Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 7, 2011 0 0%
Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 21, 2011 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 09:28   #331
Senior - BHPian

Hectic beggining to the day - will join soon

The day started well before dawn. Took out the Team Mars car (practically a TBHP project) out for a spin to check things out. Just got back and will leave for the TBHP drive in about a quarter of an hour. See you guys soon.

Cheers,
Old 27th March 2011, 13:48   #332
Senior - BHPian

zentastic!

the gang settles in at New Meera Devi Dhabha for some lunch. This is a perfect spot for a noisy lot like us.

pulsar's Zen is my drive for the day. It seems sorted but for some minor stuff. I now know what HRH-RR meant when he said 100 in the Dhannomatic feels like 200 in the WA. The Zen is good for about 150 (don't take my word for it, ask Ellen). Seems stable too at those speeds though I was not pushing it today.

Now to see abt lunch . . . .
Old 27th March 2011, 17:46   #333
BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

I am back from my first "drive" meet.

The hot sun has got me and I am so tired that just cannot type now.

Before I sign off, thanks to all for the awesome company and bonhomie.

I am sure others will post the details soon.
Old 27th March 2011, 18:17   #334
BHPian

Another great drive meet. I was in half my senses because of lack of sleep and heavy head but still enjoyed everyone's company.

Had heard lots of good things about the Nagpur highway and I'm glad it was true, brilliant roads!
Old 27th March 2011, 18:43   #335

Im half asleep while typing this so moderators; be nice and forgive some grammatic or typing errors....

Was a great drive guys. Here is the URL for one of the videos:

CHeers and good night

Appu
Old 27th March 2011, 18:49   #336
BHPian

+1 to all the post meet posts. Indeed an awesome day driving on the Nagpur highway in some great company, both cars and folks.

Look forward to the next drive meet. Next time, lets do it on the other side i.e. towards B'lore.

Cheers,
Old 27th March 2011, 19:13   #337

Ok; here is another video...

I'm getting late for my SMP appointment...

Later
reddevil_appu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2011, 20:59   #338
BHPian

Looks like Hyderabad climate played truant on the members who attended the meet today.

No posts till now, discounting Appu.

Everyone seems to be sun-stroked to post their updates on the meet.

Anyway, it was awesome to meet you all and I am eagerly awaiting the write-ups and the photos and also some nice words about those two rabbits.

Thanks to All for the wonderful time and sorry that I had to leave in a haste suddenly!
Old 27th March 2011, 21:58   #339
BHPian

Enjoyed the drive as well as the meet. Had a good time driving my Black Mamba on NH7. Amazing food and a great experience. Hope you guys loved the food there?
Old 27th March 2011, 22:33   #340
Senior - BHPian

What an awesome meet! Not only was the road superb, but also the food, despite the ambient heat. I've kinda fallen in love with this highway.

@Appu---superb videos. You really gave me a chase, but the cyclist in the middle of the road threatening to pull over to any side caused me to slow down, and that's when you zoomed past. Anyways, great display of driving skills by all the guys, despite challenges like people crossing the road on a curve, unmimdful of speeding cars, and trucks that suddenly chose to take a left turn from the middle land when someone was trying to overtake from the left lane.

I'm really happy that my car got a chance to stretch its feet after a long sojourn.
Old 28th March 2011, 09:52   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What an awesome meet! Not only was the road superb, but also the food, despite the ambient heat. I've kinda fallen in love with this highway.
Yup!! Awesome meet, a first drive meet for me. And enjoyed it thoroughly.
The highway is good, but I feel it's a little narrower than the one on the Bangalore side. That part of NH7 is even more awesome to have fun on.
Only flipside was the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
and trucks that suddenly chose to take a left turn from the middle land when someone was trying to overtake from the left lane.
I'm really happy that my car got a chance to stretch its feet after a long sojourn.
Venu sir, that truck suddenly turning left must have been a little scare. I was planning to overtake you after you crossing the truck, but then you gave way and I went past. And Neilguy was on my tails . I saw the truck taking left in my RVM, but then saw you coming behind a little later. So it was all ok.
There was a scene just out a action movie, when both WA and neilguy overtook me while going and then overtook a Tata marcopolo bus from left and right simultaneously!!

No photos from my side, though I carried the camera as I didn't realise that the memory card is stuck in my laptop

Pushed my Ikon till 160+ on the odo, but the GPS recorded a max of 154.84kmph. Glad, it took those speed nicely, felt like there's more juice to be extracted.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:32   #342
BHPian

Any mid week meet?

Also its ind v/s pak on wednesday.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:39   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Any mid week meet?

Also its ind v/s pak on wednesday.
Bhai log,

lets plan out a mid week on Wednesday for the meet,

lets decide upon a location with a good Display setup.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:41   #344
BHPian

This drive meet was the most fun I had on a drive. The roads were awesome, weather was clear, people were fantastic, cars were roaring and food was great. Everyone drove very well and reached safe. The way my car was handling and taking curves at speed with great poise made me develop a new respect towards the car.

Have attached a few photographs here. You can find some more photos on FB.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0040.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0071.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0073.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0076.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0081.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0043.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0050.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0060.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0079.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0047.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img_0048.jpg  

Old 28th March 2011, 11:42   #345
BHPian

Amazing drive guys (but for the heat). The company and the food more than made up for it though!
Nikhil Bhai: Thanks for the amazing food, it was truly awesome and being treated like kings there.... just took the tiredness all away!!
I had a pretty sedate drive up and down the highway, thanks to a 36 hr break in sleep (and the 'fried clutch' I had earlier for breakfast)
The energy of the whole group was brilliant, specially evident during the drive with the front runners (A-Team??) and rest during the lunch stop.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks