Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 15:23   #166
BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Why do they not have these speed breakers like they have in Padi, Pallavaram and MIT gate? Once they have this, the number of vehicles using it for pass thru would reduce. They are currently using the flyover as it is faster than the level road where they would get bogged down due to vehicles waiting to take a right towards Velachery road (towards Chromepet side) and buses pulling up and joining back haphazardly (towards Vandalur side)
Old 21st March 2011, 15:29   #167
Senior - BHPian

I went on this flyover to execute a U turn last Saturday. It has the crudest finish among all flyovers I have seen anywhere.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:28   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
right towards Velachery road (towards Chromepet side) and buses pulling up and joining back haphazardly (towards Vandalur side)
I tried testing both the routes and i find the normal roads taking less time to reach beyond subway.
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:26   #169
BHPian

^^^Ah! That is because you were not driving like that idiot who tried to crash into you. Drive at 100 on the flyover and let me know :-)
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:08   #170
Senior - BHPian

I go to MWC on an average 2 times a week. The last couple of weeks or so the traffic situation has improved quite a lot in the evenings. On Monday I noticed that the bus stop at Perungulathur (while coming from Vandalur) has also been shifted after the signal which should make the situation even better.

In between I used to take the right onto Kelambakkam Rd. at Vandalur Jn. then take a left near the Police Academy to come back to Perungulathur Jn. Used to take me only about 15 minutes overall from Vandalur. But last month or so the traffic on this route has increased manifold which has meant similar times to pass the Vandalur - Perunguluthur stretch as compared to GST Road.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:57   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I go to MWC on an average 2 times a week.........
Hey Srikanth, do you work at MWC??
Old 24th March 2011, 19:39   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun View Post
Hey Srikanth, do you work at MWC??
Yes. We have our design team working out of MWC.
Old 25th March 2011, 00:11   #173
Senior - BHPian

Hi pypkmsrikanth & Zoomsun:

I am seeing your posts first time in this thread. Welcome to the club. Do see the question in the first post and answer if it pleases you. Will be great knowing you guys.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:18   #174
Senior - BHPian

xingamazon: I am not from in and around Tambaram, my residence is at Padi and my office is at Royapettah. Twice a week I go to MWC on work, thought I will share my feedback about the traffic conditions near Perungulathur, hence my contributions in this thread.
Old 12th April 2011, 17:30   #175
Senior - BHPian

@mail4loys:

I was thinking of an alternate route for reaching SP koil from Tambaram.
Recently when I was making the Tambaram Sriperumbadur trip I realised there is one alternate route.

Albeit, this route is 16 kms longer, but I can bet it will take lesser time than the GST road.
Its thro the Padapai - Oragadum route.
Here is the link of the route

Has anyone tried this route. Might use it if one is in real hurry, its four lane road almost for the whole length.
Old 12th April 2011, 17:30   #176
BHPian

Hello Guys!

I am not a native of this area, but i have been living here for the past 7 years. So i guess i can join?

1. Which part of the Tambaram do you live among the areas mentioned above.
- Chrompet. On the east side near the new fly over.

2. For how many years have you lived in this area? Do you think it has gone better over the years or has it gone worse?
- Have been here for the past 6 years. Its a kind of mix. I am very happy for the infrastructure its getting plus the numerous shops/eateries in and around. But at the same time its losing its peaceful suburb glory. There has been no development on sanity/parks etc. Wish they get this drainage system soon.
2. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..
- I like being here. My office commute to TIDEL PARK takes 40 mins. I used to love the drives in the less congested bypass road (not anymore?). I venture into the city only on a few week ends. So i don't miss city much. Get me good schools here and i will never have the need to move into the city.
3. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan. Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse
- Yes, bring it on. The crowded shanmugam salai looks like a t-nagar these days. Want any more reason?
Old 13th April 2011, 12:59   #177
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

As you are all aware its more than 2 months since we all caught up last time.
What do you feel about having another Team-BHP meet..

Few things that we need to decide on the time plan.
1. As its summer holidays we need to make sure people having kids can accommodate the trip
2. Since its hot, the places like Railway grounds needs to be avoided. We need to get some cool place to meet.
3. Of course like people mentioend last time, we need to make sure we have some good place to drink or have snacks(tea / cool drinks) this time.
4. Need to make sure we give people a notice of atleast 2 weeks so that they can plan accordingly.

Any suggestions on dates / places are welcome..
Old 15th April 2011, 23:20   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
@mail4loys:

I was thinking of an alternate route for reaching SP koil from Tambaram.
Recently when I was making the Tambaram Sriperumbadur trip I realised there is one alternate route.

Albeit, this route is 16 kms longer, but I can bet it will take lesser time than the GST road.
Its thro the Padapai - Oragadum route.
Here is the link of the route

Has anyone tried this route. Might use it if one is in real hurry, its four lane road almost for the whole length.
I'm planning to drive to office one day next week. I'll try to take this route. BTW: any idea about the road condition?
Old 16th April 2011, 06:28   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I'm planning to drive to office one day next week. I'll try to take this route. BTW: any idea about the road condition?
I'm unable to open the link Xingamazon posted, but if this is the road from Oragadam to Singaperumal Koil avoid it at any costs. It's got enough craters to damage the cars underbelly.
Old 16th April 2011, 11:39   #180
Senior - BHPian

@Mail4loys:

As I mentioned earlier, last time when I had took this route, I went from Tambaram to Oragadum and took the opp side of this road i.e. from Oragadum till Sriperumbadur it was amazing road.

But I have not tried from Oragadum to SP Koil. I am guessing it should be of the same quality that the Oragadum to Sriperumbadur was.

@Teky: Are you sure of this?
Can you let us know when was the last time you took this route, as they have put new roads now.
BTW, Not sure why the link is not opening for you.

Most Viewed