Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 17:00   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Quote:
avoid 8:00-10:00 AM in the morning and 5:00-8:30 PM in the evening
Mornings are not much of a problem. The traffic flows as there are no problem with gate blocking the traffic towards MCity.

Evening after 6 is a nightmare(eveningmare anyone??). After 9 the traffic eases a bit.

Just take the train till the vandalur flyover is complete. This will save you close to two hours of you daily commuting time.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:04   #152
BHPian

When I do a long drive from Kanyakumari to chennai, It takes 8hrs to reach vandalur and another 1.5 hrs to reach Perungalathur :(. It gives me headache to cross that sector.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:23   #153
Senior - BHPian

More has been said already, do take the train, I used to work in MM nagar first it was a nightmare.
Now things are fine as I no longer have to take that route. Dont think driving down would be advisable.
Best is take a train, arrange for an auto-wallah who will take you to office on a agreed monthly charge(if possible). Just dont try the road, its really horrible.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:26   #154
Senior - BHPian

^^ +1
Take a first class pass in the train, you will have at least decent standing space! But you will reach your destination in double quick time.
Old 8th March 2011, 17:20   #155

i stay in MM nagar,i never dare to go towards tambaram on working days..main bottleneck are gudvenchery,vandalur and perangalatur..
another reason of jam on these areas are not following same line of move.i seen on GST people never respect linear flow(one cause is fast track taxis)wherever they find space they will rush.
You people might have noticed nowadays from perangalatur to chengalpet lot of trucks carrying mainly sand,pile of stones which will be running out of control leading lot of mishaps.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:39   #156
BHPian

I had to travel to MCity today and took the GST from Pallavaram at 7:30 AM. There was traffic but it was flowing. But the way the Sand lorries drive (TATA 1210 SE) you feel the company and College bus drivers on OMR are much better. There was one guy who over-took me doing 90 kmph honking and late braking his way into thick traffic
Old 15th March 2011, 22:26   #157
BHPian

I went to MCity from Pallavaram last week in my car. There was no major traffic towards MCity in the morning. (I checked it at different morning time). it takes 1hr15mins to reach office.

While returning traffic is heavy till 9:00PM and after that the its all moving traffic. so it takes around the same time as what it take in the morning.

It was sad to note that there were 6 major accidents (causalities) last week in that stretch and it includes one of my own company employee .

Though its a flowing traffic, the way vehicles use the road was insane. i can see car, buses, lorries all over the road with people jumping in at all junctions.

As suggested by Mr.Ganesh, i have taken monthly pass (1st Class) ticket and started going in train from this week. Thought the end to end time take is more than what it takes in Car, i feel more safer in this transport.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:49   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
As suggested by Mr.Ganesh, i have taken monthly pass (1st Class) ticket and started going in train from this week. Thought the end to end time take is more than what it takes in Car, i feel more safer in this transport.
Take a quarterly pass, it works out cheaper.
Old 16th March 2011, 12:05   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Wise move! I had to travel only for 2 days and the way the 2 wheelers are travelling in the road, you feel they would come under your wheels any moment! This includes witnessing an accident of 2 wheeler near MCity (I guess the same as our office colleague).
Old 17th March 2011, 08:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

The traffic has eased a little bit with people taking the tambaram flyover to reach perungalathur.

Time to open the Vandalur fly over and close both perungalathur Gates.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:11   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The traffic has eased a little bit with people taking the tambaram flyover to reach perungalathur.

Time to open the Vandalur fly over and close both perungalathur Gates.
Why is the Tambaram flyover still unfinished on the MCC side ? It's a pain taking the underpass @ the railway gate near MCC
Old 17th March 2011, 10:59   #162
BHPian

Hi,
Rajeswaran here. My answers for the questions listed

1. I live in Chromepet, in Radha Nagar area, my house is like 5 mins from the railway gate down the Radha Nagar main road.

2. I have been living here for more than 22 years since my 3rd standard. My shcool was 2 streets from my home, my college was half an hour from my home(by bust) and my first office was 45 minutes(by bus)from my home. My current office is again half an hour from my home.

3. There are both pros and cons as others have said. For entertainment, shopping etc you will always feel it would be better in City, for a quiet living you will definitely like the suburbs.

4.I guess it won't make things any worse.

Things that you obviously feel are,
1.Traffic has gone up consideraly.
2.Lots and lots of flats.

Entire lakes have gone missing or reduced to ponds.I remember the rainydays when me and my friends used to visit place where the Pallavaram lake used to be. Used to enjoy nature within our area, If any of you guys used to visit the Nanmangalam area(the one near Nemilichery bus stand 52B, the lone bus that plies within our area), its lake and lush paddy fields would know what I am talking about. Now most of it has been sold as plots. Seriously speaking nowadays I don't recognize most of the places.

During my early school days people in my street used to celebrate Tamil and English new year with all night movies in the streets. Me and my bro used to take bedsheets and pillows to watch and enjoy the celebrations. You used to know people who live nearby, now its not the case. Sometime back in 2005 there was a mild earthquake, I am not sure of the exact year, I thought its something else, but sensing something is amiss I came out of the house to see what's happened. The whole street was flodded with people, then I realised to what extent our small area has developed.

I am not just complaining, just that I miss a few things.There are many good things too, roads and drainage have improved. Not much waterlogging when the rains are heavy. Lots of eateries, shops, no need to go to Tnagar for that forgotten gift.
Now this place is thriving. All in all, still love my area :-).

As for the guys who work in Mcity, as Mr.Ganesan said, the best way to reach office is using a train. I used to work there for 2 years, I took first class pass between Beach and Chengalpet for 3 months at a time. It saved me considerable time and tension on my visits to Tnagar/any other parts of the city too. One of my friends (Also a member in our forum) got a Bolero to commute between his home in Kodambakkam and office in Mcity, luckily he moved to a differnt office within the city limits now.

BTW guys I drive a SeaGrey Fiesta 1.6 ZXi without any TEAM-BHP stickers, yet to order one (Bit dusty though, could wash it only once a week, but after 2 hours in my office parking lot it will be showered with dust, fed up and left it as such).

My sincere appologies for those of you who feel my post is a bit lenghty, couldn't help it.
Old 20th March 2011, 21:33   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loys, great move, guess you will get adjusted to this in sometime. Just to add, what you can do is buy some business magzine / Eng magzine and read during your travel time. I miss those days when I was travelling in train in my first job.

BTW, Now that you are in the Mcity, dont miss one thing. There is a punjabi Dhaba by name "Punnu Da Dhaba" with authentic punjabi dishes. You will love it. More so if you are a non-vegetarian (which I am not).
Surely give the Panner tikka a try, you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Why is the Tambaram flyover still unfinished on the MCC side ? It's a pain taking the underpass @ the railway gate near MCC
Dont think it will get over any soon. Moreover, now that its election season all govt coffers will be empty by this time.
Also if I am not wrong, Election code of conduct doesnt allow road related work to go on during election season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
Hi,
Rajeswaran here. My answers for the questions listed
1. I live in Chromepet, in Radha Nagar area, my house is like 5 mins from the railway gate down the Radha Nagar main road.
2. I have been living here for more than 22 years since my 3rd standard. My shcool was 2 streets from my home, my college was half an hour from my home(by bust) and my first office was 45 minutes(by bus)from my home. My current office is again half an hour from my home.
3. There are both pros and cons as others have said. For entertainment, shopping etc you will always feel it would be better in City, for a quiet living you will definitely like the suburbs.
4.I guess it won't make things any worse.
Things that you obviously feel are,
1.Traffic has gone up consideraly.
2.Lots and lots of flats.
Hi Rajeswaran, Welcome to the club so nice to see so many TBHPians pitch into this thread.
You are right even I am here for last 17 odd years, I hardly recognize any places that I had been to before 15 years. This locality has changed so much.
Old 20th March 2011, 23:57   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Dont think it will get over any soon. Moreover, now that its election season all govt coffers will be empty by this time.
Also if I am not wrong, Election code of conduct doesnt allow road related work to go on during election season.
Moreover, i believe the flyover has already been officially inaugurated, without completed the east side!

Due to parking difficulties, i have taken my car back to Trivandrum, and brought my bike to Chennai. Although traffic at perungalathur is sometimes a pain, its manageable on a daily basis.

Need to travel from Selayur <-> Perungalathur daily, and I wish there were atleast a few buse routes that extended beyond Tambaram east to places like Guduvanchery/ Vandallur!
Old 21st March 2011, 13:22   #165
Senior - BHPian

Guys

A word of caution. The tambaram flyover is now being freely used for through traffic with no regards to people trying to get into mudichoor.

Yesterday if not for Jetta and if i was driving my Swift, me and my wife would have been in the hospital atleast for a few months. An idiot driving at over 100 almost hit us while we were trying to get into the mudichoor road.

I want you guys to take utmost care while using this flyover to avoid any accidents. The idiots using the road as through pass are posing great danger to everybody else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks