Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 15:50   #2611
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Bhaiyon aur bhaiyon, let me clarify the +1 against my name that I moved to tentative is my son. My wife is most probably not joining this meet anyway.

So to rephrase the question any other kids joining the party?
@selfdrive - Would confirm once it is confirmed that i am going to join the meet. In my case as well wife anyway would not join. So the question would be about checking with my son. If that happens can we join in your Jazz?? Better to have 2 kids together.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:57   #2612
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
So to rephrase the question any other kids joining the party?
Am planning to get my 10 year old daughter - although she will hate if you call her a kid, lol...

Could someone also publish the route map... sorry I havent checked the whole thread yet, but we planning to go through Lonavla, or through Mulshi? I havent been to Pavana myself, yet, and am really looking forward to it...
Old 8th February 2012, 17:58   #2613
BHPian

Re: Families/ kids?

Quote:
Monaro, dot, Sudarshan and others as appropriate
Is this still a family meet as planned earlier? I dont see too many +1 or 2s in the list or confirmations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Same here, Dot , Swanand, Satyen please let me know if your better halfs are coming for the meet.
Will let you guys know by tomorrow.

Apart from the Kids, how many LoH's are attending this meet?
Old 8th February 2012, 18:16   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Am planning to get my 10 year old daughter - although she will hate if you call her a kid, lol...

Could someone also publish the route map... sorry I havent checked the whole thread yet, but we planning to go through Lonavla, or through Mulshi? I havent been to Pavana myself, yet, and am really looking forward to it...
Plan is to start from Chandni chowk, joining ins from Sadanand corner & final assembly point at Talegaon Toll Naka before proceeding to Pawna Dam. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-untitled.jpg  

Old 8th February 2012, 18:20   #2615
BHPian

Quote:

siddhesh, and all, we will be taking a Kamshet route, remember we need to regroup after toll naka on Lonvala highway. On the way back we can take the Mulshi route if we decide not to stop at Big Wheels or Sunny for lunch. Following is the route map :
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-pavana-dam.jpg  

throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 18:37   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
siddhesh, and all, we will be taking a Kamshet route, remember we need to regroup after toll naka on Lonvala highway. On the way back we can take the Mulshi route if we decide not to stop at Big Wheels or Sunny for lunch. Following is the route map :
Hey TK,
The Mulshi Roads are bad, thats why we chose the old NH4 way in the 1st place.

(Not that they are bad for our Trucks , but for the general cars, it is..)
Old 8th February 2012, 19:14   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hey TK,
The Mulshi Roads are bad, thats why we chose the old NH4 way in the 1st place.

(Not that they are bad for our Trucks , but for the general cars, it is..)
Yes, but if someone can confirm that the roads are not very bad, a different route on the would be a lot of fun!

I havent been to these meets earlier, so am really excited..

Do we all go in a nice long convoy? Hope it's that way, not every one to himself or herself except at the touch base points
Old 8th February 2012, 20:44   #2618
BHPian

The route should be:

Chandani Chowk> Mulshi road drive some 10 kms turn right to Pawana dam road. This is a scenic road. Then continue and exit to NH4.
Old 8th February 2012, 22:03   #2619
dot
Senior - BHPian

Guys, we have found out that the road from Mulshi side to Pavna is pretty dug up. So we will go via this route, given in black below.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-map.png

Old NH4 - Kamshet- Pavna - Lonavala- back on old NH4 to Sunny/Tony - Pune

Folks from Mumbai, where will you be meeting us?
Old 8th February 2012, 22:16   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do we all go in a nice long convoy?
Yes, I hope so too. I am hopeless with directions/roads/addresses. I will require a full time navigator with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Guys, we have found out that the road from Mulshi side to Pavna is pretty dug up. So we will go via this route, given in black below.
One question: What about the other way round, i.e. from the backend; Paud->Kolvan->Tikonapeth? Or are these roads much worse than the route we have planned?
Old 8th February 2012, 22:19   #2621
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

One question: What about the other way round, i.e. from the backend; Paud->Kolvan->Tikonapeth? Or are these roads much worse than the route we have planned?
I have no idea of this route. LOL.
BTW, when we said Mulshi side road, did we mean this route?

Last edited by dot : 8th February 2012 at 22:20.
Old 8th February 2012, 22:33   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I have no idea of this route. LOL.
BTW, when we said Mulshi side road, did we mean this route?
One thing is sure, I am NOT leading the convoy Never been to Pavana, this way or that.

This is what Google suggested, which I assumed was the "usual" route to Pavana:

Name:  map.png
Views: 4432
Size:  173.3 KB

I am game for any road, and in some sense, the less we are on a highway, the more fun it should be...
Old 8th February 2012, 22:41   #2623
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what Google suggested, which I assumed was the "usual" route to Pavana:
HAHAHA.

This is the route which is pretty much broken up as we understand.
Old 8th February 2012, 22:42   #2624
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Yes, I hope so too. I am hopeless with directions/roads/addresses.
For you, the advice is my signature.

And if people decide to take Dot's route, I'd join you guys at Kamshet and proceed to lonavla through pawna and then return to Mumbai from lonavla.

Else I'd meet either at Lonavla (skipping pawna altogether) or at pawna, based on what transpires on Sunday.

As of now my plan is stil tentative.
Old 9th February 2012, 07:46   #2625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@selfdrive - Would confirm once it is confirmed that i am going to join the meet. In my case as well wife anyway would not join. So the question would be about checking with my son. If that happens can we join in your Jazz?? Better to have 2 kids together.
Considering the GC limitations, I dont think the Jazz would be such a good idea. I am considering getting the Nano instead.
However I am a bit apprehensive as it does not have airbags/ ABS. So contemplating if I should put my son and his car seat in the front.
Of course if you both are also in the Nano, then the kids could be in the back.

Like you though, it seems I will be able to only decide on Sunday morning. Lets talk, check your PM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks