Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2005, 07:54   #1
BHPian

The NY/NJ/CT (Tri-state) BHPians meet thread.

Any of you guys here in New Jersey/New York area? Anyone up for a meet and drive?
Old 26th December 2005, 06:46   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

I'm in philadelphia & I don't have a car. If you don't mind coming down till here then sure we can go for a drive...
Old 26th December 2005, 08:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey Tsxei,

I know there are a couple of people from the NY/NJ area (myself in RI), but i think being december everyone is back in the motherland (except poor RJK...lol)

Keep this thread around and i am sure it will get some more responses...
cya
R

ps - lol. looks like RJK is at JFK as we speak....heading home for december too!

ps2 - i was just reading your intro thread and let me just say that if you had bought the STI i would have been on the next flight to NJ!

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th December 2005 at 08:51.
Old 26th December 2005, 10:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I'm in philadelphia & I don't have a car. If you don't mind coming down till here then sure we can go for a drive...
Phili itself is a 2 hour drive for me. But I am sure we can work something out. Let's see how many folks sign up for this so we can start planning.
Old 26th December 2005, 10:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Tsxei,

I know there are a couple of people from the NY/NJ area (myself in RI), but i think being december everyone is back in the motherland (except poor RJK...lol)

Keep this thread around and i am sure it will get some more responses...
cya
R

ps - lol. looks like RJK is at JFK as we speak....heading home for december too!

ps2 - i was just reading your intro thread and let me just say that if you had bought the STI i would have been on the next flight to NJ!
Hey Rehaan, you're right. It is the time of the year when people are vacationing in India. I guess I'll wait till they get back.

About the STI it is a pretty sad story. I just fell in love with this car as soon as the guy started the engine. The exhaust note was awsome. You don't need a subwoofer at all. I almost made the deal when I started realising a lot of things like high maintenance (for example the bridgestone potenzas on the STI are only rated for 7000 miles). I drive 70 miles daily to work. I shopped around for insurance and got outrageous quotes. The dealership was also having a tough time locating the colour of my choice. I wanted black exterior with gold coloured wheels. Meanwhile I started thinking and felt that I may be stretching my budget a little more that I originally thought for an STI. It was really hard to let it go. But I had to do it.

The TSX is not bad. It loves to rev and is a great daily driver. It is filling atleast a part of the big gaping hole the STI left in my heart
Old 26th December 2005, 16:42   #6
Team-BHP Support

Ah! Being an auto enthusiast in NJ is really difficult. I am a former NJ resident and a former Acura 3.2TL owner.

I too looked at many sporty options, every time it was the insurance quote that brought me back to sense. Not to mention way too many cops picking on sports cars.
Old 28th December 2005, 08:50   #7
BHPian

Hi Samurai. So you know how the insurance rates are in NJ. When were you in NJ? Insurance rates are getting better these days. But they still have a lot of catching up to do with other states. By the way, TL is an awsome car. Was it a type-S?
Old 28th December 2005, 09:32   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
(for example the bridgestone potenzas on the STI are only rated for 7000 miles). I drive 70 miles daily to work.
Wow... thats bad news. (Maybe you could have had your "weekday" set of tyres and keep the potenzas for the weekends

Well, i guess you could say its written in the stars that yet another indian in the US ends up buying a BMW, Honda or Acura (Merc if you're a doctor)

Anyway,
Keep working on that STI fund.... IMO there is no other car that appeals to both heart and head as much as the STI.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th December 2005 at 09:41.
Old 28th December 2005, 12:34   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Samurai. So you know how the insurance rates are in NJ. When were you in NJ?
About 9 years between 1993-2004 with couple of short stints back in India.

Quote:
By the way, TL is an awsome car. Was it a type-S?
I bought my TL in Nov-2000, the first S-type was launched in Apr-2001. There was heavy hair pulling for few weeks...
Old 28th December 2005, 21:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Anyway,
Keep working on that STI fund.... IMO there is no other car that appeals to both heart and head as much as the STI.

cya
R
Thanks. I am still working on the STI fund It will happen someday.
Old 28th December 2005, 21:44   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

I bought my TL in Nov-2000, the first S-type was launched in Apr-2001. There was heavy hair pulling for few weeks...
I understand your pain. But I am sure you didn't miss out any of the fun driving your TL.
Old 20th January 2006, 01:03   #12
BHPian

Ok once again. Any of you guys here in NJ/NY/PA area interested in a meet?
Old 20th January 2006, 02:17   #13

Hey..... i stay in hackensack city in NJ and am very much interested in a meet. But the problem is that i dont have a car.
where do u stay?

Quote:
Ok once again. Any of you guys here in NJ/NY/PA area interested in a meet?
Old 20th January 2006, 22:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit
Hey..... i stay in hackensack city in NJ and am very much interested in a meet. But the problem is that i dont have a car.
where do u stay?

Hi Asit. I am in South Plainfield.
Old 21st January 2006, 00:36   #15

Quote:
Hi Asit. I am in South Plainfield.
it is around 42 miles from my place. just let me know whenever you guys plan for a meet up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks