Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 13:50   #2446
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Pure veg
Need eggs atleast!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Pure Veg ? You gotta be kidding, right? No, hell no!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post

@Swanand; ek din to ghaas pus se kaam chala lo. U get to relish non-veg leggies everyday at Hinjewadi

Racer_X & Swanand: +100

Kalpesh ji: Its gotto be a veg+non-veg place. I can not digest pure veg food. I develop an allergy from veg food on such drives, outings, picnic, etc.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 19th January 2012 at 13:52.
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 13:58   #2447
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:

Pure Veg ? You gotta be kidding, right? No, hell no!

About the eataries in Lonavala - Guys there dime a dozen places where we can hog. Why worry about it a lot?

My suggestion- Lets go to Tony/Sunny etc dhabas on the way back. Sunday lunch at a dhaba would be more like it, than sitting in a hotel.
Tony/Sunny seems good provided it is decent enough for the ladies accompanying us.

Gujju food on a weekend.. Criminal waste of money!!
Old 19th January 2012, 14:10   #2448
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ Selfdrive\DOT -- I am for the gujju eatery; havent seen it myself. being a gujju myself i am tempted to visit this place and what better occassion than a tbhp drive. Kamat is also a preferred joint by self and family gang.
I'd love Kamat too! BTW, I guess it is your indigo that I photographed during the last meet I was there. Right?

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2012 at 15:31. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 19th January 2012, 14:25   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Tony/Sunny seems good provided it is decent enough for the ladies accompanying us.
Sid, though Tony and Sunny are technically dhaba's, the quality of food and overall ambience is no less than a hotel. The weekends see a lot of family junta head towards these joints for food.

So, yeah. Its safe for the ladies too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I'd love Kamat too! BTW, I guess it is your indigo that I photographed during the last meet I was there. Right?
MX, Kamat used to have lovely food. Of late, due to the E-Way, their quality has gone down on the charts.
And yes, its was Kalpesh's Indigo that you snapped, when we met at Sheetal.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 14:44   #2450
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sid, though Tony and Sunny are technically dhaba's, the quality of food and overall ambience is no less than a hotel. The weekends see a lot of family junta head towards these joints for food.

So, yeah. Its safe for the ladies too.

MX, Kamat used to have lovely food. Of late, due to the E-Way, their quality has gone down on the charts.
And yes, its was Kalpesh's Indigo that you snapped, when we met at Sheetal.
I loved the food at Tony's. And my daughter loved chasing the ducks there too.

BTW, I dug out the pics of your skoda (interiors I clicked) in the same meet Swanand. Will definitely post those here. This time I'm looking at clicking some HDRs of some of the vehicles that come to the meet. So Pawana sounds a great place!
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 14:48   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neither are the prices! Not really a deterrent, both Tony and Sunny are quite nice to put up your feet and relax. Also no reason to worry about parking. Maybe we should just take a call based on where we are when we are hungry. If we are somewhere rural, might just pop in for some nice bhakri - gaavraan chicken.
My son would prefer the hot jalebis at Tony. Not sure if there are any sweet teeth among us

Quote:
@Swanand; ek din to ghaas pus se kaam chala lo. U get to relish non-veg leggies everyday at Hinjewadi
What?! Is this in the DLF canteen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Racer_X & Swanand: +100
Kalpesh ji: Its gotto be a veg+non-veg place. I can not digest pure veg food. I develop an allergy from veg food on such drives, outings, picnic, etc.
yessir, I also remember throttleking's subtle reminders, so I take back the Gujju suggestion

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 15:17. Reason: typo
Old 19th January 2012, 15:11   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@MX6 -- it was indeed my indigo ; we met at the b'fast meet at Kothrud. Still waiting for your pics though :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Neither are the prices! Not really a deterrent, both Tony and Sunny are quite nice to put up your feet and relax. Also no reason to worry about parking.

yessir, I also remember throttleking's subtle reminders, so I take back teh Gujju suggestion
i am game for Tony or Sunnys too. I was just getting elated by hearing the name of the Gujju eatery ; will take directions for it from you nonetheless

Last edited by Zappo : 19th January 2012 at 16:40. Reason: back to back posts
Old 19th January 2012, 15:31   #2453
dot
Senior - BHPian

Lets freeze Sunny/Tony. However to eat at Sunny/Tony we have to wade through peak rush hour traffic at Lonavala with an hungary stomach.
Old 19th January 2012, 15:44   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Lets freeze Sunny/Tony. However to eat at Sunny/Tony we have to wade through peak rush hour traffic at Lonavala with an hungary stomach.
Lets take a picnic each. Not asking for trouble, just something that we can buy beforehand so that we can eat on time.
Or we have breakfast at that TBA place before we leave.

I would also like to find:
- a tree that I can climb/ sleep under/ sit under and read a book. Ok the last one, maybe some other time
- a pathway near the backwaters that we can walk around
Anything you guys want to do while we are there?

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 15:47. Reason: typo
Old 19th January 2012, 15:57   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What?! Is this in the DLF canteen?
Thats the grass thats greener in Swanand's office
Old 19th January 2012, 16:02   #2456
BHPian

Guys,

I am a complete noob when it comes to routes and stuff. Just wanted heads up on the road conditions, so that I can decide whether Honda City would be road fit (hate to hurt the underbelly ) else work horse "BumbleBee".

Is there a McDonalds enroute where we can catch breakfast from??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2012 at 16:35.
Old 19th January 2012, 16:39   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Racer_X; lets have misal pav at Katakirr on Karve road before we leave. In other words, dont ask for the big M, lets try to stay local and in tapri flavour at least in planning phase

btw, in terms of GC it would be equally bad for the Honda twins so we can take a joint call.

Oh by the by, I classify eggs as vegetarian

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 16:40.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 17:36   #2458
BHPian

Adding Guderian's name to the list.
He wanted to attend the meet proposed in January'2011.
Lets hope he makes it to the confirmed list..

BTW - where's Throttle King & Silverado?
Both are MIA (Missing in Action).

12th Feb Pavana Dam meet.

Meeting point: TBA
Meeting time: 8:30AM (tentative)

Confirmed:
1. Swanand Inamdar
2. vkaul - Jetta
3. Monaro CV8, please update vehicle - Japanese model
4. nawalsingal
5. Ayedongivadam
6. dot
7. selfdrive +1. Jazz if back from service
8. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
9. Racer_x + 1. Honda City/BumbleBee (Swift) depending on the road conditions
10. Mikon - Vento

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
2. MX6 + 2 - Ford Ikon - Keeping an eye on the Velas festival / Olive Ridley Turtle hatching season. If that happens, then I'd be in Harihareshwar and Velas for the same.
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
4. Sudarshan + 2 with -- Irene
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
7. ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
9. Maverick79 - Manza QJT. ( Best efforts not to slip to Kalti list this time atleast )
10. Nanduchitnis + 1 - vehicle?
11. kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.
12. Herr Guderian
Monaro CV8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 17:54   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Adding Guderian's name to the list.
He wanted to attend the meet proposed in January'2011.
Lets hope he makes it to the confirmed list..

BTW - where's Throttle King & Silverado?
Both are MIA (Missing in Action).
Fabulous, it would be great to meet the Admiral! Last time in the mega meet, I had the pleasant opportunity to speak with Herr Guderian. If you dont remember me, I was the quietest and most sombre guy in that dhaba!

apart from throttleking and silverado, even ajnagpur, mdsaab, ashishpallod and Tejas are MIA. I will try to find the others who are hiding by next week

Edit: Subodh, if you are interested in another car to jump into, I can bring the Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Whaat?!
Good job we sold the seats

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th January 2012 at 17:59.
Old 19th January 2012, 18:51   #2460
Senior - BHPian

12th Feb Pavana Dam meet.

Meeting point: TBA
Meeting time: 8:30AM (tentative)

Confirmed:
1. Swanand Inamdar
2. vkaul - Jetta
4. nawalsingal
5. Ayedongivadam
6. dot
7. selfdrive +1. Jazz if back from service
8. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
9. Racer_x + 1. Honda City/BumbleBee (Swift) depending on the road conditions
10. Mikon - Vento

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
2. MX6 + 2 - Ford Ikon - Keeping an eye on the Velas festival / Olive Ridley Turtle hatching season. If that happens, then I'd be in Harihareshwar and Velas for the same.
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
4. Sudarshan + 2 with -- Irene
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
7. ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
9. Maverick79 - Manza QJT. ( Best efforts not to slip to Kalti list this time atleast )
10. Nanduchitnis + 1 - vehicle?
11. kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.
12. Herr Guderian
13.F150 - Swift D

Turning out to be good event, also what better oppurtunity would I get to meet up Guderian Saheb. Adding myself to the tentative list.

Last edited by F150 : 19th January 2012 at 18:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks