Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 16:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Do you mean the Karaikudi chettinad hotel? The A2B next to it is also very good and has lots of space. I heard good things about the Balaji Bhavan opposite to this as well. Then there is Domino's opposite to MEPZ.

Please bear in mind that if a non-veg joint is chosen, some members may not turn up.
Exactly. If that's the case, we can go to any of the veg only joints. And yes, I've been to both A2B and Balaji Bhavan, though A2B is much better than the latter. You meant the Dominos near Sanitorium telephone exchange? Its a good place too. As rajushank84 said, parking might be problem if we choose anything in Tambaram.

And can we please plan it during Xmas holidays?

BTW, I'm a vegan too
Old 9th December 2010, 16:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Exactly. If that's the case, we can go to any of the veg only joints. And yes, I've been to both A2B and Balaji Bhavan, though A2B is much better than the latter. You meant the Dominos near Sanitorium telephone exchange? Its a good place too. As rajushank84 said, parking might be problem if we choose anything in Tambaram.

And can we please plan it during Xmas holidays?

BTW, I'm a vegan too
HDNIVARA:
Point is just thinking lot of people will be having some vacation plan for the christmas holidays, so not sure if the Christmas is good for this.
I guess meeting on weekends would be better in that sense. Again, I leave it to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Thanks! Is it going to be a stag meeting or with family?
We will restrict it to Stag meeting this time.

Again, all let us not make it this formal, we need not have a formal TBHP meet.
I mean not necessary that people have to come in cars. (opinions welcome please...)
We need not end up even having things like lunch etc together, I am thinking something very informal, something like all of us coming in bike and meeting up in Tambaram Railway ground and later going for a tea shop/ hotel.
I was thinking (just my personal opinion) that we will just catch up for this week, we can think of something in a formal lines later on.

Of course, opinions are welcome.

Let us not plan something very big, and end up disapppointed.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:31   #33
BHPian

Sorry..i missed this thread.

Here are the my questions for you:
1. Which part of the Tambaram do you live among the areas mentioned above.

Pammal

2. For how many years have you lived in this area? Do you think it has gone better over the years or has it gone worse?

3 months. Stayed in vadapalani before.

2. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..

The places i visit often like Malls,cineplex,G.P.Road,Ritchie street and T.nagar are very far when compared to Vadapalani.
City life and comfort was much better.

Travelling to perungudi(office) from pammal has become hassle free becasue of the new flyover in pallavaram.
Less water logging when compared to vadapalani area.

Is there any meet planned ? I would like to join.

Yes, How about travelling to some places nearby like vedanthangal(50kms).
All the hotels like AB,Anjappar are all crowded during weekends.
But i am ok with any of the things you all decide.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:38   #34
BHPian

Okay I am not from Tambaram Circle, but soon I will be in medavakkam. I am currently residing in Madipakkam and have been here for close to 9 years now.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:59   #35
BHPian

Guys, this is awesome!
We can have an official Team-BHP meet with these many BHPian's coming in
A drive to Vedanthangal! It can't be anything better!
That's a brilliant idea, rock18
Old 9th December 2010, 19:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
This thread is exclusively for those who live near the Tambaram, meaning Tambaram East, Tambaram West, Selaiyur, Chromepet, Medavakkam and Perungalathur.

Finally, even those who are not necessarily living in Tambaram also do chip in on your views about Tambaram.
Good to see this thread created...

Here are the my questions for you:
I am not from Tambaram or any of the above mentioned areas. I am from Nanganallur - about 10kms from Tambaram. But, I have quite a number of relatives in almost all these areas and I do frequent there. And for past few months, I have been hitting the areas around Sembakkam, Gowriwakkam quite a lot as I am planning to invest in a plot/independent house in and around these areas - nothing fruitful yet. Your help will be greatly appreciated

And btw.. I did my engineering in SaiRam engineering college. So, I am quite acquainted with Tambaram, Vidhya theatre, Butts hotel etc.

2. For how many years have you lived in this area? Do you think it has gone better over the years or has it gone worse?
N/A.

3. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..

I have seen people say Tambaram/Chromepet/Nanganallur as village etc. and I really get irritated by such talk. Over the past few days when there was lots of rains, all these so-called "City" areas were flooded with water whereas I had a peaceful life at my place. Apart from that, you definitely have pros and cons of living in these places.

4. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan.
Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse.
It will not be necessary as even now we have all sorts of facilities that are present in T.Nagar or Adyar. As someone said here, it will only raise the property tax and increase the real estate costs. Nothing more than that.
Old 9th December 2010, 20:47   #37
BHPian

Helo Tambaram TBHPIans, my car got hydrolocked in the Tambaram subway today and the MOS from Vishnu cars have towed it to their service center in Pallavaram. The service advisor says it could be upto a lakh if the engine was damaged cos of the rushing waters. Is there any other MASS in and around Tambaram that can do a neat job. Enquiries on Insurance claims for flooded vehicles were not attended properly and am scared of asking them to coninue with the engine opening process. Please PM me.Mine is a SWIFT LDI
Old 9th December 2010, 22:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well guys,
Good news, we have altogether 17 members. Here is the list of people who have added themselves to the thread. Hope more will join.

1 : xingamazon
2 : vineetmanghani
3 : Maxwell Arthur
4 : Barret.50
5 : Gansan
6 : bnzjon
7 : NFS
8 : hdnivara
9 : ndinesh
10 : JEHU
11 : vishnurp99
12 : rajushank84
13 : para_7k
14 : teky
15 : rock18
16 : ElantraGT
17 : callvvijay

So good to have a corner just for the Tambaram guys, in this Forum. I am really pleased.
BTW, not sure if we can call it a Team-BHP meet, only Sr. Members have powers to call for one I guess. Anyway we can term it as just catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Is there any other MASS in and around Tambaram that can do a neat job.
There is Jos Mass: Here is the contact:
Phone: (044) 22266781 , (044) 22417894 | 9444109590 , 9444368806
Address: 91&92, GHT Road, Tambaram , Chennai- 600045 , Tamil Nadu
Landmark: Near Hindu Mission Hospital

There is also one more in Chromepet, not sure of the name.
Old 10th December 2010, 00:52   #39
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I have been hitting the areas around Sembakkam, Gowriwakkam quite a lot as I am planning to invest in a plot/independent house in and around these areas - nothing fruitful yet. Your help will be greatly appreciated
All the best for your search and would be glad to have you around. BTW, I am at Gowrivakkam.

Quote:
Helo Tambaram TBHPIans, my car got hydrolocked in the Tambaram subway today
Sorry about that, but how did that happen? Did you not see the water level? or was it low and still hydrolocked? I normally venture into water on 1st gear with little high throttle. After your incident, I think I should not attempt this. Enlighten us.

Quote:
Well guys,
Good news, we have altogether 17 members. Here is the list of people who have added themselves to the thread. Hope more will join.

So good to have a corner just for the Tambaram guys, in this Forum. I am really pleased.
BTW, not sure if we can call it a Team-BHP meet, only Sr. Members have powers to call for one I guess. Anyway we can term it as just catch up.
Good to know that 17 BHPians interested or hooked. Thanks for the summary list of volunteers. We should NOT call it Team-BHP meet, as this would be more of a neighbors meet (nothing much official, but just get introduced to each other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Okay I am not from Tambaram Circle, but soon I will be in medavakkam. I am currently residing in Madipakkam and have been here for close to 9 years now.
Even though we planned to meet, it never materialized. Apologies, I was really busy with official and personal things. Good to know that you are coming closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Yes, How about travelling to some places nearby like vedanthangal(50kms).
All the hotels like AB,Anjappar are all crowded during weekends.
But i am ok with any of the things you all decide.
Good suggestion "Drive to Vedanthangal" (are family allowed to join), it would be fun to have a good get-together. I would suggest we can make it soon, 17 is a good number to invite.
Old 10th December 2010, 08:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Helo Tambaram TBHPIans, my car got hydrolocked in the Tambaram subway today and the MOS from Vishnu cars have towed it to their service center in Pallavaram. The service advisor says it could be upto a lakh if the engine was damaged cos of the rushing waters.
Sorry to hear that. xingamazon has given the address for MASS near Tambaram. What happened then? Kindly update us on this (Maybe in a seperate thread)

Quote:
Well guys,
Good news, we have altogether 17 members.
xingamazon, I really appreciate what you're doing. It's really great to have 17 guys and it'd be fun when we meet. Awaiting for the dates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Good suggestion "Drive to Vedanthangal" (are family allowed to join), it would be fun to have a good get-together. I would suggest we can make it soon, 17 is a good number to invite.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:59   #41
BHPian

West Tambaram - Mudichur to be precise

Just under 3 years. Not sure.

3. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..
No good theaters, roads. But like the green around the house and locality

4. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan.
Best thing to happen. U/G power cables, sewage, good roads and water supply, uh... am i asking too much here?

Where are we meeting?
Old 10th December 2010, 13:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Teky, can you answer the questions mentioned in the first post.
Helps us know you better, here they are
Quote:
As mentioned earlier - Somewhere close to Camp Road Junction.

Quote:
28 years to be precise. Apart from the maddening traffic around Tambaram & Pallavaram, I think the majority has remained the same to me.

Quote:
Having spent all my time here the only things I do miss from the city are some good malls & meeting points. Apart from that I think we've got everything + the space to breathe.

Quote:
Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse
Don't know, But here's hope that it makes things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
West Tambaram - Mudichur to be precise
I think I spotted you once in your Tuscan Wine MJD near whilst waiting near Tambaram Signal.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:30   #43

I've spent my entire life in Chromepet/Tambaram area. Alumnus of Christ King Convent - Tambaram, NSN Matric Hr. Sec School - Chromepet & Madras Institute of Technology, Chromepet. Stepped out of Chromepet for my job!

Chromepet has come a long way from what it was during my childhood days but still it has got places that remind me of my school/college days. To mention a few - 3 Sisters' Math tutorial at Radha nagar, Bai's sundal kadai near Post office. There used to be a samosa shop near Homefinder's court which is no more. I badly miss their samosa/mint chutney.
Old 10th December 2010, 21:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Suggestion for places and date. Hope its OK with you guys

Guys,
I am really sorry, was not posting all this day, I had loads of work at office thats why.
Regarding meeting up, anything would do for me. Is anyone aware of any park or something around Tambaram where we can just hang out.

Vedanthangal would make sense if we are wanting to have a view of each's car, and are planning to go for a long drive as a batch. Somehome 18 stags driving their cars for 50kms is not good for environment.

But as mentioned by NFS below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
We should NOT call it Team-BHP meet, as this would be more of a neighbors meet (nothing much official, but just get introduced to each other).
We just need introduction to neighbours, thats why I feel we will just catch up, no long drives no displays of cars etc. Just pure catch up stuff.. Please....

We can do a formal drive and car show-off session next time, this time we will restrict to just knowing about each other. Hope you guys agree.

I would prefer Dec 18 evening, (even morning is OK) something like Gandhi Park link
Or Railway ground, or Chitlapakkam Park. link

@Gansan: Are there any parks in Chromepet, that might also help to catch up.

Let me know if the dates are OK

BTW,
@Reisender welcome on board, congrats on being the 18th member in the club...
@mod-the-pc: You did not mention where you are staying currently, but the way you told the experiences makes me feel you are well attached to our place, nice to have you too onboard.

Last edited by xingamazon : 10th December 2010 at 21:18.
Old 11th December 2010, 12:04   #45
BHPian

Re: Suggestion for places and date. Hope its OK with you guys

Quote:
I would prefer Dec 18 evening, (even morning is OK) something like Gandhi Park link
Or Railway ground, or Chitlapakkam Park. link
I'm not available on Dec 18th. I can join if the meet is on Dec 19th.,

Else, I will join you next time. Have a nice time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks