Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 07:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: FFoF ! Or Ford Figo on Fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
I hope something good comes out of this for an otherwise nice (*my opinion based on looks please !*) ...
The sentence highlighted in bold, above, in the earlier post may please be read as:
"I hope something good comes out of this for an otherwise nice car (*my opinion based on looks please !*)..."

Sorry !

Last edited by Guderian : 2nd May 2011 at 07:17.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

I dont really have any other theory to add beyond what have already been suggested and discussed. Probably only way to be certain would be a forensic chemical analysis to find out the source of fire or catalyst which I am sure ford wont do .

The main thing I wanted to contribute was the contact to Ford India customer care. My experience with them has been very good so far and they have been very prompt in addressing the concerns I had around my Ikon or dealership in the past. Not specific to this issue only, but in general Ford vehicle owners can use this to escalate any problems that are not being handled well at dealer level

custmail@ford.com,
call toll free 18004252500 |
6000-2500 ( Add STD code of your state capital )
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I dont really have any other theory to add beyond what have already been suggested and discussed. Probably only way to be certain would be a forensic chemical analysis to find out the source of fire or catalyst which I am sure ford wont do .

The main thing I wanted to contribute was the contact to Ford India customer care. My experience with them has been very good so far and they have been very prompt in addressing the concerns I had around my Ikon or dealership in the past. Not specific to this issue only, but in general Ford vehicle owners can use this to escalate any problems that are not being handled well at dealer level

custmail@ford.com,
call toll free 18004252500 |
6000-2500 ( Add STD code of your state capital )
Hi supertinu, Thanks for sharing your experience as well as your point of view on the incident.
I am sure lots of other Ford vehicle/s owners will find the numbers provided by you very useful ! Thanks for sharing the same.
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,
I have now received the pictures from my friend as they were working at the ASC to set his Figo right.

And these snaps would clarify what really happened, I suppose !

1. Shot of the space behind the fender liner and above the mud flap. Seen here this is the new mud flap. The old one was broken and had disintegrated. Quite clear that the broken mud flap would have created a gap between the fender liner and the metal body. Note the burn marks in the background.
FFoF ! Or Ford Figo on Fire...-figo-4.jpg

2. A shot just above the mud flap. Note the burnt area.
FFoF ! Or Ford Figo on Fire...-figo-3.jpg

3. The foam. Charred ? Burnt ? Smouldered ?
Lake your pick !
Name:  Figo 2.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  47.8 KB

4. The fender liner or wheel well liner. This was deformed and some portions showed burn evidence. Otherwise quite intact. Bore the heat of smouldering well perhaps ?
FFoF ! Or Ford Figo on Fire...-figo-1.jpg

With these snaps I guess it is clear as to what really happened. To my mind - it is exactly as I thought it was - as mentioned in my first post on this thread.

A question also arises on the quality of the PUF insert perhaps. I guess that is one item that seems to show evidence of having got burnt the most - possibly through smouldering.

Thanks for all the contributions here so far.

Counter points and discussions anyone ?

Last edited by Guderian : 3rd May 2011 at 11:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks