Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 12:25   #46
BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

1. Medavakkam
2. Couple of years. It is improving for sure.
3. I feel better to be in the outskirts, mainly the roads are wide enough. We dont miss city much 'cos velachery and OMR is closeby and most of the requirements are covered there.
Old 11th December 2010, 13:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestion for places and date. Hope its OK with you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I'm not available on Dec 18th. I can join if the meet is on Dec 19th.,

Else, I will join you next time. Have a nice time
Hey Para_7k well thats not the finalized date, we will wait for others to suggest their favorable dates
Old 11th December 2010, 14:22   #48
BHPian

I am also going to be out of chennai from dec 18 till 27. Going on a long drive to hometown trivandrum and vacation there. Would have liked to meet all of you guys and would most likely join you the next meeting.
Old 11th December 2010, 17:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hey looks like most of the guys are out for the year end.
Should we have a meet then planned sometime in Jan. Can others chip in am let know of your opinions..
Old 15th December 2010, 20:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Well guys,
Good news, we have altogether 17 members. Here is the list of people who have added themselves to the thread. Hope more will join.

1 : xingamazon
2 : vineetmanghani
3 : Maxwell Arthur
4 : Barret.50
5 : Gansan
6 : bnzjon
7 : NFS
8 : hdnivara
9 : ndinesh
10 : JEHU
11 : vishnurp99
12 : rajushank84
13 : para_7k
14 : teky
15 : rock18
16 : ElantraGT
17 : callvvijay

So good to have a corner just for the Tambaram guys, in this Forum. I am really pleased.
BTW, not sure if we can call it a Team-BHP meet, only Sr. Members have powers to call for one I guess. Anyway we can term it as just catch up.

There is Jos Mass: Here is the contact:
Phone: (044) 22266781 , (044) 22417894 | 9444109590 , 9444368806
Address: 91&92, GHT Road, Tambaram , Chennai- 600045 , Tamil Nadu
Landmark: Near Hindu Mission Hospital

There is also one more in Chromepet, not sure of the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Helo Tambaram TBHPIans, my car got hydrolocked in the Tambaram subway today and the MOS from Vishnu cars have towed it to their service center in Pallavaram. The service advisor says it could be upto a lakh if the engine was damaged cos of the rushing waters. Is there any other MASS in and around Tambaram that can do a neat job. Enquiries on Insurance claims for flooded vehicles were not attended properly and am scared of asking them to coninue with the engine opening process. Please PM me.Mine is a SWIFT LDI

Wow, nice to see an exclusive Tambaram community in TBHP

As for my SWIFT, I've managed to move it from Vishnu cars to MSM last Sunday. Vishnu cars doesn't have a tie up with leading insurance providers and hence to do any claim based repairs one has to cough up money up front and then get it reimbursed. Further, being a new set up they dont have a competent set of folks to handle major works like an engine overhaul.

Adjacent to Lakshmi theater in Chromepet there is another MASS by name VBK motors who've been around for sometime. Probably one can try doing the routine check up or the Free/ or Paid services there. Nothing can come close to the MSM quality I presume
Old 16th December 2010, 17:17   #51
BHPian

Hi Jehu, Sorry to hear about the waterlocking incident. How did the waterlocking happen? I have taken the tambaram subway many time when there is been substantial water.luckily didn't get waterlocked. However this incident has made me nervous. How much is the repair quote coming to?
Old 16th December 2010, 17:27   #52
BHPian

@ klassics45

Me from Santoshapuram... i actually feel that its good to be in outskirts...You have a pleasant environment. You have shops like Venkadeshwara, Relaince, more nearby. No problem for water.
Old 16th December 2010, 19:44   #53
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hey looks like most of the guys are out for the year end.
Should we have a meet then planned sometime in Jan. Can others chip in am let know of your opinions..
Yes, we can in JAN, if that is the case. Can we have a quick meet this weekend? Who ever is available (even if it 50% attendance, still good)

What is your opinion?
Old 17th December 2010, 05:55   #54
BHPian

We can definitely meet sometime in January.
Old 17th December 2010, 15:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi Jehu, Sorry to hear about the waterlocking incident. How did the waterlocking happen? I have taken the tambaram subway many time when there is been substantial water.luckily didn't get waterlocked. However this incident has made me nervous. How much is the repair quote coming to?
@ Vishnu: On 9th Dec, just when the rains were coming to a close, I took the subway as was my custom. I should admit that I had used my Swift in the 2008 floods at Tnagar to ferry my inlaws out of the Income Tax quarters with water flowing over the bonnet for a kilometer and half and more than a 100 times in this subway too. I always boasted about this engine's capacity to wade through hip-high floods. The other day, there was a school van ahead of me and the water level was tyre high. I followed the van and no sooner than it cleared the waters there was a wave of water rushing down from the curvy subway back on to the bonnet. This surge of water killed the engine and water started seeping in destroying the speakers on all four doors and luckily I could save my guitar and laptop before the water level rose. The car was already in the middle of the subway where the water level was rising due to springs from the wall and then the water pump in the subway was not working too.

The previous night a Scorpio was caught there too, but then the water levels were too high in the night when it was still pouring, the onlookers commented

The estimation comes close to a lakh and the insurance cover comes to 70k.The music system, seat covers etc would add up to another few grands I guess
Old 19th December 2010, 18:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
The estimation comes close to a lakh and the insurance cover comes to 70k.The music system, seat covers etc would add up to another few grands I guess
My bad! Blame our good-for-nothing drainage systems (as if there is one in place )
Hope she will be ok once the damage is done to your pocket!
Old 6th January 2011, 21:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

I have lived close to 25 years in and around Tambaram. Currently i stay near perungalathur. Give me five crores (yeah five crores would do)to make me move out this area. I am too soaked in tambaram that i cant stand the city. I am always fine to drive 20kms to watch a movie or shop. I can stay at my inlaws during weekends when wife wants city. My cricket friends have stayed in the same place for the last fifteen years and i live farther away from the highway or station that its such a peaceful place. And my home is next to a park, coudnt ask more for open space.

@JEHU.
i never take that subway for that reason. I hate taking my car into any water body let alone that dreadful subway. Worst case if i want to get into east tambaram i happily take the T-Sant fly over and drive down.

MSM rocks. Stick to a mechanic and demand for the same everytime you leave the car. Thats what i have been doing for the last 4-5 service. I service every 5k(my Swift).

Few old memories include the numerous days in the railway ground, numerous days in the ever so famous "hotel rajagopal" a bengali "Sundal shop", the juice shop opposite MCC and what not....hail Tambaram
Old 11th January 2011, 09:45   #58
BHPian

Hi All, one thread lead to the other and finally this. Great to see a community in and around Tambaram area.

I live in Purushotham Nagar, Chromepet and have been since 1997. yeah, initially had to go through lots of struggle with MIT flyover construction etc., now enjoyong the fruits. This side of Chromepet, is reasonably good with pretty OK roads and all convenience nearby.

Now, if you see, all the essentials have reached chromepet area starting from good restaurants, hospitals, auto showrooms and this area is developing as well quite fast. I am happy about this place and it is great to know that there are several members living around this area.

I drive a Ford Fiesta Moondust silver colour with Team-BHP stickets on the rear bumper. So, if somebody spot me, just try and wave and we could chat for a while. It will be great to meet you all guys.

Swami
Old 13th January 2011, 20:52   #59
BHPian

Is there any meet possible this weekend?
@Xingamazon: I think many people will be able to respond about their availability,if a date is fixed.
Old 13th January 2011, 21:14   #60

I live in Tambaram Sanatorium. Moved here from Bangalore five months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks