Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 14:22   #31
BHPian

Great will send my number right away
Old 8th April 2015, 14:23   #32
BHPian

re: Dubai Team-BHP meet

I'm fine with any location and time though my preference is Satwa. Isn't parking in IC hard to find on a Friday evening? Good to see a lot of activity on this thread.
Old 8th April 2015, 14:27   #33
BHPian

If it's a good Punjabi restaurant then even more interesting . Again ok with the majority.
Old 8th April 2015, 18:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Great will send my number right away
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
I'm fine with any location and time though my preference is Satwa. Isn't parking in IC hard to find on a Friday evening? Good to see a lot of activity on this thread.
Quote:
If it's a good Punjabi restaurant then even more interesting . Again ok with the majority.
Got your numbers and have requested the admin of whatsapp group to do the needful. Thanks guys for the prompt response. We should decide something by end of today or at least by tomorrow and post it up here.

Cheers!
Old 9th April 2015, 17:12   #35
BHPian

An update on the meet for anyone who checks out this thread before tomorrow, 10th Apr and wants to join.

Meet date and time : 10th April, Friday at 9:00 pm
Venue : 25.230846, 55.346630 (Festival city, Dubai)

Please feel free to drop by.

Cheers!
Old 10th April 2015, 03:30   #36
BHPian

Apart from the meet at Festival City, there will be an optional karting session at the Jebel Ali Karting Track at 6:30PM. Price is 50AED for 15mins. Open invitation.
Old 10th April 2015, 19:27   #37
BHPian

For the simple understanding of such poor souls as us, kindly name the place at Festival City apart from the coordinates. Thanks.
Old 10th April 2015, 19:55   #38
BHPian

Got the place. So is the meeting place at the Fisker dealership? Anyone coming!
Old 10th April 2015, 21:41   #39
BHPian

Hey it's at the parking lot I suppose. Think the coordinates will take you there
Old 11th April 2015, 13:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
For the simple understanding of such poor souls as us, kindly name the place at Festival City apart from the coordinates. Thanks.
Quote:
Got the place. So is the meeting place at the Fisker dealership? Anyone coming!

Hey Champion,

I was away from the internet world from the evening. I was driving. Did we miss meeting you? I have PMed you my number anyways so that we can add you up in our Whatsapp circle.

We will plan for a drive soon. It was a great meet though.

Quote:
Hey it's at the parking lot I suppose. Think the coordinates will take you there
You guys should have exchanged your numbers.
Old 11th April 2015, 14:05   #41
BHPian

Got your number Voyageur but that's a tad late. I was waiting at the Lotus dealership from 8-50 to 9-25pm with no sign of anybody around save for a lady-driven Infiniti I did message my number earlier and would have been happy to hear from you. Well I suppose there is always a next time.

So who all turned up and how did the meet go?
Old 12th April 2015, 00:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Got your number Voyageur but that's a tad late. I was waiting at the Lotus dealership from 8-50 to 9-25pm with no sign of anybody around save for a lady-driven Infiniti I did message my number earlier and would have been happy to hear from you. Well I suppose there is always a next time.

Really unfortunate that we couldn't meet you, the co-ordinates were for the parking lot by festival city. Anyway's next time.
We had 7 members and machines in total. Good meet, great talks and delicious dinner. Now the next plan is for a drive. Voyageur (Anoop) please post the pictures. TIA
Old 12th April 2015, 01:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly, a bunch of ex-BHPians from India, old members who are no longer active here, or have been banned or have just stayed away because they don't feel like they belong anymore, have been "meeting" in Dubai over the last 2-3 days. They're all over Dubai, driving Ferraris, Lambos, G55s and RR Sports that they have rented just for this 'meet' in Dubai.

That is the kind of spirit that brought people together in the old days - and still keeps them together despite not being on the forum anymore. More than 5-7 years since they had last been active on this forum, these petrolheads still keep in touch, plan and pull off such mad meets.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th April 2015 at 01:50.
Old 12th April 2015, 02:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Actually I still don't have your number. I don't think I received your message. Can you just PM me your number again? or now that you have my number, just leave me a text in Whatsapp, I'll add you up in the group there; that's where chai and discussions happen.

It was an amazing meet with lot of talks, amazing convoy and some good food. That was a perfect meet I guess.

Here are couple of pics from my end.

Dubai Team-BHP meet-tn_dsc_0194.jpg

Dubai Team-BHP meet-tn_dsc_0195.jpg

Dubai Team-BHP meet-tn_dsc_0196.jpg

Even in that 5 hour long chat, all I could click were these limited pic. And these pics were taken at 2 in the morning.

Hopefully we will be driving off to Kalba in May. We have time now to discuss and finalize the dates.

I am looking at the 1st May or 8th May for the drive. I think Kalba will be fun, plus we have experienced people who are thorough with the route.

So I would like to request everyone to start updating this thread so that we don't miss out no one this time.

Cheers!
Old 12th April 2015, 11:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Actually I still don't have your number. I don't think I received your message. Can you just PM me your number again? or now that you have my number, just leave me a text in Whatsapp, I'll add you up in the group there; that's where chai and discussions happen.

It was an amazing meet with lot of talks, amazing convoy and some good food. That was a perfect meet I guess.

Here are couple of pics from my end.

Attachment 1359756

Attachment 1359757

Attachment 1359758

Even in that 5 hour long chat, all I could click were these limited pic. And these pics were taken at 2 in the morning.

Hopefully we will be driving off to Kalba in May. We have time now to discuss and finalize the dates.

I am looking at the 1st May or 8th May for the drive. I think Kalba will be fun, plus we have experienced people who are thorough with the route.

So I would like to request everyone to start updating this thread so that we don't miss out no one this time.

Cheers!
my first meet ever being a member in the forum and it was really great fun. Excellent people, drive, food and some good gossips. Anoop, you don't like mazdas is it. i dont see my drive in any of the pics or was my parking spot wrong i am game for the next drive cum meet anytime. Keep this thread and meets alive

Most Viewed