Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 19:05   #2011
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Confirmed:
1. dot
2. amitwlele
3. ninjatalli + 2/3
4. Maulik
5. Amey
6. Swanand
7. Tejas

Tentative:
1. mmyxylorider
2. Subodh (if he is town, he shall come)
3. Jealousdiamond
Old 30th September 2011, 13:05   #2012
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Confirmed:
1. dot
2. amitwlele
3. ninjatalli + 2/3
4. Maulik
5. Amey
6. Swanand
7. Tejas
8. Subodh

Tentative:
1. mmyxylorider
2. Jealousdiamond

I think so too. Lets try and find other places to go for Breakfast. Although the food at vohuman is great, the space is a big issue there not only for parking, but sitting there. Plus there is no place to hangout after breakfast is over. We need space!

Last edited by subodh : 30th September 2011 at 13:07.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:11   #2013
BHPian

Confirmed:
1. dot
2. amitwlele
3. ninjatalli + 2/3
4. Maulik
5. Amey
6. Swanand
7. Tejas
8. Subodh

Tentative:
1. Jealousdiamond

Removed myself from tentative list since my own of town plans are finalized. Enjoy your b'fast!
Old 30th September 2011, 15:28   #2014
BHPian

Hate missing this opportunity to meet you guys!!

But the only consolation is I am meeting another Bhpian from Mumbai over the weekend

Guys can we go for a quick drive next weekend??
Old 30th September 2011, 16:39   #2015
BHPian

^^ Racer we are always on for a meet. whenever you are free, just drop in a line and the plan will be made.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:59   #2016
dot
Senior - BHPian

Eight folks so far; looks like a family affair.
Old 30th September 2011, 23:06   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Hi people, am new in this city and just joined DC college for automotive design n studies. I have been active member of chandigarh team and will love getting in touch with Pune folks here. I will be getting my bike shipped here soon and wish to attend a meet once it has been finalized. Request you to kindly keep me in the loop.

Regards.
Old 1st October 2011, 00:23   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD
Hi people, am new in this city and just joined DC college for automotive design n studies. I have been active member of chandigarh team and will love getting in touch with Pune folks here. I will be getting my bike shipped here soon and wish to attend a meet once it has been finalized. Request you to kindly keep me in the loop.

Regards.
Welcome to Pune. Just follow the updates on this thread.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 00:50   #2019
BHPian

Re: Next Tapri Meet in Pune - 6th August breakfast - Cafe Vohuman

Hi guys,

Would love to meet-up, catch-up, talk cars, eat good food, etc. etc.

Re: Vahuman Cafe - methinks the place is too crowded, and will be more..specially on a sunday morning, when half the crowd and their uncles come down for a hearty omelette! (sorry Guderian, stole your line..)
The last time we had a tapri there - 6th August Saturday morning, the place was already full. The seating goes haywire (forget the fellowship of BHPians), the food orders take their own time, there's no place to wait: pre & post food, parking issues (already discussed before..)

No offense to the great food at the place though.

Can I suggest a few alternate places for a nice Sunday morning Tapri meet?

1. Law College canteen - A real Tapri, in the sense. Ample space to park on Law College road (or even inside). Menu - south indian, but very nice! Open since early morning.
2. Cafe Mocha on Law College Road - for the omelette lovers, nice variety of breakfast menu! Ample place to park on LC road. Opens at 10.30am though.
3. Aromas Cafe @ABC Farms, Koregaon Park (My favourite) - Opens early (7am), variety menu (check out the link), Ample parking...
4. Sweet Chariot Cafe @ North Main Road, Koregain Park - Have no clue about the food there. Need inputs from ya'll. And I guess we can park on North Main road too. Opens @8.30am
5. Feel free to add more..
Old 1st October 2011, 01:58   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post

Regards.
There is a lot we want to learn about DC College. Perhaps you can start a thread and tell us more!
Old 1st October 2011, 05:22   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

1. Law College canteen - A real Tapri, in the sense. Ample space to park on Law College road (or even inside). Menu - south indian, but very nice! Open since early morning.
2. Cafe Mocha on Law College Road - for the omelette lovers, nice variety of breakfast menu! Ample place to park on LC road. Opens at 10.30am though.
3. Aromas Cafe @ABC Farms, Koregaon Park (My favourite) - Opens early (7am), variety menu (check out the link), Ample parking...
4. Sweet Chariot Cafe @ North Main Road, Koregain Park - Have no clue about the food there. Need inputs from ya'll. And I guess we can park on North Main road too. Opens @8.30am
You know what we all should be planning now . We should be planning a cookout . I think we are all tired of the same taste everywhere . What we all should do is grab a BBQ grill and some gas and tawa and a lot of fruits and egg and bread and everything you can think of , drive to a nice place , like the one we went to when we drove to Lavasa . We stopped and had wada pav and all that . The diversion just before the tamihini ghat which goes directly to Lavasa .

We should all drive up to that place and cook ourselves have some fun , take some nice nimbu paani and other COLD drinks . and just relax , chit chat and come back by 12 . And for heavens sake its winter now (almost ) so it wont be that hot aswell .

@Nandu sir , Sudarshan sir , Monaro , dot , swanand , subodh : what do you guys say ???? Do you like this idea , a cookout ?
Old 1st October 2011, 09:00   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
There is a lot we want to learn about DC College. Perhaps you can start a thread and tell us more!
I sure can. It is a weeken and this is when I have some time off from college work and the projects I have taken up to gain experience out of it. Anyway, the only thing that bugs me is that I am unsure of the administation response to the thread. I don't want anyone to think that it will be for some commercial use or anything.

Regards.
Old 1st October 2011, 09:17   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
methinks the place is too crowded

Agree on these two choices, you can also add University campus canteen to the list, although we might jam up the parking. Opens up by 7 if not earlier.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st October 2011 at 09:19.
Old 1st October 2011, 10:41   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
We should all drive up to that place and cook ourselves have some fun , take some nice nimbu paani and other COLD drinks . and just relax , chit chat and come back by 12 .
@gautam,
This is what i had done while i went to torna fort trek.
I like your idea.
Its very simple, bring one or two pots, bring some items and masala, cook it at the spot, forget about taste etc.
Whatever you cook, that will be awesome at that hungry time.
Simple maggy and knorr soup will taste like heaven.
Old 1st October 2011, 11:41   #2025
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sure, no issues. I like the Law college idea. But is it too late this time? Will all the signed up folks read the change in venue? If all of agree in the next few hours, we can change the venue, otherwise lets stick to it one last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
You know what we all should be planning now . We should be planning a cookout .
I like the idea. Lets do this next time. You can plan it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Hi people, am new in this city. Request you to kindly keep me in the loop.
Welcome to Pune, Yarath. The Pune chapter is very active and great fun. Will look forward to meet you tomorrow.

Last edited by dot : 1st October 2011 at 11:42.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed