Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 12:25   #4036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Scorpio sle, there is a shudder at 1800 rpm no matter which gear. The front right of dash plastic and front glass vibrate. Once it crosses 2k rpm it goes off. Any insights.
If it is gear independent, then it may be engine mounts going soft. The vibration of the dash is just the effect, and I would go and remedy the cause. Any way if nothing works, as suggested, you can pad the dash, and change the felt pads in the glass channel.
Old 19th May 2015, 20:51   #4037
BHPian

Hi guys. While coming back from work today the yellow light ABS came on and stayed on.I got the beast washed just before leaving. The brake pads are new. What could be the probable reason for this? Is it something serious that needs to be addressed immediately.
Old 19th May 2015, 22:22   #4038
BHPian

Update on my Scorpio’s ‘Engine Check’ light issue.

I got the vehicle checked by my trusted mechanic and it turned out that the culprit was likely a spurious oil change by authorised service station called ‘Bajrang Auto’ in Haldwani. On December 31st, 2014, I was returning from the hills and since the vehicle was due for a service, and I had a lot of busy days ahead, I stopped by at this authorised service centre and got the essential service, i.e., Oil change, Air filter and Diesel Filter replacement done in front of me. What I did not realise, despite having run it for almost 7000km after this, that this establishment short charged by apparently putting recycled/retreaded oil. This was found when the oil was found to be lacking lubricating power. This apparently caused the vacuum modulator to go dry and made the ‘engine check’ light come on.

I got the oil and filter changed, cleared the water in the diesel filter and got the errors diagnosed and reset. The errors were:
P0299-Turbo Malfunction
P02265-Water in fuel system
P0087-Fuel Rail System Sensor

The ‘Engine Check’ light has gone away and the car’s performance seems to have improved. Needless to say, I am very disappointed and upset with the fraud being carried out by Mahindra’s Authorised Service stations on an essential item like Engine Oil, and that too right under their customer’s noses. It points to the pathetic situation in our industry, society and our business environment in general. I think the industry has now entered a stage where it is beginning to chisel off its customer’s flesh to maintain profitability.

Since Bajrang Auto never gave me a receipt (reported malfunction of their printer) and did not heed the request for sending a scanned copy either, it points clearly to a ‘daal mien kala’ that they were apprehensive in issuing a bill and did this fiendish act knowing well that I was an outstation customer and will likely not trace the issues arising later out of their deeds.

Henceforth, I plan to get the engine oil replacement done by myself every 5k for next few services. To all my fellow friends reading this post, I implore never to get any work done by cheats like Bajrang Auto in Haldwani and to be extra wary when they leave their vehicles with any ASS. Similarly, I wouldn’t trust Koncept folks here in Noida since they did not bother to dig into the problem and focused only on insisting to replace a part that wasn’t really the problem to start with.

Mahindra: If you care for your customers, please pull up your socks and put your dealers and ASS in-line. I am sure there will be plenty of disgruntled customers going by the experience I have had.
Hoopoe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 01:38   #4039

Good to know that finally your problem is resolved ! I agree with you on the pathetic state of Mahindra Authorized Service centers.
I have been driving Scorpio for almost 10 years and not even single time i came out satisfied from the Authorized service center. For the last few years i am using the local mechanic services who pretty much do what needed to be done. The only reason I don't want to buy Mahindra's vehicles now is because of their pathetic service centers. I am one of their Genuinely disheartened customer!
lalitmbhagat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 01:47   #4040

Disgusting... I faced when I had the truck's first sevice at Manali. The folks back at Shri Durga Automobiles refused to acknowledge the first sevice... Same reason - the ASS at Naggar Manali didn't have a functional printer... Only after repeatedly requesting the ASC and coordinating with the ASS at Kullu a job card was opened and I finally got the 2nd Free service a day after...
Nikhil_Kapil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 07:38   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitmbhagat View Post
The only reason I don't want to buy Mahindra's vehicles now is because of their pathetic service centers. I am one of their Genuinely disheartened customer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_Kapi
I faced when I had the truck's first sevice at Manali. The folks back at Shri Durga Automobiles refused to acknowledge the first sevice... Same reason - the ASS at Naggar Manali didn't have a functional printer... Only after repeatedly requesting the ASC and coordinating with the ASS at Kullu a job card was opened and I finally got the 2nd Free service a day after...
This is my second Scorpio in last 8 years—speaks volume about my love for the vehicle! Undoubtedly, it is an excellent piece of machinery available but Mahindra seems to have dragged itself into the model of lower end segment's high volume game without doing sprucing up its customer service model. I think today Maruti Suzuki, despite the humongous service and sales network, fares better in terms of their service quality despite the comparatively lower margins. I don't think even loving customers would want to repeat this sort of experience by buying Mahindra again and they will lose the lucrative upper-end market and will fall back on the smaller commercial vehicle segment—till Toyota or Nissan enter that market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Can you share the error code that showed up on scanning?
Hi SS, I shared the codes in my previous posts.

BTW, I have also had this problem that the engine makes a clattering noise at startup. This has been there from the beginning. At startup for a few seconds before the oil pump kicks-in the engine would sound very harsh and then the oil lamp goes off and everything becomes normal. In my old scorpio this wasn't the case (it had another problem that the battery charging remaining on till accelerator was pressed gently).

Of late this clattering sometimes goes on for as much as 10 seconds before the oil pump kicks in—mostly when the engine is hot.

Can you or someone enlighten me about what the issue might be and whether this is normal.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th May 2015 at 09:16. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts, created within the 30 mins timeframe.
Old 20th May 2015, 10:43   #4042
BHPian

There is one word answer for the Team BHP Thread ' Mahindra Scorpio: Issues and Solutions'. That is Mahindra After Sales Service (MASS).

Everytime any Mahindra vehicle come out of MASS, the probability of having an issue with the vehicle is very high, speaking from experience with me and my friends.

Key to solving the issue is finding an independent garage which is competent enough by having spare parts and knowledgeable technicians. For spareparts, most of the Bosch service centers should be fine, and the price of the spare parts there are also much lesser compared to the MASS.

I stopped going to Mahindra Authorised service centers for the periodic service of my vehicle, just due to the issue they create on a vehicle which goes in for a periodic check/service. No quality check, supervision taking place there.
Old 20th May 2015, 11:02   #4043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Everytime any Mahindra vehicle come out of MASS, the probability of having an issue with the vehicle is very high, speaking from experience with me and my friends.
Absolutely agree with you, for the last 2 years the only time my Scorpio has gone to MASS is for free camps where only a physical check is done. I am getting all my work done either through a local garage which has proven pretty reliable till now and whatever I can manage on my own is being done through DIY.
Old 30th May 2015, 12:22   #4044
BHPian

Hi recent issue since yesterday night. When i turn down the key to switch off the engine. The engine keeps running. Lights ac everything turns down except the engine. Any hints or experience?
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:04   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Hi recent issue since yesterday night. When i turn down the key to switch off the engine. The engine keeps running. Lights ac everything turns down except the engine. Any hints or experience?
Has the problem resolved? If so, what was the cause in this case. This is the first I see such a case.
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:31   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Has the problem resolved? If so, what was the cause in this case. This is the first I see such a case.
Hi G2 the issue is resolved after a lot of painstaking elimination. Here's what we (me and Mahindra ASS technician) did.
- Starter was functioning normal.
- We checked the ecu, there wasnt any error being thrown
- All the fuses were functional
- Eliminated all components connected to battery like aux lights, ice etc
- Finally we checked all fuses one by one when the issue occured next time and found the GSM tracker returning current post key being turned off.

Though the GSM tracker is functioning normally now having been tested outside the scorp, ASS folks are skeptical to connect it back.

2 weeks before the cooling coil was replaced as it had a puncture. And mechanics removed the front panel to replace it. I saw fresh tapes under the steering wheel column where GSM module was connected post cooling coil work but didnt pay much attention. Now ASS deny they have tampered any connections. With the module removed scorp is functioning normally. I'll lay my hands on the module over the weekend to fix it back.

Guess moral of the story remains the same, dont trust ASS with tinkering work unless you are under warranty even so check thoroughly before you sign the job card and gatepass.

Last edited by Ushuaia : 3rd June 2015 at 19:33.
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:01   #4047
Senior - BHPian

With over 40 years, dealing with all sorts of mechanics, I have concluded that, unless one is vigilant, there are more (and new) problems every time the car goes for minor repairs.

Now a days I only visit work shops where I can watch the mechanics working. As I patronize Maruti products, there are plenty of MASS in Delhi. I also have a long list of checks which I perform once in front of the mechanics before the job, and once before taking the delivery. That way there is a lot of peace of mind, and no surprises. In contrast my Son's Honda comes back with a minor surprises once in while.

Last edited by Aroy : 3rd June 2015 at 20:04.
Old 4th June 2015, 15:20   #4048

@Aroy, what you do is the best way to deal with any situation. I have also experienced in last 15 years that there will be additional and new problem every time there is a minor repairs to be done. Absolute issues of skilled Manpower.

Can anyone suggest a good Mahindra Scorpio mechanic/workshop in East Delhi or Noida side ? My current Mechanic gone to his home town.
Old 6th June 2015, 12:07   #4049
BHPian

Unfortunately we lack good manpower but you can visit WheelsofService in Noida.. very new but run by car enthusiasts. So they may be able to help you with quick things..
Old 6th June 2015, 23:58   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio Radiator Fan sound, unbearable.

For past one month as I was on lookout for a used Scorpio AT, I happened to drive some MT Scorpios too. And I noticed something very negative about them. Almost all of them make this hurricane like sound from under the hood. How come no one ever mentioned that about Scorpios. I mean Scorpio has viscous clutch radiator fan and the humming and whine it raises is just unbearable. Even at low rpm. Almost like the fan will rip from its moorings and fly off or blades will fly off and hit inner bonnet. The sound is not mechanical. It is excessively windy. It is heard over all the mechanical sounds of engine. It is very disconcerting, too.

Is this why new face-lift Scorpios have electric radiator fans? Can this be adapted to 2014 Scorpios? But I heard face-lift Scorpio has only one big electric fan which caters to both radiator and AC condenser. The pre-facelift Scorpios have this stormy viscous fan AND an electric fan for AC condenser.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks