Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 11:57   #2836
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Will have to skip the coming meet on 25th - if it's happening. Will be travelling to Mumbai on this weekend.

Have a rocking time guys. See you next time.
Old 21st February 2012, 12:22   #2837
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Guys,

Blind Man Car Rally thread is up on the forum. So any BHPians joining in the charitable cause. Good opportunity for all of us to meet up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...4th-march.html
Old 25th February 2012, 10:45   #2838
BHPian

Is the meet happening today? Just saw the updates on the thread and I am confused :(

If the meet is happening, is it at the Grand hotel, pune? and at what time?
Old 25th February 2012, 19:20   #2839
BHPian

Looks like everyone is conserving energies for the Rajmachi meet
Old 25th February 2012, 20:22   #2840
BHPian

The next meet is Rajmachi, nothing else.
A new thread exists.

Last edited by noopster : 5th March 2012 at 18:45. Reason: Please avoid typing in ALL-CAPS, it is considered impolite
Old 6th March 2012, 19:22   #2841
BHPian

Guys a few days left for the event.

What are the travel and eat plans?

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 6th March 2012 at 19:36.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:00   #2842
BHPian

Nandu, the Rajmachi thread is starting to see some plans. Throttleking is coordinating...

I will pick you up from your residence, whatever the rest of the plans are
Old 9th March 2012, 11:14   #2843
BHPian

Guys, I wont be able to make it for this meet .. :( I have been grounded by my doctor because of a severe pain in my neck.

Will try and make it for the next meet.
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:59   #2844
BHPian

Well- THinking of a different meet type this time. (Hello Pune-bhp! Me-all the way from Bangalore-bhp )
<Actually this "germ"-aka- keeda sprung in me- after looking at the paragliding pics in the Mods meet>
PARAGLIDING!
Templepilots

Looking at the credentials on the site and some feedbacks from my mates in Pune- I am all ready and set to take the plunge ( literally! )

P1 certification is the way to begin this beautiful sport/interest/hobby ( pick your own word )
I am already planning this coming month end ( 3rd or 4th Week of April ).

If any more like minded bhpians willing to make it - we can all do it together!

Course fees - 9800/- for 3 days program
with accomodation+meals -12500/- for 3 days.

So- Do we have enough adrenaline in Pune to start a list of people who would be there or willing to be there?

We can work on the dates. The season is ON till another month ( is what I hear ).

Thanks,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 23rd March 2012 at 17:02.
Old 28th March 2012, 17:25   #2845
BHPian

Guys its been long since we have had a Tapri meet!! Let us plan something in April. Suggestions are welcome as usual.
Old 28th March 2012, 17:50   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Guys its been long since we have had a Tapri meet!! Let us plan something in April. Suggestions are welcome as usual.
Put out some dates, let's see which date most are comfortable with & pour in your suggestions about probable place. May I suggest 15th or 22nd April as probable dates & varandha Ghat as the place. Details about this place in the following post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mini-pune.html.
Also here: Ghat Section - Varandha Ghat
We can omit the part after Varandha ghat & return from there. I recently visited that place while returning from Dapoli & quite enjoyed the views (Though not as good as these would be in Monsoons,but still, some spots are quite beautiful & drive through long winding ghat section is a "bliss".
The road is good except a couple of bad patches(couple of KMs in total).
Any other suggestions Punekars?
Old 28th March 2012, 22:47   #2847
BHPian

Varanda Ghat works for me, but it's a pretty long drive from Pune to get to the interesting part... and there's not much in terms of food. Also, if we have a largish convoy, there might not be too many options for parking/photo opps on the narrow roads.

One option I can think of is Lavasa. Its a good drive, relatively short one, allwoing plenty of photo opps, and lot of places to explore/eat at.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:55   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Varanda Ghat works for me, but it's a pretty long drive from Pune to get to the interesting part... and there's not much in terms of food. Also, if we have a largish convoy, there might not be too many options for parking/photo opps on the narrow roads.

One option I can think of is Lavasa. Its a good drive, relatively short one, allwoing plenty of photo opps, and lot of places to explore/eat at.
Though Lavasa is a good option and I am ok with it, lot of guys here are reluctant as we have been to this place a lot of times.

Does a one day trip to Mahableshwar work??
Old 29th March 2012, 15:51   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Does a one day trip to Mahableshwar work??
I am pretty much OK with anything... but I think we need to figure out the intention - a long drive, photo ops, meet and eat, any or all of the above

What about other Puneite TBHPians? Any suggestions/comments?

While we are on the topic... just throwing around some ideas for future outings (if you are interested, PM me or reply here - will encourage us to start some planning)
Malshej/Bhandardhara - 1-2 day trip
Lonar - 3 day trip
Bhuleshwar - 1/2 day trip
Goa - 4 day trip :P
Konkan - 2-3 day trip

Most of these would be really fun if done in the monsoons...
Old 29th March 2012, 16:26   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
I am pretty much OK with anything... but I think we need to figure out the intention - a long drive, photo ops, meet and eat, any or all of the above

What about other Puneite TBHPians? Any suggestions/comments?

While we are on the topic... just throwing around some ideas for future outings (if you are interested, PM me or reply here - will encourage us to start some planning)
Malshej/Bhandardhara - 1-2 day trip
Lonar - 3 day trip
Bhuleshwar - 1/2 day trip
Goa - 4 day trip :P
Konkan - 2-3 day trip

Most of these would be really fun if done in the monsoons...
Sounds interesting!! Awesome locations!! You are correct these locations would be fun to visit in Monsoon. I am in for all these places

As far as the one day meet is considered we could plan dinner meet at one of these places which have good parking space (guys pl. add more to the list)

1) Garden Court
2) Hotel Grand
3) Tony/Sunny

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks