Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 20:56   #2431
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Heard they were auctioning off seats for a ride in my car..

But seriously, I'm wondering nobody's discussed bringing along family for such a wonderful drive!
I'll be accompanied with my wife and kiddo & swanand with his wife too.

@Dot - mate, I've called up a few of my friends and discussed the route conditions and possibilities.
Bad luck, the scenic roads have all gone bad..
As initially suggested by you, lets do the Kamshet-Pavna-Lonavla route.

@amitwlele @noops - you will be missed

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 18th January 2012 at 21:07.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 21:12   #2432
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Guys, as Swanand said, those who are meeting on 20th in HJW, please PM, BB, whatsapp, sms each other and fix. That has worked before and I am sure, will work again.

Regarding Pavana trip. We are still trying to get feedback regarding the stretch between Paud to Pavana. In case it turns out that the road is too much of an off-road, we will go to Kamshet via the old highway, take the left from Kamshet, then go under the E-way, around small green-houses, downtown Pavana city, climb over the barrage, skirt around the dam then Lohegarh fort and finally arrive at Lonavala.

Edit: Just saw Monaro bahu's post above. In that case we can finalize the above route. What say?

Updated list (18 JAN 2012 21:20):

1. Swanand Inamdar - Leaving blank for the time being. Shall see which car is available on the D-day
2. vkaul - Jetta
3. Monaro CV8, please update vehicle
4. nawalsingal
5.Ayedongivadam
6. dot - Civic
7. selfdrive +1. Jazz if back from service
8. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
9. Racer_x, vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
2. MX6 + 2 - Ford Ikon - Keeping an eye on the Velas festival / Olive Ridley Turtle hatching season. If that happens, then I'd be in Harihareshwar and Velas for the same.
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
4. Sudarshan + 2 with -- Irene
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
7. ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
9. Maverick79 - Manza QJT. ( Best efforts not to slip to Kalti list this time atleast )

Last edited by dot : 18th January 2012 at 21:17.
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 23:28   #2433
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That is exactly what I'd be doing when driving from Mumbai.

Will go to Kamshet via the old highway, take the right (for me) from Kamshet, then go under the E-way, around small green-houses, downtown Pavana city, climb over the barrage, skirt around the dam then Lohegarh fort and finally arrive at Lonavala enroute to home through e-way.
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 07:58   #2434
BHPian

Please add me in the TENTATIVE list.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:18   #2435
MX6
Senior - BHPian

12th Feb Pavana Dam meet.
Meeting point: TBA
Meeting time: 8:30AM (tentative)

Confirmed:
1. Swanand Inamdar - Leaving blank for the time being. Shall see which car is available on the D-day
2. vkaul - Jetta
4. nawalsingal
5. Ayedongivadam
6. dot
8. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
9. Racer_x, vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
10. Mikon - Vento

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
2. MX6 + 2 - Ford Ikon - Keeping an eye on the Velas festival / Olive Ridley Turtle hatching season. If that happens, then I'd be in Harihareshwar and Velas for the same.
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
7. ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
9. Maverick79 - Manza QJT. ( Best efforts not to slip to Kalti list this time atleast )
10. Nanduchitnis + 1 - vehicle?
Old 19th January 2012, 10:10   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

But seriously, I'm wondering nobody's discussed bringing along family for such a wonderful drive!
I'll be accompanied with my wife and kiddo & swanand with his wife too.

@Dot - mate, I've called up a few of my friends and discussed the route conditions and possibilities.
Bad luck, the scenic roads have all gone bad..
As initially suggested by you, lets do the Kamshet-Pavna-Lonavla route.

@amitwlele @noops - you will be missed

Good you guys are getting your spouses along. I think I will get "Bumblebee" and ask my wife to join as well. Atleast now I will not get screamed by my better half for driving alone mindlessly to places on weekends
Old 19th January 2012, 10:41   #2437
BHPian

Updating vehicle status and adding wifey.

Confirmed:
2. vkaul - Jetta
4. nawalsingal
5. Ayedongivadam
6. dot
9. Racer_x + 1. Honda City/BumbleBee (Swift) depending on the road conditions
10. Mikon - Vento

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
Old 19th January 2012, 10:55   #2438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Yeah guys. Please keep this list for the Pavana dam meet only!
For area wise meets, please send PM's or get in touch on mobiles! We all have each others numbers. Well, at least some of them. So lets not confuse those who want to come to Pavana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Guys, as Swanand said, those who are meeting on 20th in HJW, please PM, BB, whatsapp, sms each other and fix. That has worked before and I am sure, will work again.
Point noted local mods ninja, I will PM you and take this forward. Or whatever direction it goes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Monaro bro, I have volunteered you to remind me the day before. And yes, the auction went well too, while it lasted
Edit: still counting the moolah; will buy a Tfort scale model from the proceeds. Or maybe another Nano; we should have you attend all meets

In my case, the +1 is my son. The LoH has said she would like to go, but will be able to confirm only late on the 11th. Also undecided about the car; I would like to bring the Nano, but if we are on a highway I prefer having airbags/ ABS.
Thanks for taking the easy-on-suspension route!

Quote:
Edit: Just saw Monaro bahu's post above. In that case we can finalize the above route. What say?
Sorry dotty, cant resist. One letter in the wrong place changes somebody from a bro to a bahu!

Re edit: dotty; when it rains it pours! There is apparently a very good Gujju eatery in Lonavla. Will find out if anyone is interested in that. I dont have any preferences. As long as you are informed that I am perennially hungry and normally eat at sight when travelling.
^^

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 11:15.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 10:57   #2439
BHPian

Adding myself in the Tentative list :

Confirmed:
2. vkaul - Jetta
4. nawalsingal
5. Ayedongivadam
6. dot
10. Mikon - Vento

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
11. kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:10   #2440
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Point noted local mods

Last night I logged in to see three different lists. It was flabbergasting. Hence the request.

Any ideas on the lunch venue guys? I can suggest Kamat.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:16   #2441
BHPian

Quote:

Last night I logged in to see three different lists. It was flabbergasting. Hence the request.

Any ideas on the lunch venue guys? I can suggest Kamat.
Pure veg
Need eggs atleast!!
Old 19th January 2012, 12:42   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Point noted local mods ninja, I will PM you and take this forward. Or whatever direction it goes in.
Quote:
There is apparently a very good Gujju eatery in Lonavla.
Pure Veg ? You gotta be kidding, right? No, hell no!

About the eataries in Lonavala - Guys there dime a dozen places where we can hog. Why worry about it a lot?

My suggestion- Lets go to Tony/Sunny etc dhabas on the way back. Sunday lunch at a dhaba would be more like it, than sitting in a hotel.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 12:43   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Adding myself in the Tentative list :

Confirmed:
2. vkaul - Jetta
4. nawalsingal
5. Ayedongivadam
6. dot
10. Mikon - Vento

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
11. kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.
Guys, Sorry for the Break, off for a quick road trip to A'Bad. My vehicle update: Polo-Diesel. Good to see the meet being finalised at last . Gus from DLF: Please PM me your numbers, I may come that side in a day or two. Will try to catch up. Let the list grow.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:46   #2444
BANNED

What is the TBA meeting point ??
someone please explain --
Old 19th January 2012, 12:56   #2445
BHPian

@Sudarshan jee -- To be announced -- TBA -- meeting point

@ Selfdrive\DOT -- I am for the gujju eatery; havent seen it myself. being a gujju myself i am tempted to visit this place and what better occassion than a tbhp drive. Kamat is also a preferred joint by self and family gang.

@Swanand; ek din to ghaas pus se kaam chala lo. U get to relish non-veg leggies everyday at Hinjewadi

Last edited by kpbhatt : 19th January 2012 at 13:14. Reason: added more responses.....
kpbhatt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks