Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2011, 13:11   #181
BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

@Teky: Are you sure of this?
Can you let us know when was the last time you took this route, as they have put new roads now.
BTW, Not sure why the link is not opening for you.
The link is working fine from my PC, Was trying to open on it my phone.

This is the route I'm talking about, I took it a month ago and it's not fully complete. The road is narrow and you may have get down the road if there is a big vehicle coming on the opposite direction. I do agree with you on the Oragadam - Sriperumandur, It's almost finished except for the last part. I'll try and ask someone about the other route update as I've people who frequent that.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:45   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
I'll try and ask someone about the other route update as I've people who frequent that.
Hi Teky, I'll hold on till you confirm this route.
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:09   #183
BHPian

On the Oragadam, SP koil, there is a railway gate that needs crossing and one may get stuck there for close to 15 mins to half an hour. There is huge truck traffic as well. I traveled to Thirukachur (some 4 kms) from SP koil towards Oragadam recently and there are quite a lot of bad patches. It is better to avoid this route.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:48   #184
BHPian

Knock Knock, new joinee coming in.

I live near Selaiyur. For the past 8 months I have been here.
Chose this location coz my wife had to travel to Mahindra City everyday and staying inside the city limits and travelling everyday was not possible.
Now both of us work in Mepz, so planning to move closer to the city, somewhere near Guindy or Saidapet (plan for next year).
Old 30th December 2011, 19:15   #185
BHPian

Hi all,
I too stay in West Tambaram for the past 6 years. How about a T-BHP Tambaram meet?? Some two T-BHP Meets happened since I became active in the forum. But missed both due to some personal exigeny.:(
Old 17th January 2012, 19:49   #186
BHPian

Anybody got any idea on a good car wash/polish place near Camp Road/East Tambaram area? (or even West Tambaram).
Old 18th January 2012, 13:19   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Anybody got any idea on a good car wash/polish place near Camp Road/East Tambaram area? (or even West Tambaram).
Not aware of East Tambaram. But there are two Car wash places in West tambaram. To get there,Drive down thru the Mudichur road. The first Car Wash centre will be near Gandhi Nagar just 100 Mtrs before Gandhi Nagar Bus Stop (3 Kms from Tambaram Bridge). The Second one is located at 200 Mtrs after Parvathy Nagar bus stop (4 Kms from Tambaram Bridge). Both the places are located on the road side itself.Hence it is easy to spot them.
Old 8th February 2012, 18:28   #188
BHPian

Tambaram residents and frequenters! Is the flyover from Oragadam to Vandalur exiting near Vandalur station and Accenture, Vandalur zoo ready yet? Curious. I prefer this to going through Mudichur, Tambaram and joining this road. TIA.
Old 19th February 2012, 14:54   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Tambaram residents and frequenters! Is the flyover from Oragadam to Vandalur exiting near Vandalur station and Accenture, Vandalur zoo ready yet? Curious. I prefer this to going through Mudichur, Tambaram and joining this road. TIA.
Not sure whether you found the answer by now but the flyover is open and we used it last Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton;2649630"

There is a wash center near the road adjacent to Selaiyur police station. The road goes towards Chitlapakkam via Ramakrishnapuram. If you driving from Tambaram, take a left at the Selaiyur police station and within a few yards, there is a narrow lane with a dead end, which has a water wash center & tinkering shop on your right. You can use them as a regular water wash center with no polishing etc. The tinkerer is a good one. I did some tinkering on my black getz and he did a good job. There used to be two water wash center on the Eastern side i.e. one on camp road near the swimming pool and the other one in Rajakilpakkam which was a good one.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 19th February 2012 at 15:04.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 17:24   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Not sure whether you found the answer by now but the flyover is open and we used it last Friday.
Thanks Sridhar! At last. When I drive towards ECR Kelambakkam stretch from Bangalore, I prefer going towards Oragadam and Mudichur, hit Tambaram, go on the circular over bridge and hit Vandalur, take a left along the Zoo wall to reach Kelambakkam. The stretch at Apollo tyre factory at Oragadam is bad due to flyover, however it is a few hundred meters. The stretch towards Mudichur, once one takes a left to leave the Chengalpattu 4 lane, is quite slow and heavy traffic laden till Tambaram.

To avoid this, once I even tried the right to Oteri, just 3 km short of Vandalur. Man, that was lunar landscape! Now, with the flyover open as confirmed by Sridhar K, , I can proceed straight towards Vandalur saving precious time and distance. Well, next I do hope the Vandalur - Kelambakkam road is fixed. They collect a toll too!
Old 20th February 2012, 18:53   #191
BHPian

I did the Sriperambathur - Oragadam - SP Koil - Maramalainagar Strech in my Fortuner yesterday, (I came and went back from Bangalore - Maramalainagar - Bangalore on the same day itself.)

I used to do the Poonamalee Vandalur ring road before but now its too tiring to reach upto Poonamalee itself.

Can someone guide me from Orgadam where to proceed to this flyover to reach Vandalur?Any alternative routes joining in from the Bangalore Highway to this part of Chengelpet?
Old 25th February 2012, 16:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I did the Sriperambathur - Oragadam - SP Koil - Maramalainagar Strech in my Fortuner yesterday, (I came and went back from Bangalore - Maramalainagar - Bangalore on the same day itself.)

I used to do the Poonamalee Vandalur ring road before but now its too tiring to reach upto Poonamalee itself.

Can someone guide me from Orgadam where to proceed to this flyover to reach Vandalur?Any alternative routes joining in from the Bangalore Highway to this part of Chengelpet?
If you are coming from Sriperumpudur towards Oragadam, you take a left at the Orgadam junction where a flyover is being constructed. The road takes you straight to the Vandalur flyover. There is a left turn to Tambaram after Padappai which you can skip. Turn right at the Vandalur flyover to reach marailmalai nagar.

While coming from Vandalur towards Oragadam, there is no right turn allowed at the Oragadam junction. So, one has to take left towards SP Koil, take the next U turn to proceed to Sriperumpudur.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:01   #193

Is there any meetup being planned in TBM area? Xingamazon - got busy?
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:19   #194
BHPian

I recently moved to Chennai from Pune and eager to meet you guys over here. Pls plan some thing as a venue this Weekend and lets meet up!
Old 27th June 2012, 17:50   #195
BHPian

Knock, knock when is the next Tambaram TBHPian meet. Xingamazon any news from ya?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks