Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 14:24   #1351
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

That looks like a nice spot . How would it be in June with hardly any rains around . Whats you say Abhijit ? Also as mentioned by Ajay how's the food availability in and around ?
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 14:41   #1352
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Ajay & Pankaj, the road is pretty all right. Our cars can make it.
As far as food is concerned, we would need to come back to Kondhwa for a decent place. I dont think Bapdeo ghat has many decent joints for food. Dot, am I right?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 17:08   #1353
dot
Senior - BHPian

@Ajay, JD and Swanand,
The roads are very good as Swanand point out. And it is about 15 mins drive from Kondhwa.
However there is nothing to eat/drink (tea) around there, it would serve primarily as a "breathe easy" and photo shoot area. We need to find a eating place around Kondhwa.

Last edited by dot : 12th May 2011 at 17:09.
Old 12th May 2011, 19:05   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@Ajay, JD and Swanand,
The roads are very good as Swanand point out. And it is about 15 mins drive from Kondhwa.
However there is nothing to eat/drink (tea) around there, it would serve primarily as a "breathe easy" and photo shoot area. We need to find a eating place around Kondhwa.
On second thoughts this would be more apt for a photoshoot meet rather than a team meet . For a team meet this would be too short a drive IMHO . I get a feeling with the summers around we are running short of places in and around Pune

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 12th May 2011 at 19:07.
Old 13th May 2011, 10:48   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
@dot: How is the road? Hope soft suspension or less GC vehicles can make it without hitting the ground. What about food on the way or nearby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ajay & Pankaj, the road is pretty all right. Our cars can make it.
As far as food is concerned, we would need to come back to Kondhwa for a decent place. I dont think Bapdeo ghat has many decent joints for food. Dot, am I right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
On second thoughts this would be more apt for a photoshoot meet rather than a team meet . For a team meet this would be too short a drive IMHO .
All you are talking about is Bopdev ghat which is my regular route while i come to pune from 12mati.

The ghat section is single way and road surface is not so good but manageable.
The ghat is very steep but my Alto manages it easily at 2nd and 1st gear.

There is Hotel Gaarvaa right at the foot of the ghat and it is last point of pune city.
The hotel is good as far as food and other items are concerned.

There are small eateries in front of the college which is located just before the ghat.
Though the eateries are basic as far as facilities are concerned, the food is fresh and amazing.
I always stop at that place to have the bite of tasty fresh paneer rolls.

For photo-shoot, there is ample space near Hotel Gaarvaa, the location is some what at height.

If we come at the top of ghat, there are two beautiful temples and one can get panoramic view of pune city.

As far as meet is concerned, i suggest, photo-shoot in the evening golden hours and dinner at hotel gaarvaa.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th May 2011 at 10:51.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 12:00   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
As far as meet is concerned, i suggest, photo-shoot in the evening golden hours and dinner at hotel gaarvaa.
+1 to that; sounds a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
For a team meet this would be too short a drive IMHO . I get a feeling with the summers around we are running short of places in and around Pune
How about Neelkanteshwar; it isnt that far away and could be done in a half day.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:40   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
+1 to that; sounds a great idea

How about Neelkanteshwar; it isnt that far away and could be done in a half day.

Bala (if I may call you that), how far is Neelkanteshwar and what route do you take to go there? Any decent options to eat?
Old 13th May 2011, 13:14   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala (if I may call you that), how far is Neelkanteshwar and what route do you take to go there? Any decent options to eat?
I mentioned this option based on pjbiju's thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nexplored.html

I am unaware of any options to eat there; but we can always take some food there.

Feel free to call me Bala or Baloo, as my friends do. I wont share my college nick here and you cannot use it when family is around
Old 14th May 2011, 16:19   #1359
Senior - BHPian

While next drive meet/photoshoot meet gets planned, let me upload few photos from last saturday's photoshoot meet.

Photo clicked before sunset
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_2343-large.jpg

Different angle

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_2355-large.jpg

Front (angled) shot

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_2388-large.jpg

Interior shot showing headrest mounted screens (Pardon for stuffed items, this shot was taken in a hurry)

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-img_2408-large.jpg
Old 15th May 2011, 16:58   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh....my....god....I was away from TBHP for a month or so due to ambush at office and it has been so much happening! I don't remember what was the page on which I commented last!! Its nearing 100 pages already!

So nice to see that you people have already been to places, clicked amazing snaps and had a good time...

Glad to be back at last...Active again. Hopefully uninterrupted now!!
Old 15th May 2011, 22:44   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Oh....my....god....I was away from TBHP for a month or so due to ambush at office and it has been so much happening! I don't remember what was the page on which I commented last!! Its nearing 100 pages already!

So nice to see that you people have already been to places, clicked amazing snaps and had a good time...

Glad to be back at last...Active again. Hopefully uninterrupted now!!
Welcome back Reinhard. So how was Goa? Any TLs coming our way?
Old 16th May 2011, 11:43   #1362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Welcome back Reinhard. So how was Goa? Any TLs coming our way?
Thanks Amit. Yeah the trip was awesome (including all the roads). TL will be out shortly. Though since the "kundali" doesn't let me be 100% happy, some crook presented my babe (the 4 wheeled one) with a scar! A large 10 inch long and deep scratch on the rear bumper. As always, in the parking lot, when I wasn't there. Its a damage not curable with rubbing compound. I'm now going to cover it up with another TBHP sticker, right besides the existing LTD one. BTW, saw you last week on highway. Tried to honk and flash, but you turned left at Wakad flyover while I take the straight route from MyCar showroom.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th May 2011 at 11:50.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:52   #1363
Senior - BHPian

@Reinhard: Good to see you back in action. Man, I was about to post an ad "Aapan hyanna pahilat ka" or something similar . Sorry about that scar, burns your heart doesnt it?

@Sukiwa: Lovely pics. Is that Pankaj's Safari? Were your there for the H'Wadi shoot too?
Old 16th May 2011, 12:35   #1364
dot
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just back from Goa trip. Terrific roads to and fro. But faced buckets of rain yesterday and enormous traffic near the tolls, all of them. My car is the filthiest in town today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

The hotel is good as far as food and other items are concerned.
This is a very good idea. I have only one question; will it be possible for folks to come in the evening. You know, family commitments are highest during that time.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:44   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Sukiwa: Lovely pics. Is that Pankaj's Safari? Were your there for the H'Wadi shoot too?
Yes, I was driving the santro that Anvay has mentioned earlier. I had taken some pics with my on-camera flash, have posted few that may look okay.
I also have some photos about setup used by Anvay, will post those after checking with him.

Off Topic: Saw your Laura on sat. night while leaving eating joint at 10 pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
For nearly half hour We i.e. the Santro and the Safari were just doing some odd circles to get a shot.

Most Viewed