Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Please choose a date for the Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet & eat
Saturday 13th November 11 44.00%
Sunday 14th November 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2010, 19:24   #76
BHPian

Hi - Was not sure earlier about my travel plans on the weekend, but now that I am in town - would definitely like to join in with family. Have updated the list accordingly;

1. Issigonis (And boss of issigonis)
2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
4. Gostel (+ boss)
5. IQBAL VEERJI + 2
6. keen.to.know + 2

Look forward to meeting all of you on Sunday.
Old 12th November 2010, 20:26   #77
BHPian

>>>

Here is the programme :

The total distance from McDonald's Kalamboli to Lavasa (Town Hall) is approximately 160 kms, with some hill sections. I imagine this run will take three hours. So in order to reach Chor Bizarre at 12 noon, we should :

A. Arrive at McDonald's Kalamboli at 8.45 am, Depart at 9.00 am sharp. Guys who want to breakfast can arrive a little earlier.

B. Arrive at Chandni Chowk-Paud Road

C. Start from Paud Road toll plaza

[The Bombay Bombers can link up with the Pune Peshwas just before the toll plaza, as suggested by MX6. Excellent choice MX6!]

Here is a link to the route from Bombay : http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...08647&t=h&z=12

The Bombers who get delayed in reaching McDonald's can join the convoy at C. For reaching C, from Bombay, please look out for DSK Toyota on the rhs on the Mumbai-Pune Bypass Road. This will be roughly 18 kms from the Expressway end/Mumbai Pune Bypass Road start.
About 2.5 kms after DSK Toyota, just after a Cafe Coffee Day outlet on the left, please get off the main road to the left (there will be signages indicating directions for Paud/Lavasa) onto a road called Pashan Road. Take a U turn about half a kilometre from where you exited to get onto the Paud Road, which will then go below the main road that you have left moments before. The point where you will take the U turn has a Garden Court restaurant. Continue for about 500-600 odd metres on the Paud Road and the toll plaza will be visible.

If confused, please ask for directions to Lavasa/Paud.

Regards, drive safe

Last edited by issigonis : 12th November 2010 at 20:39. Reason: Made corrections and additions
Old 12th November 2010, 21:19   #78
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Pune Peshwas can meet up near the toll on Paud road by 10:45 am. We'll spend some nice time there waiting for the Bombay Bombers who should be crossing our place no later than 11 am.
We should be in Lavasa by 12:30 that way.

For first timers to Lavasa, please note that this road after pirangut when you start climbing up has some obscene slopes and obscene angles.

Bumble beast, keen to know. Do let me know about the meeting point / time on Paud road.

Here's a surprise. AshishPallod is in Pune tomorrow! Had this meet happened tomorrow, we could have dragged him all the way to Dasve gaon as well!
Old 12th November 2010, 21:30   #79
BHPian

I will manage to come till Kalomboli McD, but will need a ride after that, koi muze lift dedo..

Anyone...?
Old 12th November 2010, 22:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
I will manage to come till Kalomboli McD, but will need a ride after that, koi muze lift dedo..

Anyone...?
Dear you can join us in our RED (SWIFT ) No. MH-02-BG-2413 I and my two sons will be coming from andheri west 7 bunglows.In al we are only 3 of us if you come it comes to 4.come dear come The Swift has Team BHP Stickers on front windscreen and both numberplates and also on rear glass.It can be identified by large KHANDA sticker at back glass,my younger son who was with us at Kakori meet is also coming along with my elder son.REGARDS...........

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 12th November 2010 at 22:10.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:26   #81
BHPian

2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
4. Gostel (+ boss)
5. IQBAL VEERJI + 2
6. keen.to.know + 2
Adding Parimal
7. parimal_g

That makes a total of fourteen.

Hoping for confirmations from Sprucegoose, BolBolero and Xehaust.
How about more from Pune?

Regards, drive safe
Old 13th November 2010, 12:00   #82
BHPian

Hey guys. Am out of this meet. Cannot make it tomorrow. Have an excellent sunday & enjoy the drive!
Hopefully, will be there at the Autocar Performance Show Meet. Hope to see you guys there too.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:00   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
4. Gostel (+ boss)
5. IQBAL VEERJI + 2
6. keen.to.know + 2
Adding Parimal
7. parimal_g
8. Captain Nandu Chitnis and Medini Chitnis

That makes a total of fourteen.

Hoping for confirmations from Sprucegoose, BolBolero and Xehaust.
How about more from Pune?

Regards, drive safe
Will be joining and have added our names to the list. We will be at Lavasa top at 12:30 hrs.

Rgds

Capt Nandu and Medini Chitnis
Old 13th November 2010, 16:17   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Dear you can join us in our RED (SWIFT ) No. MH-02-BG-2413 I and my two sons will be coming from andheri west 7 bunglows.In al we are only 3 of us if you come it comes to 4.come dear come The Swift has Team BHP Stickers on front windscreen and both numberplates and also on rear glass.It can be identified by large KHANDA sticker at back glass,my younger son who was with us at Kakori meet is also coming along with my elder son.REGARDS...........

Thanks a lot Sirjee, yes i will join you can you please PM your mobile number. Will try to be there by 8.30 AM.
Old 13th November 2010, 17:49   #85
BHPian

2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
4. Gostel (+ boss)
5. IQBAL VEERJI + 2
6. keen.to.know + 2
7. parimal_g
8. Captain Nandu Chitnis and Medini Chitni
9. Thewhiteknight+1

Adding my confirmation in.

I do need some information about how I should get to Paud road. Pune Peshwas. i intend on coming straight down on JM road and then getting onto Karve road and taking a right onto Paud road. PLease guide/correct me if this is an incorrect route to be taking or if there is a better route. Also, Any landmarks for meeting on Paud road? If someone confirmed (MX6) could PM me your Mobile number, it would be great. I am unfortunately very very lost in those parts of the city. :P
Old 13th November 2010, 18:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
I do need some information about how I should get to Paud road. Pune Peshwas. i intend on coming straight down on JM road and then getting onto Karve road and taking a right onto Paud road. PLease guide/correct me if this is an incorrect route to be taking or if there is a better route. Also, Any landmarks for meeting on Paud road? If someone confirmed (MX6) could PM me your Mobile number, it would be great. I am unfortunately very very lost in those parts of the city. :P
You are right about getting onto Paud road. At the end of Paud road, climb up to Chandini Chowk and keep going towards Mulshi. After going some distance you will come across a toll booth. That is where everyone is going to meet.

Chor Bizarre, Lavasa meet - please choose your date-towards_mulshi.png
Old 13th November 2010, 19:20   #87
BHPian

List update

>>>

The updated list now :

1. issigonis
2. MX6
3. Bumble Beast + 2
4. Gostel (+ boss)
5. IQBAL VEERJI + 2
6. keen.to.know + 2
7. parimal_g
8. Captain Nandu Chitnis and Medini Chitni
9. Thewhiteknight+1
10.BolBolero

BolBolero will join us at point C, else he will come straight to Lavasa.

That makes it nineteen.

Sprucegoose is yet to confirm but expecting him to come in his trademark OHC with the side-exhaust.

Regards, drive safe
Old 13th November 2010, 19:23   #88
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the map PJBiju. I was planning to post that and you've made life easy

For newcomers, please note that chandani chowk can be a big confusing with roads going all directions (I find new places there even now).
So in case of doubt, please do ask people how to go to Pirangut or lavasa.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Thanks a lot Sirjee, yes i will join you can you please PM your mobile number. Will try to be there by 8.30 AM.
Yes Dear it is 9820502323 Parimal have you ever gone to LAVASA earlier ? I am going for the first time and I drive at 80 to 90 kms/hrs on Expressway can you take somebody else nos also incase we lag behind or lost.PM me your no. also.pls Regards

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 13th November 2010 at 19:48.
Old 13th November 2010, 19:52   #90
BHPian

guys, i'll need to drop out of this meet. I got notified that I might have to travel out of town on a long assignment next weekend, so need to wrap up stuff this weekend itself.

have fun and upload pics. I hope to make it to Lavasa and kaas sometime in the future, hopefully as part of a meet

Most Viewed