Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 19:09   #3541
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet - Breakfast Meet & Drive: Sunday 30th Nov 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
If the venue is Vohuman, I am in. Looks like we are finally meeting.
See you all tomorrow. This would be my First Meet too.
Keeping in mind the Parking availability, no Car. It would be the RE350CI.
Old 14th September 2014, 10:09   #3542
BHPian

Damn! Had I known about this earlier (or taken the time to read the updates actually), I would've left Pune sometime later this week. :(
Old 14th September 2014, 13:26   #3543
BHPian

Had a great time meeting you guys. Though we met at Vohuman, but sizeable crowd and inadequate space (or longer waiting period) forced us to have breakfast at a nearby restaurant which was good. Get we get some pictures please, as I left early and took no pics from mobile. Let's now plan a drive as discussed.
Old 14th September 2014, 21:33   #3544
BHPian

It was awesome fun meeting and spending time with like minded people. Also discovered a new place to have more than decent breakfast, because we had to shift away from Vohuman due to long waiting.

We had a fun filled discussion over breakfast and then an extended photoshoot courtesy yogesa sir and his canon (or was it a nikon?!?). And kudos to Sukiwa sir for going through sudeep.pandya and my ICE set up and for giving in his inputs.

After the breakfast four of us thats ricci, //M, sudeep.pandya and me went ahead for the drive to Lavasa. Ricci on his super sexy Triumph Dytona 675 (Damn! What a beauty!), //M on his big daddy RE Desert Storm, sudeep.pandya and me in his i20!
We had a tough time catching up with the bikers! They had to stop and wait(much to their frustration I am sure! But they didnt cringe even once! Thanks guys!) for us to catch up inspite of me and sudeep bhai ripping that 1.4 diesel!

Lunch on our way back was some chicken sukha and maharashtrian style chicken curry with jawari bhakri!

All in all perfect day! And god that Daytona!
Pics coming up tomorrow!

Last edited by 599gto : 14th September 2014 at 21:41.
Old 14th September 2014, 21:58   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
Had a great time meeting you guys. Though we met at Vohuman, but sizeable crowd and inadequate space (or longer waiting period) forced us to have breakfast at a nearby restaurant which was good. Get we get some pictures please, as I left early and took no pics from mobile. Let's now plan a drive as discussed.
Due to Space constraints we moved to Madhuban Restaurant at DP Road, Off Boat Club Road.
We all had a great time connecting and chatting about wheels and engines, and also took pictures. Then a few of the Members went for an impromptu ride to Lavassa.
Will post the Pictures, shortly.
Old 14th September 2014, 22:45   #3546
BHPian

Pictures:

Breakfast and Coffee at Madhuban Restaurant
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6848.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6845.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6843.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6846.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6849.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6851.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6860.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6861.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6863.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6897.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6899.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6878.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6885.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6886.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6891.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6867.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_6865.jpg  

Old 15th September 2014, 10:55   #3547
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow great pics yogesa !! Doc looks really handsome on his Enfield.

It was great meeting you all. Me and 599gto have a few pics of the Lavasa drive/ride, will upload it by tonight. My Enfield wasn't in its pink of its health and some mechanical issue with the bike forced us to return back from Lavasa without taking a spin around the lake and promenade. Sincere apologies guys, but we will do another ride to Lavasa some other weekend for sure.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:59   #3548
Senior - BHPian

Was a great peaceful chilled out Sunday morning meet yesterday. Fantastic meeting up with old friends and new. Got to see Ricci's new "plastic toy" as well, so double da fun! Ricci seriously man, my toy is louder than yours!!! LOL Kidding obviously guys. Super sexy she is. Can just imagine her howl at top whack. Would be sheer orgasmic stuff.

Icing on the cake, "Chacha" Rossi showed the young punk a thing or two about riding yesterday in Misano. Oldies 1 Young Punks 0 !!!!

Also managed to fit in checking out a couple of bikes I have shortlisted to replace my Baby Duke.

All in all a highly satisfactory day. We should definitely have these more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Doc looks really handsome on his Enfield.
Lol thanks bro. Though its Doppie more than Doc.

Quote:
My Enfield wasn't in its pink of its health and some mechanical issue with the bike forced us to return back from Lavasa without taking a spin around the lake and promenade. Sincere apologies guys, but we will do another ride to Lavasa some other weekend for sure.
What happened? You have my numbers. Give me a call on my office landline if you need help. We can show your bike to my guy if you can make it all the way here.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th September 2014 at 12:01.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:42   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
Wow great pics yogesa !! Doc looks really handsome on his Enfield.

Thank you all ! It was a heart warming Meet of the Pune members, and we have to take this forward, with whatever number we have.

Doc and the Bull seems to have drawn from each other's Character, and "they" sort of blend in the picture. Reminds me of the Jim Morrisson types. and thats "Doppie" in a Cooler way, Doc @ebonho. RESPECT. Time to bring on the Goa RE Mania!!

@RiCCI and the Daytona were the show stoppers! Drool stuff. The way the kid came to Ricci and the Daytona at the end, and posed for pictures, was heart rending, though in a positive way. Next Gen of Motor Heads are Promising.

@599gto blew our heads with his Sound modded POLO, especially that of @sukiwa (was it?)

@Vaibhav.amlekar, please get your YZDi next time. You looked out of place on that Activa.

Ciao!
Old 15th September 2014, 13:10   #3550
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
What happened? You have my numbers. Give me a call on my office landline if you need help. We can show your bike to my guy if you can make it all the way here.
After entering the main Lavasa gateway, 599gto pointed out that there was a little white smoke coming out near the engine and exhaust pipe. So we waited and inspected. Assumed it to be due to low oil levels. Immediately called up Alex using your reference. He assured nothing's wrong, only that the oil levels might be an issue since the bike had been lying idle for over 2 months. So I just topped up a litre of oil as a temporary measure and soon the white smoke reduced to a great extent, almost negligible.

I have fixed an appointment with Alex this friday and till then the bike lies parked in the garage. I will let you know the results post-servicing.

Thanks for sharing his contact details !
Old 15th September 2014, 13:44   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After entering the main Lavasa gateway, 599gto pointed out that there was a little white smoke coming out near the engine and exhaust pipe. So we waited and inspected. Assumed it to be due to low oil levels. Immediately called up Alex using your reference. He assured nothing's wrong, only that the oil levels might be an issue since the bike had been lying idle for over 2 months. So I just topped up a litre of oil as a temporary measure and soon the white smoke reduced to a great extent, almost negligible.

I have fixed an appointment with Alex this friday and till then the bike lies parked in the garage. I will let you know the results post-servicing.

Thanks for sharing his contact details !
I could be wrong, but this has nothing to do with "oil levels" - wet sumping, that is usually seen in the old CI standards (courtesy the eventually worn out quill bolt in the bottom end). That white smoke (like the fumigation for macchars on our roads ) happens only at startup (after the prolonged break) accompanied by vomiting out of oil through the breather. Once the engine has warme up and everything has been smoked or vomited out, everything is back to (smoke free) normal. If (as in your case) the smoke continues it does unfortunately point to the rings which are gone and letting oil through to the combustion chamber. The solution is not to fill more oil - if fact too much oil will cause even more smoking (and vomiting on to your rear rim - if you have a duck billed breather). The solution is to lift the head, check the rings, and clearances being within spec, replace the rings.

P.S. Thanks for the colorful and kind words Yogesa. Jim always was and will continue to be a favorite. Just the other day was listening to him in the Storme on the way back from work.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th September 2014 at 13:47.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:03   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Darn...I missed this meet.On Sunday,I was getting bored,alone at home (wifey away for Onam) was itching for a ride but couldn't get my lazy bum out of the house .I could have come for what would have been my first Pune TBhp meet. Nevertheless excellent set of pics.Looking forward for such meets+ride in the coming days
Old 15th September 2014, 15:44   #3553
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I could be wrong, but this has nothing to do with "oil levels" - wet sumping, that is usually seen in the old CI standards (courtesy the eventually worn out quill bolt in the bottom end). That white smoke (like the fumigation for macchars on our roads ) happens only at startup (after the prolonged break) accompanied by vomiting out of oil through the breather. Once the engine has warme up and everything has been smoked or vomited out, everything is back to (smoke free) normal. If (as in your case) the smoke continues it does unfortunately point to the rings which are gone and letting oil through to the combustion chamber. The solution is not to fill more oil - if fact too much oil will cause even more smoking (and vomiting on to your rear rim - if you have a duck billed breather). The solution is to lift the head, check the rings, and clearances being within spec, replace the rings.
The smoke was there when we reached Lavasa, so the engine was already warm and there was no oil coming out too. Nevertheless, I will get the rings inspected thoroughly on friday and will get them replaced if needed.

Thanks for pointing it out, Doc !
Old 15th September 2014, 18:56   #3554
BHPian

Waiting for the drive/ride plans to emerge now.. (which may have been decided)
Old 15th September 2014, 20:19   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Thanks for the pics yogesa. 👍
The meet was awesome,
It was fun meeting fellow bhpians.
Waiting for the next meet

Most Viewed