Team-BHP - Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/100901-tata-safari-technical-specifications-feature-list.html)

Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.

IMP : Please list out any errors in the following sheet; your contribution will greatly help the community, other BHPians & guests. You can point out corrections on this thread itself. Thank you!

Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List-safarispec01.jpg

Tata Safari - Technical Specifications & Feature List-safarifeat01.jpg

Kerb weight of 2040 Kgs is too heavy I believe, can be wrong data, looks more like GVW to me. Please check.

Spike

It's really nice.

It would be great if you could also include the prices (inclusive of on road prices) of the car. It can be for any one city; say New Delhi.

Another key information which you may consider giving is the colours available. At times we have different colours for different variants:Frustrati

Some corrections
1. Its LX,EX,GX,VX
2. EX 4x4, GX 4x4 and VX 4x4 have different kerb weights from their 4x2 versions.

Please look at the specs attached. these are from owners manual, and have the technical details. For Trim levels you can look at the brochure from the website.
SafariDicor_specs.pdf

SafariPetrol_specs.pdf

Regarding rear Air con vents, all variants have those. However EX,GX,VX have roof air conditional unit extra(cooling coils included)

Dicor weighs 2170 Kgs (Kerb)? pretty high by SUV standards. Scorpio weighs 1920 Kgs (Kerb). No wonder!

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2344320)
Dicor weighs 2170 Kgs (Kerb)? pretty high by SUV standards. Scorpio weighs 1920 Kgs (Kerb). No wonder!

Spike

Safari 4x2 weighs 2040kgs, about 120 more than Scorpio 2WD.
I think you are comparing 4x4 weight with 4x2 weight.

@Stratos.
Please add rear air con vents to all variants.
Additional on EX,GX,VX is Rear Roof AC unit.

Armrests are available in all variants of Safari. However, it is not Center Armrest. Safari has Individual Arm Rest for Driver and Passenger seats.
Rear seat has center Armrest.

One more thing: LX does not have Key Less Entry. It only have Central Locking.

Atleast for this car I broke ARAI average. Maximum I got 14.21 KMPL in Safari during my Rameshwaram trip. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2344205)
Kerb weight of 2040 Kgs is too heavy I believe, can be wrong data, looks more like GVW to me. Please check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2344320)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 2344874)
Safari 4x2 weighs 2040kgs, about 120 more than Scorpio 2WD.
I think you are comparing 4x4 weight with 4x2 weight.

No Sirji, I was comparing 4x4, see my second post. Scorpio 2WD is 1850 kgs (baseline data). Anyways, the PDF file attached by you has cleared my queries. Thanks!

Spike

Regarding convinience.
You can add "Puddle lamps" to all variants
You can also add "Auto down Power windows" to all variants.

Also there are no parking sensors, there is a reverse camera.

Other than that you can add
"Fog Lamps" to EX,GX,VX

Tanveer, the GX comes with parking sensors and no reverse camera! Also, the VX 4x2 and 4x4 come with headrest mounted LCD screens along with a DVD capable headunit. The VX also comes with iPod connectivity cable. The number of speakers on the VX atleast is 4 speakers and 2 tweeters.

Thanks for updating SumitB!
Even the EX comes with iPod cable. As for speakers and tweeters, its same for all variants (EX and above).

I am uploading e-brochure and price list of Tata Safari. This will help members/guests to find all info at same place.

For prices click here Tata Safari