Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2006, 17:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls
Ludhiana isn't that bad.

If any of you guys come to Ludhiana plz call me on 98726 40306.
I'd be happy to show you guys a few good shops...
You do get good brands like kicker, jbl, premier etc here...
oh......really?
2 days back i went to Ludhiana and i was very much disappointed with what the shpos were selling in this very rich city.They all have stacked sony,pio stuff and cheap [price and look wise] chinese amp kit and other wiring stuff.

When i asked about best spk wire,they gave me two bundles of wire[one white and other grey].They said its imported and is used with pio spk.

When i mentioned somethinmg called BELDEN wire,they made all kinds of faces[just see right of text when u write post to this forum].They have never heard of this brand.It was near gill chowk.

Then i went to meena bazar and out of 20 shops i went to,only one [yp or yk] had heard of it and said its very expensive and no body uses it here.

And no one had terminals and plugs,not even brass one,not to talk about gold-plated.

I wonder what they do to merc,BMW and other expensive cars which r plenty in Ludhiana.

Anyway do tell me if u know any good installer.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 7th January 2006 at 17:30.
Old 7th January 2006, 22:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
And no one had terminals and plugs,not even brass one,not to talk about gold-plated.
RSJ...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../azcompenc.jpg
Old 8th January 2006, 02:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
lol smart thing - not buying the "twister" stuff lol

Audison cabling is very good quality-you cant go wrong with it.
And lots of bose stuff....wiring,amplifier.I saw ur JBL dealer in Jallandar [car seat in BMC chowk] trying to sell bose amp to two innocent customers for 8500.It was very cheap looking amp,like made of plastic.
I was just wondering he should have been selling pio,JBL,blaupunkt or even sony.
Old 8th January 2006, 02:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
gunbir cant pm u,delete some of ur msgs.Just emailed u.
Old 8th January 2006, 17:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
oh......really?
2 days back i went to Ludhiana and i was very much disappointed with what the shpos were selling in this very rich city.They all have stacked sony,pio stuff and cheap [price and look wise] chinese amp kit and other wiring stuff.

When i asked about best spk wire,they gave me two bundles of wire[one white and other grey].They said its imported and is used with pio spk.

When i mentioned somethinmg called BELDEN wire,they made all kinds of faces[just see right of text when u write post to this forum].They have never heard of this brand.It was near gill chowk.

Then i went to meena bazar and out of 20 shops i went to,only one [yp or yk] had heard of it and said its very expensive and no body uses it here.

I wonder what they do to merc,BMW and other expensive cars which r plenty in Ludhiana.

Happens everytime.

Don't worry. Call me the next time and I will hook u up with good guys.
U can call me now.
Old 8th January 2006, 18:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Happens everytime.

Don't worry. Call me the next time and I will hook u up with good guys.
U can call me now.

Thanx SS.....well,i have all the stuuf,just looking for installer who can do a deceny job.Can u name some good installer?I will be in LDH next sat'day or Sunday.
Old 9th January 2006, 17:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
oh......really?

Just noticed the places you mentioned.
Probably the worst here in Ldh.

No prob. I'll show you around the next time.
Provided you know where to look, you will find even high quality wires containing gold. Trust Me.

PM me your number or call me now and we I can guide you easily instead of hijacking this thread....
Old 9th January 2006, 18:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Just noticed the places you mentioned.
Probably the worst here in Ldh.

No prob. I'll show you around the next time.
Provided you know where to look, you will find even high quality wires containing gold. Trust Me.

PM me your number or call me now and we I can guide you easily instead of hijacking this thread....
LOL.I was told that these places r the best.
anyway u can mention atleast places where i can install/modify my car audio system.Do write it plz as i will be in LDH this sat'day/sunday.Dont be afraid of naming them
U can name them as there is one thread g'on......places for car accessories shops.
Old 9th January 2006, 19:09   #39
Team-BHP Support

I belong to ludhiana(hometown). The places there are bad, real bad. But there is one shop in the feroz gandhi market which is better. He will give you crappy stuff by default, but if you ask for specific brands then you can get good stuff. In ludhiana most people want thump thump sound from their cars, the quality can go to hell, and the market caters to them
I dont know the shop name, but the guy there is Bobby. As for the location its in the line of shops giving audio equipment. When you are coming from ferozpur road from bharatnagar chowk, you will see feroz gandhi market to your left. Police has sealed all entry points to the market from that side, so you have to locate an entry. Due to this business has suffered so you get great deals. So from ferozpur road you look left you will see the Garewalz hotel(I think its chaged to holiday inn now). Little ahead you will see a bus stop to your left and there in straight line of sight you will see those shops. Park your car and walk to the market. When entered from this side its among the first couple of shops, right next to a used car dealer.
Old 9th January 2006, 19:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I belong to ludhiana(hometown). The places there are bad, real bad. But there is one shop in the feroz gandhi market which is better. He will give you crappy stuff by default, but if you ask for specific brands then you can get good stuff. In ludhiana most people want thump thump sound from their cars, the quality can go to hell, and the market caters to them
I dont know the shop name, but the guy there is Bobby. As for the location its in the line of shops giving audio equipment. When you are coming from ferozpur road from bharatnagar chowk, you will see feroz gandhi market to your left. Police has sealed all entry points to the market from that side, so you have to locate an entry. Due to this business has suffered so you get great deals. So from ferozpur road you look left you will see the Garewalz hotel(I think its chaged to holiday inn now). Little ahead you will see a bus stop to your left and there in straight line of sight you will see those shops. Park your car and walk to the market. When entered from this side its among the first couple of shops, right next to a used car dealer.

thanx man.....i thought LDH being a rich city should be having good installer and good stuff but these guys have never heard of some good stuff.

I have almost bought what i need though still looking for good installer.
i have spent my best part of life,5 1/2 yrs, in LDH so know quite a lot abt it especially area u mentioned.[though not individual shops]
Talking abt garewalz,well..i have some sweet [rather bitter ] memories of it as first time i tasted GF and CR there only.

for gunbir--I just talked to hyundai man and discussed abt installation in detail.I think these knows quite a bit and most probably go there.he will charge 600 rs.150 rs install was only for HU+front spk.
Old 9th January 2006, 21:02   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

i would have loved to visit the auto expo in the business hours but i dont have any off on any of the weekdays this month so will visit the expo on next sunday,i expect bhpiians to post a detailed review with snaps.
Old 10th January 2006, 20:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979

Most probably you are talking about bansal accesories..

Anyways,
To tell the real truth,
well yes, here SPL does take prime position....but situation is fast catching up,
That is exactly why these audio shops have been forced to stock up good brands like jbl, kicker etc. and finally do agree
that running components upfront is a good way to boost quality.
Plus, since the shopkeepers keep going to singapore, malaysia etc. on monthly basis. Thus, for a small fee, you can order any part/brand you want....

Anyways, these guys don't concern me. I believe that if you are through with your knowledge and have done your homework, then one place is as good as other....
You buy products of your choice and get them installed the way you want on your intructions....
No problem.
Old 10th January 2006, 21:06   #43
Team-BHP Support

Nope, not that. Its next to a dhaba which is visible from ferozpur road.
But due to low demand you wont really get good cables and all, though you may get good equipment
Old 11th January 2006, 12:41   #44
BHPian

Hmm.. ok I'll ckeck out the place.

Getting good cables shouldn't be much of a problem. Just order them and they should be here in a short time.

Most Viewed