Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 7, 2011 0 0%
Warangal Gourmet Drive : Aug 21, 2011 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 13:31   #121
BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

Indeed a good meet, and yes the Gongura mutton did live upto the hype Avi!! The surprize was the Kakatiya mutton, spicy as hell though. Was great fun over all, but for the jam before Uppal x-roads on the way back (thanks to that reached home ony by 9:00 PM).
Old 7th February 2011, 14:02   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You wont beileve it, it took me over an hour to cover 3-4 kms and finally reached home at 8:30pm completely sapped!
Looks like it was a good meet. I unfortunately couldn't make it this time as I noted earlier, though for a small window of time it did look possible.

By the way, the jam at Uppal 'X' roads is not at all surprising. There was a period of time in the mid-late 2000s when I frequently took this route (lots of out of town visits back then to the north-east of Hyderabad) and it was the same story every time. This junction is best avoided during peak hours. We desperately need the equivalent of Hebbal interchange here. A PVNR style road will not suffice because all directions (Habsiguda, Warangal, Ramanthapur and along ORR towards LB Nagar) are extremely busy.

Regards,
spadix
Old 7th February 2011, 14:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
.... This junction is best avoided during peak hours. .....
There is an alternate road from Ghatkesar to Habsiguda or you can as well go to Shamirpet Road(it comes out around the BITS, Hyd), more suitable to the folks living in ECIL, Sainikpuri, Bowenpally.... via the outskirts of Keesaragutta. Though it is not a fast one but at least you wont get stuck in the mad traffic jam. Last time we did Ghatkesar to Vikrampuri in slightly over an hour in a WagonR(duo) driven buy a person who feels anything above 60kmph is fast!!!
Old 7th February 2011, 15:19   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
There is an alternate road from Ghatkesar to Habsiguda or you can as well go to Shamirpet Road(it comes out around the BITS, Hyd), more suitable to the folks living in ECIL, Sainikpuri, Bowenpally.... via the outskirts of Keesaragutta. Though it is not a fast one but at least you wont get stuck in the mad traffic jam. Last time we did Ghatkesar to Vikrampuri in slightly over an hour in a WagonR(duo) driven buy a person who feels anything above 60kmph is fast!!!
I have used this route a couple of times when i used to do plot searching most weekends.

It's quite confusing and if i am not wrong goes through ECIL campus, some green fields and finding the right to this route ( when coming from warangal) is the biggest trick as i know its a short lane.
Old 7th February 2011, 19:13   #125
Senior - BHPian

Great meet

After a long time we did a drive meet and it turned out to be a great drive. The road till Bhongir was horrendous but it cleared after that and was particularly nice after Jangaon.

Mobike, Rider and I kept together throughout and cruised along at a comfortable clip with short bursts of speed where the road and traffic conditions permitted us to do so. Sabby, Puzz & Puzz friend bunched up a few minutes behind us. Srimath decided to take things slow and brought up the rear.

On the way we passed Ghanpur and Mobike who was zooming along till then slowed down to pay his respects to the lost INR 3000. We also noted that the authorities took note of Mobike's plight and have put in a divider all through Ghanpur town so no more free moolah for our infamous auto driver cum actor par excellence.

Hotel City Grand in Warangal did a fabulous job and lived up to the hype we created thereby saving us face before the several newbies on the drive. The Fried Mutton and Gongura Mutton were excellent but the Kakatiya mutton outshone both of them.

I left early and breezed through the highway and took the yet to be completed Bhongir bypass to save some time only to be held up by the traffic jam in Uppal (caused by a truck that ran over a two wheeler in the morning, the truck was still in the middle of the road). Luckily I escaped that jam quickly and was home a shade before 7.00.

Come on junta - more enthu for drive meets please!

Cheers,
Old 7th February 2011, 19:28   #126
BHPian

Quote:

I enjoyed one of the best lunches in a long time. Gongura Mutton lived up to the hype and was simply outstanding. But, what i liked better was the Kakatiya Mutton Fry. It was so flavoursome, extremely spicy that it made our hair on our spine stand up. Absolutely loved this dish and i am going back only for these two dishes.

After a relaxed lunch over some lively conversation including sharing of several anecdotes, we dragged our satiated self's from the restuarant at 5:15pm.
Man I am drooling like any thing. Unfortunately It may take another few months before I can join you guys on such a gastronomic journey. In the mean time cheers for keeping the tempo high.
Old 7th February 2011, 19:50   #127
BHPian

Looks like you guys had fun. Unfortunately, I overslept on Sunday, and missed it Damn! And sorry for notifying late, got access to net just now.
Old 8th February 2011, 01:35   #128
BHPian

Re: Great meet

Quote:
These were the folks who finally enjoyed the drive meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
After a long time we did a drive meet and it turned out to be a great drive.
Hey guys, finally after being here in the forum for a while now, managed to get to participate for my first meet.
Truely had great fun and again like all of you mentioned.. food was AWESOME... all in all a great time.

Thanks you guys for letting me finally getting to be a part of what I have been missing out for a long time now..

Take care and catch you guys at the next meet.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th February 2011 at 12:43. Reason: Please do not quote large text quote, pictures and videos. Thanks!
Old 8th February 2011, 12:16   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have used this route a couple of times when i used to do plot searching most weekends.

It's quite confusing and if i am not wrong goes through ECIL campus, some green fields and finding the right to this route ( when coming from warangal) is the biggest trick as i know its a short lane.
That is correct. That fork is very easy to miss (both ways i.e. even on the Hyd - Warangal route)! There are actually two such easy-to-miss forks on that "interior" road all the way to Yadagirigutta.

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th February 2011, 13:04   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On the way we passed Ghanpur and Mobike who was zooming along till then slowed down to pay his respects to the lost INR 3000. We also noted that the authorities took note of Mobike's plight and have put in a divider all through Ghanpur town so no more free moolah for our infamous auto driver cum actor par excellence
Oh Yeah! I slowed down considerably and was on a keen look out for that autowallah so i can pay respects to him. I reckon he was on some other highway fleecing another unsuspecting car owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Man I am drooling like any thing. Unfortunately It may take another few months before I can join you guys on such a gastronomic journey. In the mean time cheers for keeping the tempo high.
You missed one of the best lunches. If i am not wrong you were there for last drive meet to Warangal? Come out of passive mode and get back into groove like you used to before.

Next abvious question. When is our next meet?
Old 9th February 2011, 16:43   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next abvious question. When is our next meet?
When: 10-02-2011 9.00 PM
What: Dinner Meet
Where: Sholay

Confirmed Attendees:
  1. Mobike008
  2. MileCruncher
  3. SilverWood

Please add your name and post further.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:54   #132
BHPian

Anything around the 12th of Feb?
Old 10th February 2011, 08:54   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Yeah! I slowed down considerably and was on a keen look out for that autowallah so i can pay respects to him. I reckon he was on some other highway fleecing another unsuspecting car owner
Quote:
Mobike who was zooming along till then slowed down to pay his respects to the lost INR 3000. We also noted that the authorities took note of Mobike's plight and have put in a divider all through Ghanpur town so no more free moolah for our infamous auto driver cum actor par excellence.
Someone, please enlighten me, I'm very curious!
Old 10th February 2011, 09:29   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Khalid bhai... woh ek bahut hi lambi chowdi kahani hai!
Aap Sholay meet pe chale jao, sab kuch full details ke saath batayenge!

P.S: I am already missing the hyderabad food!
Old 10th February 2011, 10:04   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Anything around the 12th of Feb?
If you are coming down let us know. PM'ing you my number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Khalid bhai... woh ek bahut hi lambi chowdi kahani hai!
Aap Sholay meet pe chale jao, sab kuch full details ke saath batayenge!
+1 to Nazim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
P.S: I am already missing the hyderabad food!
We'll courier on to pay basis if you want
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks