Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 22:12   #61
BANNED

Sam, I still remember your expression in my rear view mirror on the drive upto Haatu peak !!

Maybe the coming summers we shud have a bigger meet in Himachal ...
Old 1st June 2007, 11:28   #62
BHPian

My trip to Narkanda

Hi,

I drove to Narkanda with few office colleagues abt 2 weeks back. Hotel Hatu was booked (the web-site was showing availability as -2 :-) We stayed in a place called Mahamaya Regency.

Thanx Khaadu for your help in arranging acco and guidance. I was travelling so couldn't update you earlier, sorry.

This was a on-off trip, was cancelled twice but ultimately it did happen. We went to Narkanda, Hatu peak, Thanedar. From Thanedar we were planning to go to Kotgarh, but wifey saw a magnificient view of Satluj from Thanedar and we decided to drove to the river-bed, about 25 KMs of tourtours road.

From there came back to Narkanda via Hindustan-Tibet road, so again missed Kotgarh :-(

Some pics from the trip -

Me at Hatu peak

View of Satluj from Thanedar

Cheers

Nitin
Old 1st June 2007, 12:26   #63
Team-BHP Support

Sam, the highest tbhp meet would be when i met a stranger (saurabh.shah) who turned out to be a tbhpian aboard my flight from bangalore to bbay

manson.
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Really Awesome Snaps, beautiful trip some of the locations are just EXOTIC ! WOW
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:19   #65
BANNED

Quote:
I drove to Narkanda with few office colleagues abt 2 weeks back. Hotel Hatu was booked (the web-site was showing availability as -2 :-) We stayed in a place called Mahamaya Regency.

Thanx Khaadu for your help in arranging acco and guidance. I was travelling so couldn't update you earlier, sorry.
Hey, So you did make it ... Last I heard from you was that you were not going . Anyways , hope AMit gave you some nice rooms and took gud care of you . Hes a pretty shy but helpful guy and who luvs his drink at the end of the day ... after which he wud have told you a lot of interesting stories .

And with such few ppl going , u cud have taken up on my offer and stayed in Kotgarh at my place .

Quote:
This was a on-off trip, was cancelled twice but ultimately it did happen. We went to Narkanda, Hatu peak, Thanedar. From Thanedar we were planning to go to Kotgarh, but wifey saw a magnificient view of Satluj from Thanedar and we decided to drove to the river-bed, about 25 KMs of tourtours road.

From there came back to Narkanda via Hindustan-Tibet road, so again missed Kotgarh :-(

Cheers
And which road are you terming as 'tourtours ' .... The drive from Thanedar to Bithal ( place where you meet the highway ) is an amazing fast and smooth road without any potholes or bumps . A bit of the first 5 kms is dirt ... but after that its a flat out stretch with a few BLIND TURNS

Waiting to see more pics of your trip ..... I havnt been up there since NOV so kinda homesick !!!

Cheers
Nitin
Old 2nd June 2007, 03:24   #66
BHPian

hey guys, very nice review and pictures. its really nice. never been to Himachal but the pics bought the place live. esp the ones at higher altitude
Old 24th December 2009, 19:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

I think we can lay a claim to the Highest Team BHP Meet in Ladakh, right at Khardungla Top.The HIGHEST team-bhp meet yet!!-img_1805.jpg
Old 26th December 2009, 02:54   #68
BHPian

Wow, amazing place for a meet.
Old 26th December 2009, 14:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

wow, amazing pictures of that part of india guys, Sam & Khaadu.Tempting to visit this place in future plans for sure.Khaadu expect few people visiting and might need your help in routes-places to stay in future.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:03   #70
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think we can lay a claim to the Highest Team BHP Meet in Ladakh, right at Khardungla Top
No Highest Team BHP meet was at Marisimik La at 18634 Feet .

Me and Vijay.

The HIGHEST team-bhp meet yet!!-alfa581.jpg
Old 26th December 2009, 17:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
No Highest Team BHP meet was at Marisimik La at 18634 Feet .

Me and Vijay.

Attachment 251582
Definitely you can claim to that.

I think we can claim to the Max TBHP members at the higehst point

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks