Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Please choose a date for the Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet & eat
Saturday 13th November 11 44.00%
Sunday 14th November 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 10:25   #46
BHPian

14th is fine with me and awaiting eagerly. Sadly my laptop still not repaired to keep updated with threads.
Old 10th November 2010, 10:40   #47
BHPian

@nomadabhi, looks like you have problem similar to mine before leaving for the Andamans. So I couldn't do a proper planning and pre-booking of my visit. After returning I got my desk-top repaired from a computer garage at Parel (opp. ITC Grand). Good job done for Rs525.

@issigonis sir, today is the last day for the poll so I shall await the confirmations and schedules. I guess it will be for the 14th, and that is fine for me. With Khoj away Who will be the food guide? The great guy just disappeared without a sound! Just you wait Khoj puttar, we shall impose a 'hefty' fine on you for this
Old 10th November 2010, 10:48   #48
BHPian

Sorry guys. I would be able to make it on 14th. I need to travel to Mumbai for some urgent work.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:45   #49
BHPian

Guys,
Is this a family meet like KAAS or a stag's meet like LOP?

Cheers
f1fan
Old 10th November 2010, 14:58   #50
BHPian

f1fan, issigonis sir announced this as sequel to the Kaas meet, in his first post. By that standard Lavasa has to be a family meet. The LOP was a withdrawal symptom, and we may have a sequel to that after the Lavasa meet and eat, not to worry
Old 10th November 2010, 15:22   #51
BHPian

@MX6 - yes, I finally have the RE Thunderbird. This is the Bird I was talking about; sadly its in the service station for 2nd service. The sole purpose I want to come to Lavasa is to ride (or glide?) on the Bird; and secondary is the meet .

So what's the final count from Pune? How many Peshwas till now?
Old 10th November 2010, 18:04   #52
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
and secondary is the meet .
All folks coming to lavasa. Huge applause to Advait. A round of pastries from him for all of us as reward for the comment that meet is secondary.

I've not been following this thread closely enough. Not sure about the count from Pune. May be 4 or 5.

Last edited by MX6 : 10th November 2010 at 18:05.
Old 10th November 2010, 19:48   #53
BHPian

I will need a ride and by what time we are coming back from Lavasa ..? I have to attend a wedding reception in the evening.
Planning to send car for servicing as taking her to Chandrapur, nagpur next weekend.
Old 10th November 2010, 20:06   #54
BHPian

Your names please! For D Day

>>>

Bon vivants,

The time has arrived to close the poll and it seems that 14th has nosed ahead by a margin of three votes. So 14th it is.

Now let us have the names so that we can discuss the numbers with Chor Bizarre for a deal if possible.

The Lavasa administration is pulling out all the stops to make Lavasa an attractive travel destination by holding a host of educational, cultural and other events this November. So it might just get a little crowded with the possibility of bumping into your neighbour whom you vaguely nod at during your ride down to the parking lot at home every morning!

So here goes,

1. issigonis (& boss of issigonis)

Please copy the list and add you names please

Regards, drive safe

P.S. : The (purported) absence of SuperSelect reminds me of the entry for former Pakistani opening batsman Majid Khan in Wisden, when he was chosen as one of the five cricketers of the year in 1970 : 'one could sense the changed atmosphere when he was not batting'

By the way a cursory check of the illustrious names in Wisden's cricketers of the year reveals the absence of a certain SRT*. Wonders never cease!
*Correction : SRT was one of the wondrous five in 1997. Sorry.

Last edited by issigonis : 10th November 2010 at 20:18. Reason: Corrected an error
Old 10th November 2010, 20:32   #55
MX6
Senior - BHPian

1. Issigonis (And boss of issigonis)
2. MX6

And yes, absence of superselct reminding of entry of pakistani batsman is fine. As long as it's not exit / disappearance of pakistani wicket keeper!
Old 10th November 2010, 20:34   #56
BHPian

2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
Old 10th November 2010, 21:10   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

And yes, absence of superselct reminding of entry of pakistani batsman is fine. As long as it's not exit / disappearance of pakistani wicket keeper!
>>>

Majid Khan is one of only two batsmen from the subcontinent to have scored a century before lunch in Test Cricket, being Kapil Dev's boyhood icon and the one batsman Barry Richards was most interested in watching when he came to England to play county cricket for Hampshire. In his autobiography Richards speaks of Majid scoring ( if I remember correctly)some 80 or 90 odd on a mudpatch of a pitch out of a Glamorgan total of some 130 odd. Remarkable stuff from a most old fashioned yet aggressive batsman. Lillee rated him very high too.

Regards, drive ( both off and on!) safe
Old 10th November 2010, 21:27   #58
BHPian

Hey, Sorry for the late foot in the door. I am in too. I am coming down from Viman Nagar (Pune) and might bring along a friend or two too. Anyone needing a ride from here to the otherside is most welcome. Though i might need some help in getting there. I am not too sure of the places/routes; Chalk up another one from Pune.
Old 10th November 2010, 21:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this meet is going to rock. Have my (jealous) eyes glued to this thread.
Issigonis and MX6 - you guys are making me feel good even though I'm not coming - thanks guys !
Old 10th November 2010, 22:23   #60
BHPian

Looking forward to the much talked about Lavasa. Dada, please work on the time schedule as well, like what time for bombers to report at McD.

2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
4. Gostel (+ boss)

SuperSelect, we will miss your bright-eyed smile, hope you make up for it the next time. Enjoy your time with your family.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks