Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 17:58   #4216
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

I noticed the issue with service too. My 20k service coincided with a mouse seeking temporary shelter in the AC intake duct. Well, as expected, the untimely demise left me with strong memories of the 'odour" kind! The service center took 6 days to get this sorted out!

However, post my 30k service, i did receive a call back requesting for feedback and I have given my opinion regarding a couple of greasy finger prints left on my roof lining! Not sure if anything will be done with the feedback, and I will surely keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

Jumping back a couple of posts, I had asked if parking every night at a 15 degree tilt has any impacts in the long run. Any inputs the SME's [subject matter experts] can share on this?
Old 12th January 2016, 22:23   #4217
Distinguished - BHPian

Something I noticed recently.

If I change the recirculation mode to fresh air by pressing the mode button (light off on the button), it automatically comes back to recirculation mode (light turns on!) in a few mins.

What could be the problem? Any issue with the fuses or wiring?
Old 13th January 2016, 08:11   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Something I noticed recently.

If I change the recirculation mode to fresh air by pressing the mode button (light off on the button), it automatically comes back to recirculation mode (light turns on!) in a few mins.

What could be the problem? Any issue with the fuses or wiring?
This could be an issue with the button itself.

The airflow mode is controlled by a flap-gate behind the glove box. Take out the glove box (it is easy) and observe the movement of this flap-gate by changing the mode. Does the flap gate physically return to the re-circulation position?

Also check if this happens when the car is stationary.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 16:47   #4219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhangui View Post
Has anyone sourced this valve online. How much does the valve cost? I am at Pune. Any pointers on where I can source them?

I did call up the service center but they are insisting on booking an appointment which is more than a week from now . So I am at my wits end to figure out how to source the valve
I have a spare valve (entire TPMS assembly from the tyre), consequent to one of the tubeless tyres being converted to a tubed one on account of a non fixable cut in the tyre, l have it lying somewhere in the house, let me search and you can have it if you like / collect it next time you pass through Navi Mumbai.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 23:48   #4220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
Jumping back a couple of posts, I had asked if parking every night at a 15 degree tilt has any impacts in the long run.
None. Such minuscule changes will not impact the vehicle in any way. In fact, at hill towns, most vehicles are parked at greater angles. Dont worry, no muscle cramps, sprains or any such dysfunctions.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 18:48   #4221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
This could be an issue with the button itself.

The airflow mode is controlled by a flap-gate behind the glove box. Take out the glove box (it is easy) and observe the movement of this flap-gate by changing the mode. Does the flap gate physically return to the re-circulation position?

Also check if this happens when the car is stationary.
So checked it this morning. Yes, the flap-gate seems to return to the recirculation position. It closed just fine, there was no resistance or hinderance to it. Then, came back to the recirculation position. Happens both when the vehicle is moving or stationary.
Old 18th January 2016, 19:00   #4222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
So checked it this morning. Yes, the flap-gate seems to return to the recirculation position. It closed just fine, there was no resistance or hinderance to it. Then, came back to the recirculation position. Happens both when the vehicle is moving or stationary.
If the flap-gate closed (went to fresh air mode) easily without any resistance, check if the electric actuator (which operates the flap gate) is getting an unintended signal to open. For this, close the flap gate and take out the connector of the actuator.

If the gate still opens, then it is an issue with gate (some spring etc.). If the gate stays closed after disconnecting the actuator, the actuator was getting the false signal. The false signal could be from the faulty switch or faulty connector.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 12:01   #4223
Senior - BHPian

The ABS light issue was solved. The sensor actuator was faulty got it replaced.

Changed the tyres last week with the OE Bridestone M/T Dueler. The original set had done 47,800 KM.

I had taken this car off road two weeks ago and found a squeaking sound from the front suspension. I suspected stablizer bar bushes from my experience with Prado 90 LWB,
Sure enough it was thet, and changed the driver side upper arm bush as well.
Since Mahindra service refuses to stock quality oil and fluids, took my car to a Bosch service centre in Sector 14, Gurgaon purchased 1 X 6 litres of Shell no. 90 gear oil and got the gear box oil and both differential oils changed.

These days whenever I switch on 4WD H the display lights up as 4WD Low, on disengaging 4WD it doesn't go off. Once the engine is turned off it vanishes.
As you please sir. Makes no difference to me. For me it is the end of Mahindra. Not buying their low quality cars any more.
Old 1st February 2016, 19:49   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
When I accelerate from a dead stop, during the first 3-5 seconds, I hear a deep grinding/rubbing noise coming from the front right end (I can actually sense it on the A pedal). It stops as I accelerate, or maybe I just can't hear it over the engine noise.

It also happens when I decelerate and have almost reached a complete stop. The only way to describe the noise is it's like maybe a joint or bearing or something is rubbing and needs to be greased... Anyone have any ideas? I checked all of the fliuds but everything is fine.

I've had the FNG guy do the through tests, but he couldn't find out the reason and say they didnt hear anything.

I suspected the issue could be with the clutch plates which were changed about 1k kms ago, the springs were shaking on the new clutch plate so had them replace with the new one, but the sound is still there.

Any help/leads would be greatly appreciated.
Update: I changed the leaky slave cylinder, the issue is not resolved.
Still seeking experts advice on this issue, any clue guys ?
Old 1st February 2016, 20:26   #4225
BHPian

Hi Folks,
My lady has run into a small trouble today. Looks like she is electrically paralyzed on the left front passenger door. Basically, the power window, the auto lock for the door, the ORVM adjuster and the ORVM indicator is not working. No issues with any of the other doors. I suspect some point in the door which connects to the rest of the electricals might have pulled loose. But then, that's me trying to predict rain by just looking at the sky. Any idea where I will need to look to resolve this? Would this be a DIY fix or should I head over to the ASS?
Old 4th February 2016, 22:19   #4226
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Got myself a Scorpio s10 in December 2016 and heres the first niggle:

1. Reverse Park assist does not come on in the Infotainment system! when engaged in Reverse Gear. Tried switching off and removing keys.. No response

2. USB drive plays music and then hangs after a while. Removing the keys and reinserting solves the problem.

This is getting annoying!. Any quick fixes before taking it to the ASC pls would help.
Old 5th February 2016, 10:25   #4227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
Hi Folks,

Got myself a Scorpio s10 in December 2016 and heres the first niggle:

1. Reverse Park assist does not come on in the Infotainment system! when engaged in Reverse Gear. Tried switching off and removing keys.. No response

2. USB drive plays music and then hangs after a while. Removing the keys and reinserting solves the problem.

This is getting annoying!. Any quick fixes before taking it to the ASC pls would help.
Hi petrogeek,

It must be December 2015 and not 2016.

Mostly, the park assist problem is related to a sensor. The ASC will either replace it under warranty or set it in proper position.

Audio hanging problem is seems to be related to some wiring / connector issue. Does the audio go into pause mode when it stops playing the music from USB? Does it go into play mode on its own after hanging?

It is better that both the above niggles are attended by the ASC.
Old 5th February 2016, 22:16   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi petrogeek,

It must be December 2015 and not 2016.

Mostly, the park assist problem is related to a sensor. The ASC will either replace it under warranty or set it in proper position.

Audio hanging problem is seems to be related to some wiring / connector issue. Does the audio go into pause mode when it stops playing the music from USB? Does it go into play mode on its own after hanging?

It is better that both the above niggles are attended by the ASC.
Hi Rahul,

ASC mentioned a problem with the Reverse Park Assist Sensor. says since its not a dealer part they need to get it from the factory in Chakan, Pune which will take a couple of weeks!

The USB just doesnt play! now the Radio too!. Navigator works with voice commands.. I guess the ASC forgot to look into this. But this is annoying ..just less than 3 months old.
Old 6th February 2016, 10:30   #4229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
Hi Rahul,

ASC mentioned a problem with the Reverse Park Assist Sensor. says since its not a dealer part they need to get it from the factory in Chakan, Pune which will take a couple of weeks!

The USB just doesnt play! now the Radio too!. Navigator works with voice commands.. I guess the ASC forgot to look into this. But this is annoying ..just less than 3 months old.
One of the reasons to avoid cars with a lot of electronics. When they work it is fine, but when any think goes wrong it is a pain diagnosing it and then costly to replace.

I find that S4 variant is the most VFM if you want 4x2 and S4+ for 4x4.
Old 21st February 2016, 21:05   #4230

Hi Friends, kindly suggest any Bosch service center in delhi/ncr ! I am driving 2005 CRde Scorpio and have driven around 1.50Lacs KMS. My Scorpio never had any major breakdown in last 10 years and i have been using the services of local mechanics for simple and routine stuff ! I am seeing some leakage from the engine area and don't want to go to ASC center as i have had many bad experiences with them in the past so want to try out a Bosch service center for engine check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks