Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 05:10   #136
BANNED

At the current moment I can't say anything.

Please tell me the venue and time.

Another problem is that since I'm still a student, I don't have too much of money to dispense with.
Old 14th March 2006, 09:38   #137
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid...time to 'confirm' the programme. And fix the budget. So decide abt all that cuz only a few days left.
Old 14th March 2006, 09:48   #138
BHPian

sorry guyz...shifted base back to KL for a month. so 18th I might join, but I need the venue details ASAP.
Old 14th March 2006, 10:41   #139
Senior - BHPian

Yes... Do lets freeze on the itinerary ... 18th is a Saturday - so that boat is going to be in full demand... So it'll need to be booked well in advance.

Again - JK-STEER - Pls take the lead!
Old 14th March 2006, 11:31   #140
BHPian

seeing all this exitement, i am not able to keep myself away.
But hey guys, it seems all you guys are gonna rock that boat that you'd be taking .
Let me see if i can join the fun and shall keep you guys posted if i'll be bringing my ikon for the meet; but by the looks of it, i doubt my presence for the meet.
AK
Old 14th March 2006, 11:58   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hey... everyone who can make it MUST come... AUTO-LOVERS UNITE!!
Old 14th March 2006, 14:31   #142
BHPian

am gonna miss it again !! huh !!
Old 14th March 2006, 15:43   #143
Senior - BHPian

I have spoken to the F&B guy at Riviera Retreat and can close the deal @ Rs.200 per head if everyone is agreeable. Booze - I can take care of most of it, others buy their beer en-route.

Have yet to confirm a boat for the night because I need some numbers - the chap at the Riviera also wants number to block seats.

Lets have a FINAL yes or no count this evening, boys. I need to confirm one way or the other tomorrow morning.
Old 14th March 2006, 15:46   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I have spoken to the F&B guy at Riviera Retreat and can close the deal @ Rs.200 per head if everyone is agreeable. Booze - I can take care of most of it, others buy their beer en-route.

Have yet to confirm a boat for the night because I need some numbers - the chap at the Riviera also wants number to block seats.

Lets have a FINAL yes or no count this evening, boys. I need to confirm one way or the other tomorrow morning.
Rs.200 per head should be absolutely fine...I'm in
Old 14th March 2006, 15:51   #145
Senior - BHPian

PS: So that we dont waste any more time talking about budgets - the boat ride is complimentary for students that dont drive cars. If you can afford to drive a car you can afford a ride in the boat. Else you can leave your car onshore and swim....

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th March 2006 at 15:56.
Old 14th March 2006, 15:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
PS: So that we dont waste any more time talking about budgets - the boat ride is complementary for students that dont drive cars. If you can afford to drive a car you can afford a ride in the boat. Else you can leave your car onshore and swim....
How much is the boat ride. Give a full estimate so that it'll be easier for everyone to prepare
Old 14th March 2006, 16:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Okay here's the tentative agenda, gents:

12 noon meet up at the clubhouse @ Riviera Retreat.

2 pm or so - get down to lunch after all the introductions, bull****ting and a few beers.

3 pm...hopefully....finish lunch.

3.30 pm head out to Wellington Island from Riviera Retreat with the two test cars that will allegedly be available. (Himanshu, JK, kphilip - I hope you're taking care of this)

5 pm everyone finishes a few rounds with the two cars, thanks the dealers profusely, and heads out to Marine Drive.

6 pm (hopefully) we're in the boat.

Thereafter who gives a damn as to how long it takes? Those in a hurry can swim back to shore.
Old 14th March 2006, 16:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

HOW TO GET THERE:

1. Riviera Retreat - is just off the NH 47 byepass.

Those coming from Trivandrum take a LEFT turn at the junction immediately after Le Meridien.

Those coming from CBE take a left at Edapally junction into the byepass without entering the city. Continue straight towards Alleppy after Vytilla junction and you will find all the car showrooms (Honda, Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz, Tata, etc). Take right at the first junction (with traffic lights) AFTER the abovementioned showrooms - its about 1/2 a km after the Hyundai showroom (MGF) which will be to your right.

If the TVM boys can see these showrooms (except Toyota), they have gone too far and need to turn around and follow instructions for CBE.

If the CBE boys can see the Toyota showroom, they've gone too far and need to turn around and follow instructions for TVM.

Simple, isnt it?

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th March 2006 at 16:55.
Old 14th March 2006, 16:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

Once you turn left or right (as the case may be) from the NH, you will come to a toll gate. Pay up your contribution and get on top of the longish bridge (about 2 km)...as you keep going you will first go over the rail lines and then over a stretch of backwaters. Look to your left and you will see a concrete jungle on the other side of the backwaters...one of them will have the signage that says "Riviera Suites". Thats where you're headed.

Get down the bridge and take left at the intersection (small one) at the foot of the approach road. You will get into a rather narrow road with tall buildings to your left. One of those will be Riviera Retreat/Riviera Suites (they're both the same).

Himanshu/kb100 - you might want to stay at the Riviera Suites with your family - its quite a nice place to hang out in.

Now if I have the numbers I can find the boat.
Old 14th March 2006, 16:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

I'm confirmed with my family. Thats 2 1/4 in all (My daughter is an infant )

will tie up with Karthik and JK for the rest of the details
Closed Thread

Most Viewed