Thali is available..?
So dates guys.?
Photos are coming shortly.., i reached at 2 Am last night, traffic on Vashi road.Not able to work, feeling sleepy..
Hi,

The one I know is opp Bombay Hospital Marine Lines.

Viper
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

The one I know is opp Bombay Hospital Marine Lines.

Viper
That one has closed long back, if I am not mistaken. Or has it opened again?
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
So dates guys.?
Boss every one is eagerly waiting for the photos pleassssss post them as soon as possible.In fact my son was opening the site almost every 2 hrs to see the photos

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 22nd October 2010 at 20:04.
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:26   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not paying to eat gujju food!!!! No Swati, etc plz
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:42   #42
BHPian

Hi guyS, HMMM. . . . seems you all are on mission tummy feed. :-)
Sorry for not keeping in touch as i broke my laptop. No display on it and at work can login to site but not able to post. Thanks to my mobile though it was tiresome to go between pages about things which i missed.
By the way, i finally had my hands on FUJI HS10.
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:11   #43
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Amazing meet guys, great participants, great food,

Khoj was not sure about the parking at Mahim and also was not keen to drive his Cedia all the way from Vashi to Mahim on the Busy evening traffic, so we took Meru cab from his place where i kept my car also.
Ok, we reached little late than other Bombers, 3-4 tables were joined to accommodate all the members, we veggies got sandwiched between Nov -veggies group(except viper), food was good, especially the boondi raita,Black dal and Biryani, followed by Firani and Milk cake (again Khoj's khoj) and Paan at Sharada was the perfect end for the eve.
Our return journey to Vashi was bit exciting, we had multiple options to reach vashi, but we tried the best one, where we all most covered all possible transport options in Mumbai except Train, the journey till chembur was good thanks a ton to genesis for lift till Vashi Taxi stand, and now the fun begins, we got Maruti 800 Yellow cab and Imagine me and Khoj seating at back seat of the car, after crossing the Mankhurd flyover we got stuck in bad traffic and it was real bad, we hardly moved for 100mts in 30-35 mins, so we decided to leave the taxi and to try for train to Vashi from Mankhurd, as traffic on the other side was moving, but immediately while walking bak, we saw a NMMT volvo ,just we cars behind our taxi and it was our unanimous decision to take the bus(Kisako Ghai hai BUS AC to hai at least,) so after almost 40-45 mins we reached vashi around 1.00 AM, took the Rik till Khoj's Place and drove to home and Reached at 2.00 AM.

@BolBolero : Good to see your leg back, in action.
@Ravi: Nice meeting you again, will try for Sunday
@Issigonis: Will bring my Movies collection for next meet, lets see if its up tto your liking.
@Xehaust/F1Fan/Super Select/Viper.. lets find good veggies joint.
@genesis and Prasad(If I speed it correctly) Thanks a lot for the lift.
@Iqubal Veerji:Sirjee sorry for the late post uploading the snaps, and it was really nice to meet you and your son.
@Gogi : It was pleasure meeting you.

Ok this is my longest post on Teambhp, should stop writting now.

Ok now Snaps:
Attached Thumbnails
Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-moon.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9781.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9782.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9784.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9785.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9790.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9791.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9792.jpg  

Mini-Meets (In-City only) Mumbai-img_9799.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2010, 00:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Aha, finally the snaps are here and Issigonis's expression with the Phirni doing its magic is worth not just a thousand but a Gazillion words (see third snap from bottom). It was great to meet fellow members from Bombay, some for the first time and other old paapis. Parimal_g has already covered our travel travails so without delving anymore on that I will express my sincere thanks to Genesis for his kind words and for the ride.

Thanks to Super Select for proposing this gem of a place and Issigonis for making the meet happen. Some of the best Mutton Burras and Shamis I have had in a long long time. Carried some shami back home too, though I regret not having bought some of that yummy milk cake too. Hmm reason enough to drive back this Sunday

BTW I spotted the latest addition to the Panchvati chain at the KORUM mall in Thane yesterday afternoon. Top floor opposite the Video games arcade.

On another tangent during my talks with Iqbal Veerji regarding pre partition Hindostan, we discovered that his late Father and my late Grand Father studied engineering from 'The Queen Victoria Silver Jubilee Engineering College' in Lahore around the same time. Small World it really is with just six degrees of separation.

Another interesting titbit, some years ago SuperSelect and yours truly stayed in the same building in Pedder Road but met in Satara for the first time for the Kaas meet. So then again the World is not as small as we make it out to be.

EDIT MX6, sab nazar ka dhoka hai!!
I was wearing a shirt with a sharper cut during the LOP, the one yesterday is tailored with a more relaxed fit. Your observation at LOP came pre lunch and in these snaps I am full of all the goodies. Let us see what you have to say on the subject when I meet you in Poona tomorrow.

And yes it was a smashing meet. SuperSelect's twinkling eyes remind me of "Dil to Baccha hai Ji...Abhi to kaccha hai Jee".

BTW trust yours are better than before.

Last edited by khoj : 23rd October 2010 at 00:52.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:40   #45
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Khoj. What ever you shed till our LoP meet, you've put on again as I see from the photo of you and Parimal in the volvo!
Seems I've missed a great meet.
And Superselect's eyes seems to reflect on the mood of the meet!

Most Viewed