Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 11:14   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
It is a continuous sound.
After the breaks are warmed up, the squealing starts the moment breaks are applied and stops the when the breaks are released. Again starts on re-applying.
Is it ok to increase the gap between brake pad and disc? Will it affect the brake performance?
Will the squealing go off once the brake pad wear out a bit?
If the noise comes from both sides, then the new brake pads are causing it. If braking is excellent then I would ignore the squeal. If it from one side only then that disk may need machining.
Old 15th October 2017, 15:17   #4367
Senior - BHPian

Folks, my vehicle's (2010 mHawk SLE Scorpio) battery needs to be replaced. The owner's manual says 72 Ah rating, but all the batteries suggested for the Scorpio on Amaron and Exide websites are for 65 Ah. Any suggestions which brand and specific model number would be the best fit?

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 15th October 2017 at 15:19.
Old 15th October 2017, 18:25   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Folks, my vehicle's (2010 mHawk SLE Scorpio) battery needs to be replaced. The owner's manual says 72 Ah rating, but all the batteries suggested for the Scorpio on Amaron and Exide websites are for 65 Ah. Any suggestions which brand and specific model number would be the best fit?

Cheers,
Vikram
72 Ah battery is required for the micro hybrid tech. The M&M ASS will have stock of those. Or you can go for an Amaron Tractor battery. I have one on my scorpio and it was installed by the ASS.
Vj13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 11:38   #4369
BHPian

Hello All.
I am having alignment issues on my 2015 S4 plus 2WD scorpio. I rotated the tyres as recommended in the manual at around 13k and now at 27k. But the car is swaying to the left side. I have had alignment and wheel balancing done at the time of tyre swapping. When I noticed the car was swaying I had the alignment re checked and the mechanic confirmed the alignment was ok.
Any idea folks? I have driven the car about 800 kms after the tyre swap and the car is still swaying.
Also any good mechanic in Chandigarh I can go and show the car to?
Old 9th January 2018, 21:24   #4370
BHPian

Recently i got alloy wheels for my beast 2016 S4 Plus. Before a road trip in December I got a general checkup done, during which I found that both front tires were worn out toward inside. I understand that Wheel alignment & balancing was not done properly during fitting of alloy wheels resulting in this.

Now, My question is should i change both these front tries with the ones in back or let them be..Someone suggested to do this so that all tires will be equally worn out in few months. please advice
Old 9th January 2018, 22:13   #4371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Recently i got alloy wheels for my beast 2016 S4 Plus. Before a road trip in December I got a general checkup done, during which I found that both front tires were worn out toward inside. I understand that Wheel alignment & balancing was not done properly during fitting of alloy wheels resulting in this.

Now, My question is should i change both these front tries with the ones in back or let them be..Someone suggested to do this so that all tires will be equally worn out in few months. please advice
As advised swap the rear tyres with the front as the front ones should be given priority for safe braking. You might also consider swapping the inner edges of the tyre with the outer edges. This will help even the edges. Hope this helps.
Vj13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 14:54   #4372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Hello All.
I am having alignment issues on my 2015 S4 plus 2WD scorpio. I rotated the tyres as recommended in the manual at around 13k and now at 27k. But the car is swaying to the left side. I have had alignment and wheel balancing done at the time of tyre swapping. When I noticed the car was swaying I had the alignment re checked and the mechanic confirmed the alignment was ok.
Any idea folks? I have driven the car about 800 kms after the tyre swap and the car is still swaying.
You won't believe, my 7ish year old Scorpio still sways to the left and so do other Scorpios. It is appalling on M&M's part to ignore this flaw. In all of 66,000 Kms that I have done and numerous complaints to Koncept Mahindra, they are still not able to rectify it. Even after changing my stock JK's to Yokohamas, the problem is still persistent. I had given up long time back and have learnt to live with this characteristic. I also recall from 2011 or so, a bhpian had got installed some shims (I don't know what that is) and his problem was rectified to some extent, not entirely. Please search on this website and you might be able to get a resolution.
desiaztec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:28   #4373
BHPian

Change the silent block bushing on rear suspension
Old 26th January 2018, 11:19   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Hello All.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
You won't believe, my 7ish year old Scorpio still sways to the left and so do other Scorpios. It is appalling on M&M's part to ignore this flaw. In all of 66,000 Kms that I have done and numerous complaints to Koncept Mahindra, they are still not able to rectify it. Even after changing my stock JK's to Yokohamas, the problem is still persistent. I had given up long time back and have learnt to live with this characteristic. I also recall from 2011 or so, a bhpian had got installed some shims (I don't know what that is) and his problem was rectified to some extent, not entirely. Please search on this website and you might be able to get a resolution.
I had this problem in my 2013 Scorpio after I got my Suspension done at Mahindra Authorized Service Center - Bhasin Motors. They kept on delaying delivery for 2-3 days after completion of work as they could not fix the Car Swaying to the left. Finally I took the Scorpio to my trusted alignment person. He had to install Shims on the left wheel and the problem was completely resolved.
I think the authorized workshops try to fix camber without shims which is impossible. Anyways at the time of the problem my Scorpio had done 65K and now it has done about 1.45 lac kms. It goes straight like a bullet even if you keep hands off the steering wheel.
Old 26th January 2018, 11:37   #4375
BHPian

I have been a regular participant of this thread for the last 12 years. With a heavy heart I have to tell you all I have finally decided to sell off my 14 year old Non-CRDE Scorpio which has done about 1.45 lac kms. The vehicle as made 3 trips to Leh and 2 trips to Spiti with numerous other trips to the the mountains and many other places.

The Scorpio is without an ECU and easily repairable by any mechanic. Even now it does not have even a speck of rust anywhere. The Scorpio has central locking, 4 Window Automatic Relay, a Pioneer Stereo with Bluetooth, Yokohoma Geolander AT tyres in decent condition and an Amaron 85AH Battery. I replaced the Head lights to new Mhawk ones, and the 2 tail lights over the last year. I got the complete AC system including the compressor, Condenser, Blower motor replaced in the last year. It is so well maintained that even the front and rear wiper washers work perfectly. It is so reliable even now that I can leave for a trip to Spiti and Leh tomorrow without thinking twice.

I have to part with it because of the NGT 15 year order. If it completes 15 years in Sept 2018, it will not be possible to get a NOC and sell it anywhere. It will have to go to a Scrap dealer. Diesel Vehicles between 10-15 years can get a NOC to be transferred to the listed districts in UP, Bihar, Rajasthan etc. We still had about 8 months to get the NOC sell the Scorpio to a buyer in these places.

Luckily we found a buyer from one of those districts who was ready to buy the car after a single test drive. I will be getting 1.25 lacs and my mechanics will get 25k. They buyer is paying 1.5 lacs for a 14 year old car and he will be spending around 20K more to get it re-registered. But I can be sure that he will be able to run it for another 10 years so it is not a bad deal for him.

My replacement is a Grand Vitara 2.0L 4WD which I have prepared and have got to pristine condition in the last 1 year. I also own a Camry Automatic 2008.

I will keep returning to this thread off and on.

Styler

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th March 2019 at 08:34. Reason: Edited for better readability
Styler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 22:12   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I have to part with it because of the NGT 15 year order. ....
Sorry to tell you that 15 years is permitted for a petrol engine car, not for a diesel vehicle. That period is 10 years.
Old 28th January 2018, 10:45   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Sorry to tell you that 15 years is permitted for a petrol engine car, not for a diesel vehicle. That period is 10 years.
Anup Ji
It is true that the order of NGT banned Diesel vehicles over 10 years old but this order was not implemented by the government. The government had contested this order in the court and had said that they cannot impound all vehicles over 10 years old. The had decided to slowly start to cancel registration of diesel vehicles starting with vehicles over 15 years old, then commercial vehicles which were 14 years, 13 years and so on. They have not yet started to cancel registration of any private vehicle which is 10- 15 year old.
The original registration was as it is for 15 years, and the road tax was paid for 15 years. There was no law to take action against these vehicles till the time the government cancels the registration of these vehicles. My 13 year old Scorpio's registration was checked by traffic police but they did not have any objection even when it was more than 10 years old.

Last edited by Styler : 28th January 2018 at 10:46.
Styler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 20:54   #4378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Anup Ji
It is true that the order of NGT banned Diesel vehicles over 10 years old but this order was not implemented ......have any objection even when it was more than 10 years old.
Thank you for the above, Styler. Like you and other owners of elderly & well-loved Scorpios, I too worry about the future and just when the axe is likely to fall!

In the meantime we shall just continue life with our trusted Bucephalus.

Last edited by shashanka : 4th February 2018 at 20:57.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 01:05   #4379

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Experts,

Need some guidance.

I am from Bangalore and have a scorpio SLE 2012 Mhawk.

Recently my glove box door got damaged. Is it possible to replace only the glove box door? if yes approximately how much it costs.

Another issue is related to overhead rail. Somehow one of the plates (backside) which cover the rails and has a screws on top is missing. Is this part available separately or entire rail needs to be replaced?

Please advice.

Raghs
Old 1st March 2018, 08:45   #4380
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghp74 View Post
Recently my glove box door got damaged. Is it possible to replace only the glove box door? if yes approximately how much it costs.

Another issue is related to overhead rail. Somehow one of the plates (backside) which cover the rails and has a screws on top is missing. Is this part available separately or entire rail needs to be replaced?
The glovebox lid should be available as a separate part easily. Else, the best remedy is to look for both the parts in the scrap market and use them. It will work out cheaper.

BTW, can you post pictures of your glove box lid?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks