Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Like i Said i am in but only for the drive after baginis.. let me know the time u guys will be there and i will come.. just let me know approx what time you guys are coming towards bagini....
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
This is not a professional event whatsoever ( no prices, nothing..
So it's free? On you? Wow, thanks!
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:31   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
So it's free? On you? Wow, thanks!
ok Mr. Oxford .. guys sorry for the typo its no prizes .. ya v1p3r its free.. Not the entrance to the track but a chance to look after our cars at the parking .. Actually we are the ones supposed to be thanking you ..
Old 4th January 2006, 03:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

See you on Sunday, guys....Nitin, Hard Cases on Saturday evening ?

Psycho I hear you have a possible 'solution'.

Gnite...time to board!
Old 4th January 2006, 16:05   #35
Team-BHP Support

Yes, I should be able to make this one. Never driven a go-kart before except in DisneyWorld, that one was speed limited.
Old 4th January 2006, 16:27   #36
BANNED

great going guys !!!!

ok i didnt quite expect such an overwhelming response from all u guys out there .. Sounds like this is going to be one hellava meet filled with fun and frolly ..

So far the guys who have confirmed are : v1p3r, nitin , steeroid , samurai , shan2nu , wolf , gray , anush , suhas , psycho , joz , satan , vasu , darshan (the surprise in store for u all ) , islandman , haque , lastly myself mclaren .. Thats brings the number to 17 right now .. Im looking fwd to make that number reach 20 so that we can have a go .. There a few guys who are yet to confirm , so i guess the numbers can only increase ..

Venue: Patel's Inn ..
Time : yet to be decided ( gotto have the race sometime in the afternoon to have the track to ourselves).. So request u all to be on time and kindly co-operate with the timings..

Rules : A set of 5 cars will take part in a race lasting for 10 mins each .. Starting grid will be chosen on chit system .. No winners will be declared but the fastest lap times will be put up for everyone to see .. 5 mins for changeover btwn each race .. So effictively we should be done within 1hrs time ..

Rates : Track will be hired at an hourly basis at 6.5 k for 5 karts .. So all will have to share the costs equally and request all to kindly co-operate in this regard too ..

Go-kart specs : 5 bhp karts , top speed of 60 kmph .. So nothing to worry about .. All that one needs to participate is the spirit , no prior karting talent required .. First timers will be given a crash course by the marshals on track ..

if anyone has better ideas,ur welcome to suggest the same .. Qualifying was a part of our initial plan but due to time constraints we had to scrap it ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th January 2006 at 16:32.
Old 4th January 2006, 17:51   #37
Joz
BHPian

So this is on 8th right? my wife would most probably be there too.. actually she wants to meet psycho... to see if she can get some used nuts and bolts from his garage...apparently to make some art stuff with it. And yeah, 360 degree spins come naturally to her when it comes to carting. Mclaren shall pm my nuber to you. Do let know if there is any last minute change.

Ciao.
Old 4th January 2006, 17:59   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
So this is on 8th right? my wife would most probably be there too.. actually she wants to meet psycho... to see if she can get some used nuts and bolts from his garage...apparently to make some art stuff with it. And yeah, 360 degree spins come naturally to her when it comes to carting. Mclaren shall pm my nuber to you. Do let know if there is any last minute change.

Ciao.
yes Joz it will be on the 8th as its convenient to most.. We would be glad to have ur wife along too .. Listen up guys all those of u who want to bring ur near and dear ones along are most welcome .. Just make sure that psycho doesnt turn u both to nuts and bolts ( as in complete car fanatics,not that u already arent ) like the way he has done to us .. Hehe just kidding uncle ..
Old 4th January 2006, 18:14   #39
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Hehe just kidding uncle ..
Did u just call me uncle....wait till you see me... u would be shocked
Old 4th January 2006, 18:19   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Did u just call me uncle....wait till you see me... u would be shocked
No no that was for someone else.. We have group here who are often referred to as UNCLE's.. Starting with Rudra Uncle , Samurai Uncle , Nitin Uncle , Steeroid Uncle , Keshav Uncle ... All bcoz they are elder to me and my parents ask me to call them so .. Gotto obey them right ?? Also all those who will be called uncle by either v1p3r or me join the club irrespective of age ..
Old 4th January 2006, 18:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Can't you get it below 6.5k?

Last edited by v1p3r : 4th January 2006 at 19:01.
Old 4th January 2006, 19:39   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Can't you get it below 6.5k?
well those are the standard rates im told .. Well if u could kindly put ur strength to use and get to my place we can see if ur negotiating skills can being used for something worthy .. Will try and further get the rates down ..
Old 5th January 2006, 08:48   #43
BHPian

Rahul, let me know in advance when you are scheduling it. Will drop in for sure. How do yuo get to Patel's inn?
Old 5th January 2006, 09:11   #44
BHPian

This is Reall BAD...
i am flying to Hyd on 7th afternoon...
my badluck is very bad...
Old 5th January 2006, 09:30   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
Rahul, let me know in advance when you are scheduling it. Will drop in for sure. How do yuo get to Patel's inn?
hey harrie !!! Are u in bangalore ??? even if ur not im sure u will drive down just to spend some time with us .. Bring bhabhi also (look guys harrie still remembers us , though he did disappear all this while after getting married).. It will be scheduled on the 8th , but time as of now not yet decided .. Im yet to confirm the timings as those guys are a bit hesitant to give out the track on a sunday at peak hours and loose their regular customers .. But it will be held btwn 2 pm to 4:30 pm for sure ..

PS : i dont have ur cell number .. could u kindly PM it to me so that i can get in touch with u ..

Most Viewed