Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 09:36   #46
BANNED

Re: Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)

TVS - Autolec are still made. I bought 3 pumps in '09 thinking they will go out of stock. But thats not the case.

Edit: PAVAN KADAM: Thanks for the detailed info. Tussi great ho ji!

Last edited by EARTHed : 16th May 2011 at 09:39.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

True, the packaging i saw was dated Nov 2010. So this means i don't have to hurry in this regard.
BTW recently a Suspension spider kit was sold here for 700 Rs claiming that its the only piece left in Lko.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:47   #48
BANNED

Spider kit scracity is there. Pick it up. Brands available here is Ganesh or Lakshmi or something like that.
Old 16th May 2011, 10:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Spider kit scracity is there. Pick it up. Brands available here is Ganesh or Lakshmi or something like that.
Where in the world are we getting Lakshmi brand, if you have acces then please get me one set.

Lakshmi were OEM and if one gets it take it asap. Allena is also good brand after the Lakshmi.

What you get now is Kafila and Ganesh, both are kaam chalau. Also Just wanted to ask you if rane make tie rod and ball joints are available for our Fiats. I recently got a xyz brand for my car which I have doubts on performance.
Old 17th May 2011, 20:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sagar - I just went through this thread. Your restoration seems to be going good, very systematically and correctly.

It's been a long time since I saw a nice Maroon PP - your babe's going to be one hell of a Padmini ! Good luck to you, and do write in if there's anything I could do. (I'm looking for what you've PMed me about!!)

Are you planning to give her a classic Fiat look - or is she going to be a completely Oh-Ree-G-Nal Padmini ??
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 21:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Where in the world are we getting Lakshmi brand, if you have acces then please get me one set.

Lakshmi were OEM and if one gets it take it asap. Allena is also good brand after the Lakshmi.

What you get now is Kafila and Ganesh, both are kaam chalau. Also Just wanted to ask you if rane make tie rod and ball joints are available for our Fiats. I recently got a xyz brand for my car which I have doubts on performance.
Allenna? , I dont think they manufecture anything now, they are into importing parts and selling them , but for you here is the number of ALLENNA owner at opera house, his name is Raam Singh you may qoute my name to him as Iqbal Singh , Iknow the family for a quite a long time.The Number is 02223860831.Regards....
Ravi ji this info will be of great help to all your FIATIANS
Old 17th May 2011, 22:31   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey Sagar - I just went through this thread. Your restoration seems to be going good, very systematically and correctly.

It's been a long time since I saw a nice Maroon PP - your babe's going to be one hell of a Padmini ! Good luck to you, and do write in if there's anything I could do. (I'm looking for what you've PMed me about!!)

Are you planning to give her a classic Fiat look - or is she going to be a completely Oh-Ree-G-Nal Padmini ??
Thanks a lot Ravi bhai i hope this systematic approach continues till the end and things don't get messed up. Need your support and wishes for the same.
I too hope it turns out good. Will surely inform you if i need something (apart from the list I PMed you.)
Regarding the look i am planning to keep her as stock as possible. Keeping that in mind i have even salvaged original rexine and various odd OEM bits/parts which the car came with though i may consider some classic look options for sometime. Do share what sort of classic look can be given to S1 considering now its lost its identity.(i mean removal of badges)

Last edited by samsag12 : 17th May 2011 at 22:34.
Old 17th May 2011, 23:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Iqbal bhai, for the phone number.
Some of these old-timers can be very generous with their help. I remember, when I was doing up MRX 6839, I happened to call the "Sweet Trade" number. To my surprise, the owner himself spoke to me, and had very kind words for me.. He gave me valuable information on where at Opera House I could get old spares - which I did !

Sagar, is it true that the S1 badge can't be removed and refitted on another car (as it is a sticker) ? If not, then there is still hope - I still do see the odd car / taxi chugging along in Mumbai, with the S1 stickering on her boot.

If not, you could certainly give her a classic Padmini look - with the original Premier Padmini 'Special' or 'Deluxe' monograms. I'm sure these will be available, and will look real cool.

Or maybe you could give her an "uber-cool" imported look, with SS side trims, crommodora grille, and Fiat logo. (your call, he he !)

Here are a couple of pictures I found. One of a Station wagon, but with a shade close to yours. And the other of a scale model that you MUST try to get hold of, once your car's done up. Good luck !!
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-1100.jpg  

Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-1100-model.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 17th May 2011 at 23:18.
Old 18th May 2011, 11:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ravi bhai the S1 dicky badges are Aluminum plate stick on types which once removed can't be reused. Prying them out itself damages them. I have a few which i took out from scrapped cars apart from a few new sets. Have a look.
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-cx.jpg

Apart from the S1 parts i managed to get some very rare parts for my conversion project, which includes Aluminum Tail lamp 1pc, aluminum (PA embossed) front park light fitting, etc.
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-untitled.jpg
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-sd.jpg
Thanks for posting the pics of the Maroon wagon and scale model. I am inclined on procuring a Fiat 1100 Scale model but the ones available (you too have few na) are very costly compared to their size.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Aluminum Tail lamp 1pc, aluminum (PA embossed) front park light fitting, etc.
Are that Aluminium tail light give it to me na please, that the only thing I am lacking for my cars exterior. Even if it is one piece. I will chalow my kaam.

As for the badges there is a 3M double sided tape available, which is specifically for fixing badges.

@ Iqbal praji: Thanks for the contact information. I will contact the owner for my requirment.

Last edited by manishalive : 18th May 2011 at 12:30.
Old 18th May 2011, 14:16   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Where in the world are we getting Lakshmi brand, if you have acces then please get me one set. Lakshmi were OEM and if one gets it take it asap. Allena is also good brand after the Lakshmi.
Dear Manish - Lakshmi was never OE. Allena is still worse. If somebody is telling you that Lakshmi was OE, he is not correct. OE spiders are impossible to buy today. You will not get OE spiders for love of money. In January 2007, I paid dirty money to buy the last two OE spider sets. One of these is in the left hand drive, the other is with me at home. Rane tie rod ends and ball joints are also very rare to get these days.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 18th May 2011, 14:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Manish - Lakshmi was never OE. Allena is still worse. If somebody is telling you that Lakshmi was OE, he is not correct. OE spiders are impossible to buy today. You will not get OE spiders for love of money. In January 2007, I paid dirty money to buy the last two OE spider sets.
Sir, whats the best alternative brand thats available in the market today? As far as I know only 2 brands are available in Bangalore. Allena and Kafila.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Manish - Lakshmi was never OE. Allena is still worse. If somebody is telling you that Lakshmi was OE, he is not correct. OE spiders are impossible to buy today. You will not get OE spiders for love of money. In January 2007, I paid dirty money to buy the last two OE spider sets. One of these is in the left hand drive, the other is with me at home. Rane tie rod ends and ball joints are also very rare to get these days.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram Sir,

I stand corrected, I provided the wrong info. Here is the Info by adheesh which i was refering too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...future-12.html

I am so badly in need of these components as the original ones on my car are shot. Presently I am to use Ganesh brand spiders.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Some recent happenings on S1. The left side tinkering is also complete. With this the job of tinkering is almost complete, will inspect the car thoroughly today for any imperfections in sheet metal, welded areas, areas still to be worked upon etc.
I need some suggestions on fitting a radio antenna and would appreciate if i can have different views on this. Don't want to fit a van one on A pillar.
One thing more lately i have been observing that the wheels have a slight negative camber. I was wondering what can be done to correct it. Guys please suggest something in this regard. Should i need to get the suspension checked.

PICTORIAL UPDATES

Insides of the door replaced.
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-image0940.jpg

Front cross member fully replaced as it was corroded from beneath.
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-image0942.jpg
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-image0943.jpg
Old 19th May 2011, 14:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

I inquired about the shade today and was told that the nearest match to Royal maroon shade will be IMPERIAL MAROON shade of Premier 118NE. The colour code is 03 6505 which is a darker shade in a lot of 2. The other shade bearing the same name was a little reddish.
Now i need some urgent help regarding this. Please can anybody confirm if this would be the nearest match. DHABHAR Sir please help me out.

Most Viewed