Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 15:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Apart from EssYouWe who else cannot make it on the 5th? EssYouWe, is there a chance for extended stay?

I see various members have trouble on 26/27th. WE can make it on the 5th of December in that case.

Also will you people have trouble if we plan an early morning trip to THOL on the november 28th?

I am in with either THOL or the Pranlal Bhogilal place.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 16th November 2010 at 15:58.
Old 16th November 2010, 15:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

please quote and add / remove your name from the above list to get an exact count of the participant members.

EDITED / UPDATED LIST

Confirmed names for the meet on 28th November 2010.

1. Harshal
2. Aditya
3. @tombum
4. Rutvij,
5. bapu
6. hiren959
7. pankaj_sachdeva
8. devarshi84
9. EssYouWe
10. teknophobia
11. nisarg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hey!

I have to join back my office on the 1st. So, I can't really manage dates other than 27th/28th.
@devarshi84

EssYouWe can make it on 28th.

THOL in morning or VINTAGE VILLAGE in evening. Whatever is OK for all.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 16th November 2010 at 15:56.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry, but it would be impossible to stretch it further (believe me I want to, for more than one reason!). :(

We can also test drive the Audi Q7. :P

On a serious note, the early morning drive sounds like a good idea. How are the roads to Thol? How far is Baroda from here? Maybe those guys can host us for breakfast and we can drive back!

I'll stop pouring in dumb suggestions now.

Btw you guys are very proactive! I am sure at this rate, you'll be giving the Bangy boys and the Mumbai bhais a run for their money.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Really sorry, but it would be impossible to stretch it further (believe me I want to, for more than one reason!). :(

We can also test drive the Audi Q7. :P

On a serious note, the early morning drive sounds like a good idea. How are the roads to Thol? How far is Baroda from here? Maybe those guys can host us for breakfast and we can drive back!

I'll stop pouring in dumb suggestions now.

Btw you guys are very proactive! I am sure at this rate, you'll be giving the Bangy boys and the Mumbai bhais a run for their money.
Dude,

THOL & Baroda 2 different directions. Baroda is about 1.5 hrs from here. I would vote for driving to THOL and seeing the beautiful birds than driving to baroda for breakfast.(NO OFFENCE MEANT)

We can have a early morning drive to THOL as suggested and stop by for breakfast somewhere on return.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:27   #35
BHPian

hey gaaij
how about finalising the dates first and then the venue of the get together and then the driving destination.
one thing that i'd like to suggest is that for all those in ahmedabad it may be easy to have two meets. one on the 28th and one on the 5th. so please can we think along those lines too?
after the dates are set, and i suppose they are, we can decide a venue where we can come together and make our presence felt, letting the lesser mortals of ahmedabad pass by with their eyes popping out. a courtesy introduction session later everything else can be organised.
i'm all in for thol but i'd like to point out one thing. we are gonna visit the birds right? imagine what kind of havoc we are gonna create with so many cars, suvs, etc. around those poor things.
just thinking aloud guys.
you may do as you please. i am still on for the 5th if its happening then.
drive safe everyone.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
hey gaaij
how about finalising the dates first and then the venue of the get together and then the driving destination.
one thing that i'd like to suggest is that for all those in ahmedabad it may be easy to have two meets. one on the 28th and one on the 5th. so please can we think along those lines too?
after the dates are set, and i suppose they are, we can decide a venue where we can come together and make our presence felt, letting the lesser mortals of ahmedabad pass by with their eyes popping out. a courtesy introduction session later everything else can be organised.
i'm all in for thol but i'd like to point out one thing. we are gonna visit the birds right? imagine what kind of havoc we are gonna create with so many cars, suvs, etc. around those poor things.
just thinking aloud guys.
you may do as you please. i am still on for the 5th if its happening then.
drive safe everyone.
mandeep,

you are more than welcome. when you are around we all surely can meet again and plan something.

I agree with you on the car noise + thol thing. Also guys, from what I was told by another friend is that if we want to see some nice birds and click some nice pics., sunrise or sunset are the best times.

For now lets leave the venue aside and finalise the date and participants. I put up 28th only because majority agreed for 28th. I have no issues with 5th Dec. too. Sorry if my post mis interpreted anything.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:10   #37
BHPian

28th is fine and even the 5th. As long as there are more of us, it will be super fun.

Let everybody confirm one by one so we get a fair idea about who all will drop in.

BTW, I am in!
Old 16th November 2010, 18:30   #38

Hi everyone!

It sounds so good that we have so many here who are looking forward to be together for a meet. Please count me on for this. 4/5the dec sounds cool.

If Thol happens to be anywhere in the agenda and birds is what we would be looking for, then early mornings is very ideal as post 8 am more than half of them are gone. I know it would be early for some of us to reach there but if its thol and the birds, thats how it is.

We can gather at karnavati club as its a major landmark and kitli or breakfast, either options could be exercised.

So guys i look forward to this very exciting union..

cheers!!
veishal
Old 16th November 2010, 22:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

[quote=h@r$h@l;2142299]Guys,

please quote and add / remove your name from the above list to get an exact count of the participant members.

EDITED / UPDATED LIST

Confirmed names for the meet on 28th November 2010.

1. Harshal
2. Aditya
3. @tombum
4. Rutvij,
5. bapu
6. hiren959
7. pankaj_sachdeva
8. devarshi84
9. EssYouWe
10. teknophobia
11. nisarg86
12. 9thsphinx

Im in if we're doing this on 28th morning. Early morning Thol sounds fun. I've never been there
Old 17th November 2010, 00:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

28th Morning THOL it is as per popular demand. 5-30AM at Honest fast food place near S.G. Highway.

We can start working on the finer details.

Are we taking cars or UV's?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th November 2010 at 00:10.
Old 17th November 2010, 00:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

I am itching for a drive in my Scorpio. So, I wouldn't mind bringing it along.

But I am not at all familiar with the routes, and can't speak Gujarati :(. If anyone wants to tag along, that is fine by me.

It would be great if someone could just put everything on a map. I did look up the route to Thol, apparently there are a couple of roads leading to it.

It would be great if AVR can get his MM540 and Atom gets his Punto! Ah, I miss my Bullet :(
Old 17th November 2010, 01:33   #42
AVR
BHPian

Sure I'll get my 540 and 5:30 AM Sunday morning sounds good to me for Thol. Don't worry about directions as lot of us would know including me so see you all at Honest cross roads. I'll get in touch with a few more tbhpians who don't seem to be aware of this plan.

Cheers,
Aditya
Old 17th November 2010, 10:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

I am aware of the route and I am sure many other are too. Will also get a print of the directions for each car.

Also many others amongst us are gujju's so that should not be a problem.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:10   #44
BHPian

The plan seems great and If I am right in picking up directions, the honest cross road is at judges bungalow road (pakwan crossing).

@ EssYouWee : I am in a same boat about the routes and would like to join you in your Scorp, if you don't have any issues with that.

Cheers,
Pankaj
Old 17th November 2010, 10:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

No issues Pankaj, it works out fine for me.

My brother tells me the Honest Fast Food place is 200 m from where I am right now!

So, that is one problem solved for me.

Look forward to meeting you all. Cheers!

Most Viewed