Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:21   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Guys, we should all meet up for sure.
This time I need your help guys in organizing please, especially in finalizing location.
I will take up the job of PMing all of you guys..
What say?? JEHU any help from your end?? PM me if you are OK. As I dont frequent this thread that often
Old 19th July 2012, 10:29   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Guys, we should all meet up for sure.
This time I need your help guys in organizing please, especially in finalizing location.
I will take up the job of PMing all of you guys..
What say?? JEHU any help from your end?? PM me if you are OK. As I dont frequent this thread that often
Xingamazon, am now just about 450Kms from Tambaram. But I surely want to meet the TBHPians in Tambaram when I come there next. Maybe, I can come there just for the meet-neways got some work on my Mitsubishi CEDIA at SPEEDWORKS and hence I should be there at Chennai sometime. I wonder if I could be of help at this point in time with respect to organizing or in finalizing the location.There is a Govt School near Selaiyur Police Station with a playground and one of the Tambaram TBHPians can check that space. Please also check our past meeting spot-the Railway grounds-and let us know if it can happen this time at that same space
Old 9th November 2012, 11:56   #198
BHPian

Hi All,
Tambaram T-bhpians meet is a long due now. Shall we plan for one? Probably on this sunday? I'm not sure whether there is any place to hangout at Tambaram. Knowledgeable people, please share your opinion on the location.
Old 14th November 2012, 10:13   #199
BHPian

Guys,
I believe people were busy with Diwali celebrations last week and hope everyone's celebrations went well.So, I basically got the reason for no replies for my previous post. Hope you guys are back after the celebrations now. How about a Tambaram t-bhp meet? Please respond with your convenient date (weekends preferable). We shall meet on any convenient spot in Tambaram-Selaiyur-Chrompet areas as per the feasibility of the attendees.
Old 14th November 2012, 14:04   #200
BHPian

When and where!!!
As mentioned, the Govt school playground would be fine if we were allowed to get it on any of the weekends. Else, How about the open place on right after you go some 100 to 200 mtrs from Rajakilpakkam signal to wards Medavakkam?

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 14th November 2012, 16:14   #201
BHPian

When : any weekend
Where : ?? need to be decided.

I haven't used the tambaram-medavakkam road for a considerable time now.. So, I'm not able to recall the place that you are mentioning about.We should be fine until there is enough space for park our rides.
One choice that comes to my mind is, Chrompet A2B which has ample parking space.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:39   #202
BHPian

@xingamazon
Hi guys nice to learn that a thread exists for Tambaram BHPians.
Listed below answer to your questions:-
1) I am staying in Arasan Nagar, Mudichur Road, Tambaram West. The land mark is Kannan Avenue or Bharathi Nagar.
2) I shifted to Chennai from Mumbai in April 2012 and since then I am staying here. I could see quite some changes from the time I came here. Lot of new construction has happened in our area and beyond. But the most annoying is the rapid deterioration of the road leading to the station particularly in front of Hotel Anjappar. However I like the place where I stay. It’s a peaceful locality and I got a really good house on rent. Also the house owner is a very good person.
3) Better or worse than the city?
Compared to the city following are the positives:-
a) Bigger house with secured parking at reasonable rent.
b) House located in less polluted and peaceful place.
c) Exit to Kerala (my native place) easier.
d) Most important, the low prices of veggies and other provisions from the Tambaram market.
The negatives:-
a) Though my travelling time is more to my office in Nungambakkam, the travel by local trains is a breeze as compared to Mumbai.
b) Avenues for enjoyment with family during weekends are non existent.
c) No other complaints.
4) No idea whatsoever regarding separation of Tambaram and creation of a new city.

Hope to have a meet with BHPians in Tambaram on any convenient time.

Mod's Note: Avoid copy-pasting from external editors. It leaves unreadable posts with deformed HTML tags.

Last edited by Zappo : 11th January 2013 at 17:43.
Old 8th June 2015, 19:43   #203
Senior - BHPian

bump!
man this is a dormant thread!
Recently quit the OMR club and joined this one.
Anybody home?
Old 28th December 2015, 02:09   #204
BHPian

Wow. Great Thread Tambaram guys. I'm a folk staying around 15 kms from Tambaram, Potheri to be exact and am a regular visitor to Tambaram. Will be frequently using the Tambaram - Chengalpattu EMU for transport as going by bus is really irritating in the GST. Getting stuck in traffic at Vandalur junction and Perungaluthur junction is like getting ready for hell. It's so damn worse that train makes life easier and will be visiting Tambaram almost every weekend. It'd be great if we have a Tambaram Team BHP meet soon . Will love to be a part of it
Old 14th April 2016, 10:51   #205
BHPian

Pals,
When is our next meet then?
Seems we have few locations on the Tambaram Velachery road for having a short meet..

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 14th April 2016, 11:47   #206
BHPian

Glad to know that a thread like exists in our forum.
I will be relocating (back) to Chennai after a 12 year stint in Bangalore for good during May 2nd week.
The city and the landscape has changed a lot compared to what i have seen in 2004. Would like to definitely catch up with you guys.
BTW, I will be in Pallavaram/Pammal locality
Old 14th April 2016, 12:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

Am a product of MCC so interested in this thread, even if I haven't been there in a long time. Spent a long time reading the multiple pages and one thing I can see is traffic has increased remarkably in the last 20 years or so
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 19:55   #208
BHPian

Hi Guys, I live in Rajakilpakkam. I drive a Orange Honda Jazz with Drive sticker on my rear windshield. I take Velachery - Tambaram main road - Sardar Patel Road - Teynampet daily for my office commute.
Honk or Flash a light if you see me. Will sure join if there is a meet.
saisree is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 11:40   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Hi Guys, I live in Rajakilpakkam. I drive a Orange Honda Jazz with Drive sticker on my rear windshield. I take Velachery - Tambaram main road - Sardar Patel Road - Teynampet daily for my office commute.
I remember you mentioning a few months earlier that you live in this vicinity; I live somewhat close to you, nearer to Bharath University. I have a silver TUV 300 which is always dirty and muddy. Will look out for you on the road. I take the AgaramThen-Sithalappakam-Perumbakkam route daily.

Quote:
Honk or Flash a light if you see me. Will sure join if there is a meet.
Ditto here.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 14:51   #210
BHPian

I live in Sembakkam and recently bought a red XUV300 autoshift and it is yet to sport the tbhp sticker. I think I have spotted saisrees' jazz a few times. Earlier ride was a blue swift zdi..

Maverick79, are you still around in Chennai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks