Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 00:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xylo - 54000 Kms - Engine Issues!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
short of writing skills, just putting down my recent experience:

Using a right allen key, you can typically adjust the focus with the screw on the HL assembly. But he advised not to touch that screw since that may actually damage the motor's lever! So be it.
Hi Pranav,
How do you do manual adjustment of the headlight? One of my head light is out of focus and needs correction. I tried adjusting the head lamp leveler but hardly made any difference. Is there an adjustment possible other than on the leveler. Which screws are you referring to. Can you post some snaps if possible?
Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 22:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Hi Pranav,
How do you do manual adjustment of the headlight? One of my head light is out of focus and needs correction. I tried adjusting the head lamp leveler but hardly made any difference. Is there an adjustment possible other than on the leveler. Which screws are you referring to. Can you post some snaps if possible?
Thanks
Hi. I believe most of the head lights have such provision for manual adjustment; apart from the mandated head light leveller switch found on the dash.

taken pics from my xylo - the Yellow pointer is that screw. but as I said earlier, use caution.

Name:  20120315033 Small.jpg
Views: 4840
Size:  38.4 KB
Mahindra Xylo - 54000 Kms - Engine Issues!!!-20120315034-small.jpg
Mahindra Xylo - 54000 Kms - Engine Issues!!!-20120315035-small.jpg

also for your ref : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...tomobiles.html

regards,
Old 16th March 2012, 12:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi. I believe most of the head lights have such provision for manual adjustment; apart from the mandated head light leveller switch found on the dash.
Thanks Pranav. I think mine doesn't have the same leveling motor assembly as yours. It doesn't have those allen screw instead it has a hole there. I tried adjusting with a star screw driver. Though there is movement, but its negligible. Any way thank you for the info.
Ajith
Old 11th April 2012, 21:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnypt

Glad to hear the good news. Careful about your suspension, I have had a lot of issues with the suspension since the start. Once they lubricate and give back it is fine for sometime, but the noise starts again. Hope yours is fixed more permanently
You are right! Suspension noise is back but not very disturbing. Will wait for sometime and take it back to the service center.
Old 8th April 2013, 21:19   #65
BHPian

Does anyone know how much does it cost to repair the suspension? Mine is giving a lot of noise and looks like it needs to be repaired or replaced
Old 9th April 2013, 17:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Does anyone know how much does it cost to repair the suspension? Mine is giving a lot of noise and looks like it needs to be repaired or replaced
I guess the noise is due to faulty lower arm. Try to get it lubricated. This will push for another 3-4K kms. If not then replace the lower arm
Old 1st July 2013, 11:00   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnypt View Post
WOW that is truly something desertfox. The issues i have had with my Xylo AC was that everytime i drove to places like kerala from Bangalore where my AC would be on all the time then when i get back i get a hissing sound at times when i on the AC or at times the compressor starts and the cooling was pretty bad once i got back. Mahindra kept telling me that its a gas leak and a refill should be ok. each time they used to refill the gas in warranty. Finally after a few times of repeating this i told them that they need to have a permanent fix for this. They had the car for 2 days and said they fixed a leak in the AC. Issue was not seen anymore.

Then after finishing one or two services after that suddenly when the car was being dropped back to me, the service adviser said the AC seems fully blocked and that some work needs to be done. I drove the car and didnt notice any difference. They said the evaporator needs to be changed and that its a full days job. Gave them the car sometime later and they took a day more and when i got the car back the AC was blowing lot better and lot cooler. They said this is how it should actually be. I was very upset that for about 40000 kms not one person mentioned this to me and now they mentioned it. But anyways currently it seems fine for atleast the last 10000 kms

If Mahindra gives you anymore trouble, i would recommend emailing customercare@mahindra.com with your concerns. The mail goes to some very higher up in Mahindra Customer Care. Do let us know how it goes.
Can you please share how much did it cost you for this? I am having the exact same issue as we speak and want to get it rectified. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Can you please share how much did it cost you for this? I am having the exact same issue as we speak and want to get it rectified. Thanks.
Can't seem to remember how much it cost. Sorry. It was really a long time ago. But is your issue the exact same as mine? Which is your Service Station in Bangalore?
cinnypt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 14:07   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Can't seem to remember how much it cost. Sorry. It was really a long time ago. But is your issue the exact same as mine? Which is your Service Station in Bangalore?
I think it is the same. When I turn the AC on - I can hear the click sound (of AC turning off). The hissing sound follows that click. this happens over and over until I shut the AC off. The cooling was fine until this started to happen. I have seen the cooling intensity go down since I have started seeing this problem.

My Service station is India Garage's ITPL location.
Old 1st July 2013, 16:53   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
I think it is the same. When I turn the AC on - I can hear the click sound (of AC turning off). The hissing sound follows that click. this happens over and over until I shut the AC off. The cooling was fine until this started to happen. I have seen the cooling intensity go down since I have started seeing this problem.

My Service station is India Garage's ITPL location.
Sounds like the same issue... Did they try to refill the AC gas? Just to confirm it is a gas leak... Any idea when this issue started?? Was it after a really long drive like in my case?
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like the same issue... Did they try to refill the AC gas? Just to confirm it is a gas leak... Any idea when this issue started?? Was it after a really long drive like in my case?
I dont think its a gas leak. This all started when my car started to smell like fish due to milk spill. In order to get rid of the odor, we used Baking soda - sprinkled it all over the place and left it out for some time. The smell is gone, but am sure some of that went into through the vent where air gets sucked in.

Am seeing a bunch of videos on youtube on how to clean the evaporator coil and it seems messy. The shop folks are planning on charging me upwards of 10K to get the dashboard out and clean this stuff.
Old 9th July 2013, 18:47   #72
BHPian

sometime back, even in my Xylo I had AC problem of low cooling and hissing sound coming every few minutes. had multiple visits on workshop with following activities: leak check, gas re-chargings, expansion valve replace (warranty), evaporator replace (warranty), finally the problem was solved, by evaporator replace. but they billed for gas recharge (twice ~700) and once dashboard opening (~2500).

after switching off the AC (recirculation and AC buttons), when I used to shut-off the fan, it used to halt (brake) with ggrrrr frictional sound. got the in-cabin filter and blower motor cleaned with pressurized air - solved. cost = appx 400.

but even today, when starting AC, I notice a mild hissing sound (just like starting of a small engine!), but thats it. the kut (tuk) sound happens whenever there is a auto cut-off happening by the compressor. these are normal behavior, in the AC-Low mode. you can notice in the Hi mode, the cut-off happens over a long period and hence maybe you get extended cooling.

I had asked two workshops of "AC Service", both quoting ~5500 and replied of cleaning condenser by air, recharge of gas, cleaning of evaporator/coil !! havnt dont this yet, as not convinced on the services performed.

condenser (& radiator) cleaning should be regularly done: remove the front bumper and blow pressured air from inside and outside the engine bay, to throw away dust. worst case, you can direct the air pipe behind the radiator fan to throw dust outside, without removing bumper. but for evaporator, I believe you need to remove the entire dashboard because of its odd placement inside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks