Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:06   #46
BHPian

Guys really sad to miss these meets. Ofcourse the Friday meet would not have possible due to my work.

Looking forward for the Go-Kart and Lavasa meet though. Hope my lappie gets back to me so that I can keep up with updates.

I am jealous, but sure as well that you guys might have missed the cake though.

@Bolbolero, Will make sure to get the cake on next meet.

@Hvk, Eager to go through your 5k travelogue but to cover 5k on my 2inch mobile screen would be tough to keep up with you.

@Parimal, great photos man as always.
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hello Guys,

Amazing meet guys, great participants, great food,

Khoj was not sure about the parking at Mahim and also was not keen to drive his Cedia all the way from Vashi to Mahim on the Busy evening traffic, so we took Meru cab from his place where i kept my car also.
Ok, we reached little late than other Bombers, 3-4 tables were joined to accommodate all the members, we veggies got sandwiched between Nov -veggies group(except viper), food was good, especially the boondi raita,Black dal and Biryani, followed by Firani and Milk cake (again Khoj's khoj) and Paan at Sharada was the perfect end for the eve.
Our return journey to Vashi was bit exciting, we had multiple options to reach vashi, but we tried the best one, where we all most covered all possible transport options in Mumbai except Train, the journey till chembur was good thanks a ton to genesis for lift till Vashi Taxi stand, and now the fun begins, we got Maruti 800 Yellow cab and Imagine me and Khoj seating at back seat of the car, after crossing the Mankhurd flyover we got stuck in bad traffic and it was real bad, we hardly moved for 100mts in 30-35 mins, so we decided to leave the taxi and to try for train to Vashi from Mankhurd, as traffic on the other side was moving, but immediately while walking bak, we saw a NMMT volvo ,just we cars behind our taxi and it was our unanimous decision to take the bus(Kisako Ghai hai BUS AC to hai at least,) so after almost 40-45 mins we reached vashi around 1.00 AM, took the Rik till Khoj's Place and drove to home and Reached at 2.00 AM.

@BolBolero : Good to see your leg back, in action.
@Ravi: Nice meeting you again, will try for Sunday
@Issigonis: Will bring my Movies collection for next meet, lets see if its up tto your liking.
@Xehaust/F1Fan/Super Select/Viper.. lets find good veggies joint.
@genesis and Prasad(If I speed it correctly) Thanks a lot for the lift.
@Iqubal Veerji:Sirjee sorry for the late post uploading the snaps, and it was really nice to meet you and your son.
@Gogi : It was pleasure meeting you.

Ok this is my longest post on Teambhp, should stop writting now.

Ok now Snaps:
Parimal ji thank you very much for posting the photos, My son was very happy to see the snaps. As you said you reached home almost midnight, very strange that there is traffic at that hour also. Most probably due to our corrupt cops looking for easy money as bribes from truck drivers leaving the city for their trips out of city. Sorry about my this message very short reason I have come home from office for lunch and have to hurry back. REGARDS..
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Aha, finally the snaps are here and Issigonis's expression with the Phirni doing its magic is worth not just a thousand but a Gazillion words (see third snap from bottom). It was great to meet fellow members from Bombay, some for the first time and other old paapis. Parimal_g has already covered our travel travails so without delving anymore on that I will express my sincere thanks to Genesis for his kind words and for the ride.

Thanks to Super Select for proposing this gem of a place and Issigonis for making the meet happen. Some of the best Mutton Burras and Shamis I have had in a long long time. Carried some shami back home too, though I regret not having bought some of that yummy milk cake too. Hmm reason enough to drive back this Sunday

BTW I spotted the latest addition to the Panchvati chain at the KORUM mall in Thane yesterday afternoon. Top floor opposite the Video games arcade.

On another tangent during my talks with Iqbal Veerji regarding pre partition Hindostan, we discovered that his late Father and my late Grand Father studied engineering from 'The Queen Victoria Silver Jubilee Engineering College' in Lahore around the same time. Small World it really is with just six degrees of separation.

Another interesting titbit, some years ago SuperSelect and yours truly stayed in the same building in Pedder Road but met in Satara for the first time for the Kaas meet. So then again the World is not as small as we make it out to be.

EDIT MX6, sab nazar ka dhoka hai!!
I was wearing a shirt with a sharper cut during the LOP, the one yesterday is tailored with a more relaxed fit. Your observation at LOP came pre lunch and in these snaps I am full of all the goodies. Let us see what you have to say on the subject when I meet you in Poona tomorrow.

And yes it was a smashing meet. SuperSelect's twinkling eyes remind me of "Dil to Baccha hai Ji...Abhi to kaccha hai Jee".

BTW trust yours are better than before.
Bhai sahab, very strange that you both reached home almost midnight, in a way it was a blessing in disguise because all that stuff we all had got digested by that time before you slumped on the bed. My son has become fond of you after the meet and keeps telling me that "Uncle is very nice person",Now toh he keeps seeing your photos and remembering the moments we shared together,and asks me about when will be next meet? In the next meet my elder son would like to join viz LAVASA.
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

@parimal: awesome snaps buddy, thanks a ton ! You guys ssem to have had quite an adventure on the way back home..

@Iqbal ji: Ha ha, "gulab masala" supari has qiuite an effect on everyone who tastes it - I call it the "ENT" supari. Clears up the ears, noise, and throat.

@All: awesome, totally awesome. Waiting for the next eat. Sorry, meet.
Old 23rd October 2010, 23:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
I am jealous, but sure as well that you guys might have missed the cake though.

@Bolbolero, Will make sure to get the cake on next meet.

@Hvk, Eager to go through your 5k travelogue but to cover 5k on my 2inch mobile screen would be tough to keep up with you.

@Parimal, great photos man as always.
Yes we do missed the cake but discovered new cake, called Milk Cake courtesy Khoj bhai.

And congrats fo your new cam, 30x zoom rocks man.

Quote:
Parimal ji thank you very much for posting the photos, My son was very happy to see the snaps. As you said you reached home almost midnight, very strange that there is traffic at that hour also. Most probably due to our corrupt cops looking for easy money as bribes from truck drivers leaving the city for their trips out of city. Sorry about my this message very short reason I have come home from office for lunch and have to hurry back. REGARDS..
Sir jee, thanks a lot for your kind words, yes the traffic was probably due to the same reason.

Last edited by parimal_g : 23rd October 2010 at 23:50.
Old 25th October 2010, 11:19   #51
BHPian

Dammit, was sick for that one, but I'm fine now.
I'm on for the next meet.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:42   #52
BHPian

>>>

Went on a quick mission to Kakori House last night. Took home phirni and milk cake from Noorani.

A. The all vegetarian meet/eat : who will own?
B. Kashmiri meet/eat in Lavasa : is 13th November Saturday a good day? This is post Diwali ( reckon most of us would rather take the three day long weekend - 5th to 7th Nov with their families)
C. Harihareshwar - Parimal to initiate

Regards, drive safe
Old 25th October 2010, 14:03   #53
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'm in for Lavasa and Harihareshwar. 13th Nov is fine with me for Lavasa

Issigonis. Why don't you start a thread for the lavasa meet with poll for dates? Or is this going to be one consolidated thread for eat meets?
Old 25th October 2010, 14:31   #54
BHPian

Guys, the go-karting meet planned by ragingbull is now getting active. Below is the link. Lets decide a date & the number of us who can attend. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ng-meet-2.html
Old 25th October 2010, 14:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Guys, the go-karting meet planned by ragingbull is now getting active. Below is the link. Lets decide a date & the number of us who can attend. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ng-meet-2.html

Go karting on Weekends is very crowded, last time when we tried, wating was for min two hrs, these is one place in goa where we can keep the meet.A drive cum Go karting meet.

[/quote]

C. Harihareshwar - Parimal to initiate[quote]

Third week of Nov am not in Mumbai going for Nagpur, trying to club tadoba same time lets see, how about First week of Dec 10 (4th and 5th).
Old 26th October 2010, 14:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Go karting on Weekends is very crowded, last time when we tried, wating was for min two hrs, these is one place in goa where we can keep the meet.A drive cum Go karting meet.
No it's not as crowded these days. But the Q does get lengthy in the evening. Best time is to go at 3pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Yes plz decide the date. We were thinking about 6th Nov but since it's a Diwali weekend, many of us won't be able to make it I guess. Anyways do stick to that thread for updates.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
No it's not as crowded these days. But the Q does get lengthy in the evening. Best time is to go at 3pm.

Yes plz decide the date. We were thinking about 6th Nov but since it's a Diwali weekend, many of us won't be able to make it I guess. Anyways do stick to that thread for updates.
Pls keep it for 14th since it is sunday , we can start early and come back in decent hrs of the same day. 13th is saturday and I am working in the office.I am in if it is 14th. Regards......
Old 27th October 2010, 14:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

I am off from 6-13th and would be available any date post! Interested in Lavasa and Hari'eshwar! Glued!
Old 27th October 2010, 17:36   #59
BHPian

Lavasa meet - poll : please choose

>>>

To choose a date for the Lavasa meet, please go here :
Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date - Team-BHP

The dates are 1. 13th Nov and 2. 14th Nov

Bon voyage et bon apetit

Regards, drive safe
Old 16th November 2010, 19:52   #60
BHPian

Ok, the Lavasa meet was a success & here is the thread complete with reports & ofcourse, pictures from Pg.7 onwards.
It took place on 14th Nov (Sunday)
Lavasa Meet

Our next meet:
The Autocar Perfomance Show will be held at BKC from this friday (19th Nov). There is already a seperate thread, so here is the link to that:
APS Meet at BKC

Last edited by Xehaust : 16th November 2010 at 19:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks