Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 23:33   #1816
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Confirmed:
1. selfdrive +1
2. moralfibre
3. Sudarshan
4. Amogh
5. RemingtonSteele
6. dhaval
7. Swanand
8. Jealousdiamond
9. ninjatalli
10. Tejas

Tentative:
1. amitwlele
2. Monaro
3. noopster
Old 5th August 2011, 23:51   #1817
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Confirmed:
Hey, this goes on from 8.30 till what time?
I will need to wake up really (really ) early to make it then!
Old 6th August 2011, 01:07   #1818
Team-BHP Support

Vikram18
Amey
Karlosdevile

Coming for the meet.
Old 6th August 2011, 06:19   #1819
BANNED

The early bird ( edition 1 )

from my desk only .

feeling hungry at this hour only

Sudarshan
Old 6th August 2011, 07:04   #1820
BHPian

Have a sumptuous breakfast. I'll miss it dearly. I was looking forward to my first Tapri meet. But need to get to work in 10 minutes. I'll hopefully be able to attend the next one.
Old 6th August 2011, 07:36   #1821
Distinguished - BHPian

Confirmed:
1. selfdrive +1
2. moralfibre
3. Sudarshan
4. Amogh
5. RemingtonSteele
6. dhaval
7. Swanand
8. Jealousdiamond
9. ninjatalli
10. Tejas
11. fiat tarun
12. Sukiwa
13. Mikon
14. noopster
15.Vikram18
16. Amey
17. Karlosdevile

Tentative:
1. amitwlele
2. Monaro CV8
Old 6th August 2011, 09:42   #1822
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys, could not make it to this after confirming my being there. How'd it go ?
Old 6th August 2011, 10:19   #1823
dot
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for photographs and lots of exposition and comments.

Last edited by dot : 6th August 2011 at 10:20.
Old 6th August 2011, 11:29   #1824
BHPian

Hope you all had a sumptious Bun Maska..
Now its time for photographs..
Waiting for them eagerly.
Old 6th August 2011, 11:37   #1825
Distinguished - BHPian

Fact File:
  • First one to arrive : RemingtonSteele
  • Last one to arrive : selfdrive
  • Total count : 15+
  • Total number of omelettes consumed : Too many to count
  • Total number of maska-buns : Too many to keep count
  • Total Bill : The cafe owners probably just considered the total count & just added a few zeros and came out with the figure

An early morning wake-up, showered with yummy cheese & masala omelettes, hot piping tea & the utterly butterly delicious butter filled maska buns and a humongous & boisterous crowd of T-Bhpians (that nearly made the owner of Vohuman cafe through us out).

Probably a lot of regulars would have gone back seeing the huge crowd that had taken up abode at the cafe. But with our never-ending orders, we made sure that the cafe guys got their entire weekend sales in today's morning session itself.

Discussions ranged from car mods to P vs D, and a host of other topics.

Detailed description & more pics to follow shortly, as of now, please kindly be satisfied with this one pic
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08115.jpg  

Last edited by ninjatalli : 6th August 2011 at 11:57.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 12:45   #1826
BANNED

From my side

Early birds
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2828.jpg

some more birds in due time
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2832.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2834.jpg

the 'Bawa' ( owner ) of the Cafe

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2841.jpg

general chatting

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2842.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2846.jpg

The bhpians generation 1 & the 'Next ' -- after having a 'Look' at the dusty landy

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dscn2847.jpg

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 13:23   #1827
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely meet. The venue made it a big draw (awesome breakfast!) and we had an excellent turnout even so early on a Saturday morning.

I let home shortly before 8, having texted Swanand last night that I'd be riding with him. Slotted the Vento in S and maintained a steady 3500-4000 rpm all the way to Paud Road, a nice early morning jog for my baby. Joined Swanand and Monaro CV8 at Swanand's place, where I parked the Vento and took co-pilot seat in the Laura.

On the road, Swanand spotted a familiar red Sonata in the distance, "Is that 1self?" At the next signal, the car was two lanes to our left and I squinted through an Indica taxi to report that there was a topiwala sitting in the passenger seat, couldn't see the driver. "Swan" surmised it must be moralfibre but I 'd met Kiran at the mega meet and this wasn't him (turned out it was Vikram18). Just as we were wondering, the light changed and the modded Sonata roared, scaring a poor biker half to death. We smiled, yup- this was 1self. Spotted him soon enough and waved.

While parking near Ruby Hall, spotted Remington Steele's lovely white ANHC with the newly atached ducktail spoiler. And of course Sudarshan's legendary green Landy. While we were gazing at these, Mikon's black Vento Tdi with the killer red-lipped alloys zoomed up. We all parked and then joined the others, chatting up a storm waiting for a table in Vohuman.

There was a bunch of regulars sitting on a large table at the side, which we were eyeing. I joined moralfibre, his brother, Maulik and ninjatalli on a small table right next to that one and as soon as that was freed, the T-BHP contingent descended on the place!

Despite what ninjatalli posted, I think the old bawa was more than happy with our behaviour, keeping an indulgent eye on proceedings and telling us to join tables ("Careful! Careful!") till we had the entire gang in one place. Poor selfdrive and junior arrived much later by which time the suttebaaz crowd was out smoking gaspers, the rst of us keeping them company.

Some insane conversations, MOSTLY car-related (), 1self and throttleking leading those with me, Maulik, Monaro CV8 pitching in: the most fun was the heated discussion on Pete's boxes- good or bad? We couldn't hear what was being said at the other end of the table but from the noise level, presume they had a ball as well. Mikon had promised to meet up with someone at 10 in Aundh (across town) so I reminded him at 9.50. Classic response: "Ah well he can wait till 10.30"!

The food can never be secondary at a place like Vohuman: the cheese omlettes took their time to arrive but coupled with the melt-in-mouth bun-maska, toast-butter and sweet chai, was the crowning glory of the meet. Afterwards, we broke out in smaller groups, admiring each others' rides, selfdrive's new red-lipped alloys on the blue Jazz getting the lion's share of attention. Chatted with on the way back with moralfibre, Vikram18 and Swanand, did a detour to Kothrud via Koregaon Park (!) and reached home well after noon.

All in all, a great morning's work.

No pics from my side: I took one pic before realising I'd forgotten to load the SD card in the camera. Will wait for ninja, Mikon and Sudarshan to post the pics.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 14:10   #1828
BHPian

Yet Another Awesome Meet.
Let the pictures do the talking (though very less)
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0001.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0006.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0013.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0016.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0017.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0018.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0020.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0023.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0024.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0025.jpg  

mikon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 14:59   #1829
BHPian

We , the unfortunate people who have to work sometimes on saturdays , nice to see all you guys .

Sudarshan sir , the last time I saw you was in the full HUNTER attire , shikari shabhu types , shorts , boots and HAT .

Seeing Vikram after a long long time . I've been dying to see your cossworth for a long long time . Have seen it in pictures only .

Missed the classic sonata . 1self : if I see this car on road someday , be assured I'll stop you in the middle of the road to check out the beast .

I think , now that the crowd is building up we need to plan for a loooooooooooooooong drive , TOGETHER .

Hope to make it to the next week .
Old 6th August 2011, 15:14   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Yet Another Awesome Meet.
Let the pictures do the talking (though very less)
Dude,
Fantastic pics, especially those in the end of the cars & logos.

Btw, here are the pics I took - the initial set of individual pics were taken while we were waiting for a table & the rest of junta to join in; an old habit of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08094.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08095.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08096.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08097.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08098.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08099.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08100.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08102.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08104.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08109.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc08110.jpg