Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 18:47   #1591
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Adventure Plus is a great desti for some outdoor activities.
In fact, a while ago, i had suggested that for a day trip.
The rates are ~700 PP.
Downside: Only Veg food.

I am game for a drive. This thread does need some activity. Its been almost dead for a while now.

@Reinhard: Aare kuthe??? You seem to be worst than a comet. At least that can be seen in a fixed time frame .

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 12th July 2011 at 18:48.
Old 12th July 2011, 20:20   #1592
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Adventure Plus is a great desti for some outdoor activities.
In fact, a while ago, i had suggested that for a day trip.
The rates are ~700 PP.
Downside: Only Veg food.

I am game for a drive. This thread does need some activity. Its been almost dead for a while now.

@Reinhard: Aare kuthe??? You seem to be worst than a comet. At least that can be seen in a fixed time frame .
Arey nahi tar kay ch*ila!!!
Terrible weeks in office! working on weekends too....Looks getting better now. All the explosives defused. So will be online regularly now :P
Old 13th July 2011, 16:59   #1593
BHPian

@Swanand: Adventure plus has a good variety of adventures but when i had been there noticed one major flaw, SAFETY, they are very careless and dont even bother if you forget to wear a life jacket while going for boating or an helmet while climbing some obstacles, the staff is not well trained it seems, and worst was their All terrain Vehicle Ride (i paid 250 bucks), the bike stopped more times than it covered the ground..no maintenance
And after all this when we went for food, we found ants in sugar bowl and guess what ...a died cockroach in Bhajiyas
This was such a terrible experience for us that we literally took off immediately
I have been to "ZBAC Adventure sports" in Kolad etc and they are little more responsible in their approach
P.S this is my experience and may differ from others
What i can suggest is that there is a DAM (Bhatghar dam i guess) on way to adventure plus, it is not open to all but he will let us in if we request so, it is very serene and calm place..we went there on our way back from the trip and it was indeed a good peaceful experience
shridhar.s.i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 17:05   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
P.S this is my experience and may differ from others
What i can suggest is that there is a DAM (Bhatghar dam i guess) on way to adventure plus, it is not open to all but he will let us in if we request so, it is very serene and calm place..we went there on our way back from the trip and it was indeed a good peaceful experience
Of course shridhar; this is the kind of feedback that we want; so that we can take preventive action.

In fact I stumbled upon this place while looking at details for Bhatghar dam. I was considering making a trip there, but was not sure if access is restricted or not.

If we are not up for this, we can revisit the good old Varandha out - Tamhini return trip option
Old 13th July 2011, 18:48   #1595
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm game for the Varandha - Tamhini one, assuming its a family drive. The better half wont be amused if I say its just me to have fun. Has anyone recently been on that way? Any recon about the road status after rains could be helpful...
Old 13th July 2011, 19:07   #1596
BHPian

Adventure plus - Though they have a variety but not maintained well. Also doubt in this weather they would be fully operational.
Food is not at all good. The staff is not professinal enough. They try to bargain for the rides under the table
Old 14th July 2011, 14:23   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Folks, the Sahyadris have turned lush green, verdant and extremely inviting. Don't lose any more time, else the monsoon will be over before you know it.

I went for a day long drive yesterday to Marleshwar. Climbed down Amba ghat and came up via Kumbharli. Both were a-w-e-s-o-m-e, and so was the surrounding countryside all along the way.

Some pics at Picasa Web Albums - Vikram Kittur - Marleshwar

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 14th July 2011, 14:48   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

The typical murphy's law. I'm out for this weekend if its a drive meet. Reason is terrible. The car has received her first dent. Courtesy a terrible traffic jam in hinjewadi + foolishly placed barricade in the middle of the road and my own short temper. Damage is not too big, but she'll probably visit the Pandit auto body shop and spend 3 days in there...
Old 18th July 2011, 12:44   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Folks, the Sahyadris have turned lush green, verdant and extremely inviting. Don't lose any more time, else the monsoon will be over before you know it.

I went for a day long drive yesterday to Marleshwar. Climbed down Amba ghat and came up via Kumbharli. Both were a-w-e-s-o-m-e, and so was the surrounding countryside all along the way.

Some pics at Picasa Web Albums - Vikram Kittur - Marleshwar

Cheers,
Vikram
I don't know about Sahyadris, but considering a lot of the (Puneri) T-BHPian junta spends most of their time in this god-forsaken place called Hinjewadi , how about a meetup (say lunch?) during office hours?
Old 18th July 2011, 13:08   #1600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Tell me about it. I went on not one but two impulse drives over the weekend. Updated with pics on my ownership thread. Do check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The typical murphy's law. I'm out for this weekend if its a drive meet. Reason is terrible. The car has received her first dent. Courtesy a terrible traffic jam in hinjewadi + foolishly placed barricade in the middle of the road and my own short temper. Damage is not too big, but she'll probably visit the Pandit auto body shop and spend 3 days in there...
Ouch! Sorry to hear man. But you can always ride with one of the others- only too glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I don't know about Sahyadris, but considering a lot of the (Puneri) T-BHPian junta spends most of their time in this god-forsaken place called Hinjewadi , how about a meetup (say lunch?) during office hours?
I was thinking we should do a mid-week Mezza9 meet after work. It is quite a nice place, especially in this season. What say- Thursday work?
Old 18th July 2011, 16:19   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I was thinking we should do a mid-week Mezza9 meet after work. It is quite a nice place, especially in this season. What say- Thursday work?
Fine by me. But generally dinner's a tough option, as most junta will have be leaving their office as per their work demands. Might be tough to juggle everybody's case, unless we are planning to sit it out from 7ish to 10+!

Suggested lunch, as people can generally toggle their lunch period accordingly to have a short 1-1.5 meet.

Am fine with whichever option people choose!
Old 18th July 2011, 17:27   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Finally this thread has got some much needed action!

Noop, count me in. Dinner, Thursday sounds great.
@Ninja: We could set the time to 7:00PM roughly. That ways, people can finish their calls and then join. Lunch would be a quick affair. Unless we plan it on a Friday.

All those not working in Hinjewadi, please feel free to join us at Mezza9 (i.e if the place is finalized). If you are not aware of the place, PM anyone of us. We shall guide you there.
Old 18th July 2011, 18:10   #1603
BHPian

I am game for the thursday dinner at Mezza9.
I generally leave early around 4:30-45 PM everyday. If we have a plan then I will stay back and take calls from office.
On thursday I have calls till 8 PM, if finished early then I will join early.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th July 2011 at 18:12.
Old 18th July 2011, 18:27   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I am game for the thursday dinner at Mezza9.
I generally leave early around 4:30-45 PM everyday. If we have a plan then I will stay back and take calls from office.
On thursday I have calls till 8 PM, if finished early then I will join early.
You leave at 4:30-45 ?! What is the address I can send my resume to in your office?
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 18:33   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You leave at 4:30-45 ?! What is the address I can send my resume to in your office?
Hand it over in person at Mezza9 on thursday, what say?
My bad, I didn't convey full thing, I leave 4:30-45 PM and then logon remotely (WFH) to continue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks