Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 19:16   #16
BHPian

Guys,

Just read in today's TOI about the 4 laning of Velachery main road stretch between Medvakkam and Velachery, and they're going to put in a median as well. Should make getting to the city much easier. The condition this road is in after the rains, it desperately needs repairs.

Any idea guys how much time this work is going to take?
Old 4th December 2010, 19:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Guys,
Just read in today's TOI about the 4 laning of Velachery main road stretch between Medvakkam and Velachery, and they're going to put in a median as well. Should make getting to the city much easier. The condition this road is in after the rains, it desperately needs repairs.
Any idea guys how much time this work is going to take?
Well thats great news. Hope the infrastructure improves around Tambaram. But the news is not there in Hindu paper though.
Old 4th December 2010, 19:39   #18
BHPian

Article Window

Here you go
Old 4th December 2010, 20:13   #19
BHPian

Here are the my questions for you:
1. Which part of the Tambaram do you live among the areas mentioned above.
In East Tambaram
2. For how many years have you lived in this area? Do you think it has gone better over the years or has it gone worse?
3 years. Been in West Tambaram. Living in East. Rented out my house at Madambakkam. The population has increased much, traffic has gone worse. But wait for the bridge that connects GST road to Mudichur and East Tambaram. The place would have got its new lapel and meaning then

2. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..
Its now the new city. I work in Mahindra City,near Chengalpet, 30 kms from Tambaram. You should see Shanmugham road almost like a miniature Tnagar shopping area

3. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan.Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse.
Its already looking like a spin off from Chennai. It might make property value and taxes go higher. That’s the max difference it can make I guess.

PS: If we need to gather in some space with our vehicles, then the Madambakkam school ground (it has been announced as a Day/Night stadium last year and its near the famous Cricket ground too) would be the ideal place.You can also check the Gurukulam school for all vehicle related glances and exchanges. For social gathering-Henkala, Vasantha Bhavan, Arasampatti (all in West Tambaram) or the PIZZA corner in the AIRFORCE Road Behind MCC (Madras Christian College) is what I can suggest
Old 4th December 2010, 20:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Anyway will decide on the meeting on Dec 15. Just making sure people take notice of this thread and more people get in.
We will take a call on the get-together.
Anything special on 15th of Dec? Why not during Christmas holidays? If its during a weekend, we guys can more fun in a *relaxed* manner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
PS: If we need to gather in some space with our vehicles, then the Madambakkam school ground (it has been announced as a Day/Night stadium last year and its near the famous Cricket ground too) would be the ideal place.You can also check the Gurukulam school for all vehicle related glances and exchanges. For social gathering-Henkala, Vasantha Bhavan, Arasampatti (all in West Tambaram) or the PIZZA corner in the AIRFORCE Road Behind MCC (Madras Christian College) is what I can suggest
Anjappar or Henkala or A2B or Pizza corner will be good. Service & ambiance is so poor in Vasantha Bhavan. How is Arasampatti? I have never been there. Dhaba (in Chrompet) is a viable option too.
Old 4th December 2010, 21:26   #21
NFS
BHPian

@xingamazon: Dec 15th Wednesday? why on a working day? Am I missing something here?

8 BHPians is a good count, we should look forward to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Thanks for the suggestions on meeting place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Article Window

Here you go
Thanks for the link to the Article. The work has begun from Friday. That is good news. Hope those encroachments will get removed and help the road become wider. This is the worst stretch where you need to keep all senses active to drive. Peak hours or Late nights are equally dangerous with rash driving and left side overtaking around the clock.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

@NFS @ndhivira:

What I meant is we will wait till Dec 15 for the new people to join this thread. Post which we can start taking count of people and then think of meeting up the weekend that comes after that.

I mean probably there will be more people joining till Dec 15, till then we can kind of have the box open for joinees to come.
Old 5th December 2010, 16:12   #23
BHPian

Camp Road, Seleiyur

2. For how many years have you lived in this area? Do you think it has gone better over the years or has it gone worse?
1 year. Quite dissapointed with the chennai experience till now.

2. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..
The life in the city is definitely better than tambaram. Horrible roads,Hard water, Worst traffic sense among all the cities i have been till now, Autowallahs etc are the negatives. The saving graces is easier commute to places like mcity/mepz/shols than the city.

3. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan.
Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse.
I think tambaram deserves it. Right now the facilities that tambaram offers is that of a 3rd tier town. Developing it as city will make things better and we could finally have some good places(theatres/restaurants etc) to visit in this part of chennai. Also i guess we will have more long distance trains stopping in tambaram or routed thru tambaram post this.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 5th December 2010 at 16:14.
Old 7th December 2010, 17:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well I'm not natively from Tambaram, but having done my +1 & +2 at Violet staying at Camp Rd, then stayed in Pallikaranai and Medavakkam for around 7 years now, I think I am a bit of a Tambaramer. Come to think of it, I've been around the Tambaram area longer than any other area. Now am at Medavakkam.

Yes, I think Tambaram has good potential to be a nice township except for two things (1) Good roads and (2) Drainage. But apart from these things, it is much better to live in than the thick city which is getting too congested. Most of the facilities like schools, colleges, hospitals, ATMs, supermarkets, restaurants are available here. Still missing are multiplexes and bars/pubs. Those would make the place perfect.

I think Pizza Corner Selaiyur, Dominoes Camp Rd, Cafe Coffee Day Rajakilpakkam, Mc Rennets / Adyar Bakery Gowrivakkam are good meeting spots. I would prefer to avoid anything in "proper Tambaram" because there is no parking space. If we pick something on the Velachery-Tambaram stretch, we will have more space to park cars. In any case Vasantha Bhavan is far from what it used to be (people who used to go there around year 2000 will know the taste I am referring to!), and I haven't been to Bhats in a while. The A2B behind Vasantha Bhavan is good too, but I guess that would mean we will have to come there on bikes, not cars.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Hi Rajushank:
Welcome to the club, great to have you in here.
As you are aware we are waiting till Dec 15th to keep this space open for new joinees.

We all can think of just stopping by on Dec 18th, do let me know if this date is good enough.
In case if you have any person who lives in Tambaram ask them to join into this thread.
Old 9th December 2010, 08:17   #26
BHPian

Better Late than never:

Here are the my questions for you:

Not from Tambaram, but from Pammal, about 7 kms away.

25 years. Obviously better

Likes: Lesser traffic, not much waterlogs compared to the city

Is there any meet planned ? I would like to join.

EDIT: I'm out of town on dec 18th. Is it ok for Sunday Dec 19th ?

Last edited by para_7k : 9th December 2010 at 08:19.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Dhaba (in Chrompet) is a viable option too.
Do you mean the Karaikudi chettinad hotel? The A2B next to it is also very good and has lots of space. I heard good things about the Balaji Bhavan opposite to this as well. Then there is Domino's opposite to MEPZ.

Please bear in mind that if a non-veg joint is chosen, some members may not turn up.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:11   #28
BHPian

I stay very close to Camp Road, Chitlapakkam to be precise. Nice to see so many TBHP's around.

I've been staying here for right from my birth - 28 years.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Rajushank:
Welcome to the club, great to have you in here.
As you are aware we are waiting till Dec 15th to keep this space open for new joinees.

We all can think of just stopping by on Dec 18th, do let me know if this date is good enough.
In case if you have any person who lives in Tambaram ask them to join into this thread.
Thanks! Is it going to be a stag meeting or with family?
Old 9th December 2010, 14:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow, with so many people chipping in the gang seems to be growing for better. This is making things even more exciting.
Teky, can you answer the questions mentioned in the first post.
Helps us know you better, here they are :\1. Which part of the Tambaram do you live among the areas mentioned above.
3. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..
4. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan.
Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks