Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 11:16   #1396
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
26June is too far off. Lets meet on 27May'11 after work? Preferred options with sufficient parking space:

1) Hotel Grand - M.G. Road.
2) Big Wheels Cafe - Bawdhan
3) Any restaurant on Mulshi road?

Anyone game?
I agree. We can keep the 26th June wala plan still on.
Looking at the 1st option, I am so tempted to make this work.
I am so in for the 27th evening. My vote goes to Grand for one reason only. You all know that .
Old 24th May 2011, 11:17   #1397
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

I am in for 27th May. I am not aware of the 2 places you've mentioned here. I know the MotoCafe at Bavdhan and there is lot of place to park around.

How about a place called 'Khana Peena Jeena' ? This place is around 1-2 Kms from the Chandani Chowk towards NDA. The place is completely secluded and we can park like 30 cars at a time at this place. The food is good enough, if not the best.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:28   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
26June is too far off. Lets meet on 27 May'11 after work?
How do you define after work? I finish at 6pm and can be at Hotel Grand at 630, I think thats a tad too early?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am in for 27th May. I am not aware of the 2 places you've mentioned here. I know the MotoCafe at Bavdhan and there is lot of place to park around.
How about a place called 'Khana Peena Jeena' ? This place is around 1-2 Kms from the Chandani Chowk towards NDA. The place is completely secluded and we can park like 30 cars at a time at this place. The food is good enough, if not the best.
Bavdhan ok for me too; it may be more convenient for the guys from Hinjewadi.
ajay, the khana peena part is ok; but I found the service to be pathetic to say the least.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:28   #1399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How do you define after work? I finish at 6pm and can be at Hotel Grand at 630, I think thats a tad too early?!
Not at all. I start at 7 and finish at 4 pm. Can still make it. Lets choose around Chandni Chowk / Kothrud / Bawdhan for the benefit of people from West.

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th May 2011 at 11:31.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:41   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Cannot make it on 27th. Would be celebrating (or would be in mourning) the day i got bound in chains (read anniversary)

Jokes apart can try to make it in case the date gets shifted.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:45   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Jokes apart can try to make it in case the date gets shifted.

which date?
meetwala or anniversary wala?

just kidding.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th May 2011 at 12:01.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:02   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not at all. I start at 7 and finish at 4 pm. Can still make it. Lets choose around Chandni Chowk / Kothrud / Bawdhan for the benefit of people from West.
Now that sounds promising, count me in if it would be so!
Old 24th May 2011, 12:06   #1403
Team-BHP Support

Ok since majority of the crowd wants Bavdhan / Kothrud, lets meet around there. Suggest places please? Khaana Peena Jeena and Motocafe are two that we have so far. Please note parking is of prime importance.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:09   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Ok lets plan for this meet first! please add your choice of location:
When: 27 May evening (7pm?)
Where: Moto cafe Bavdhan/ Chandni Chowk/ any other in the area

ASHISH saaheb: are you in Pune on 27th and can you make it?
amit; can you make it for some time dependent on your plans? Do ensure your safety before you decide!

Confirmed:
moralfibre
ajay_satpute
Swanand Inamdar (we can go from here to Hotel Grand later for your specific reason if you wish!)
selfdrive
anilisanil

Tentative:

Last edited by selfdrive : 24th May 2011 at 12:11.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:15   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
are you in Pune on 27th and can you make it?
Arey bhai,
yesterday evening i came back from pune,
i will not be in pune on 27th surely.

Enjoy the khaana and peena.

Btw, logically hotel name should be Peena khanaa Jeena rather than khaana Peena Jeena.

edit:
just saw that vikram18 is confirmed for 27th meet.
its going to be dhamaal.
guys, don't miss it.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th May 2011 at 12:23.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:20   #1406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Confirmed:
moralfibre
ajay_satpute
Swanand Inamdar (we can go from here to Hotel Grand later for your specific reason if you wish!)
selfdrive
anilisanil
vikram18
Amey

Tentative:
Added two more to the confirmed list. Lets keep the venue as Motocafe for now. We can choose a dinner place later. 7 pm sounds perfect.

Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 12:24   #1407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok since majority of the crowd wants Bavdhan / Kothrud, lets meet around there. Suggest places please? Khaana Peena Jeena and Motocafe are two that we have so far. Please note parking is of prime importance.
If Bavdhan / CC is the chosen place, then Oasis / Bohemian also work. Plenty of parking. Good food. (Bohemian is great. Slightly on the expensive side though).
Moto cafe would also be a great option, only problem being, we would need to meet for coffee. Dinner ka kya?

Quote:
If we finalise Motocafe, (which i have no issues with at all), then after that we could head towards Grand, to take care of the needs

EDIT: If we take into consideration people from Kalyaninagar/Vishrantwadi, then Bavdhan / CC would be problematic. Any other place? Aundh / Baner?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 24th May 2011 at 12:29. Reason: Adding details
Old 24th May 2011, 12:27   #1408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
If Bavdhan / CC is the chosen place, then Oasis / Bohemian also work. Plenty of parking. Good food. (Bohemian is great. Slightly on the expensive side though).
Moto cafe would also be a great option, only problem being, we would need to meet for coffee. Dinner ka kya?
Like I said, lets get together at 7 pm chat and spend time. Head out to any dinner place that is mutually decided at Motocafe. Many would want to head home for dinner so we can give them a fair chance to meet up as well. What say?
Old 24th May 2011, 12:29   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

If we finalise Motocafe, (which i have no issues with at all), then after that we could head towards Grand, to take care of the needs
I agree KPJ is good ONLY for parking, food is average, service OK but the plates that they serve are generally half washed, avoid strictly if you are cleanliness freak!

Klub Oasis or Bohemain is a good choice!! There are quite a few restros in that area w/o a problem for parking! But being a weekend we will have huge waiting periods so it would be a good idea to book in advance!
Old 24th May 2011, 12:31   #1410
BHPian

moralfibre
ajay_satpute
selfdrive
anilisanil
vikram18
Amey
Amogh

Place and time sound good !! I can reach directly from my office

Edit : I had not read the previous posts. If we are meeting at Moto Cafe parking is not at all a constraint. We can either park on the road or in the parking of Aditya Shagun Mall.

I agree with mf's plan : let's meet at moto cafe first and then decide the subsequent plan.

@Vikram - :lol - I think I should get the Ritz

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 24th May 2011 at 12:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks