Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2018, 17:55   #4426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If the noise comes after 30 to 40km, I suggest that you make an appointment with ASS, explaining the problem, Ask him to attend to you when you come. Drive some 50km on the way to ASS. That way you can get his attention to your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
Hello mate!
You better get it checked at the service center.
Our issue was never solved and slight noise still remains.
But we didn't have any breakdowns after the first one when our clutch pedal bolt broke.

As far as I can make out it's an inherent sound of the Scorpio.
Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I took my Scorpio to ASS when the clutch pedal noise was reproducible. As a first step, the ASS people cleaned the pedal assembly with anti rust spray (something similar to WD but didn't get a chance to note the name of the product) and applied some lubrication. At least the noise was gone after this treatment.

What ASS people have suggested is that if the noise still persists, then they have to open the gear box, clutch etc to verify if the bearings of the master cylinder are at fault.

Will check the Scorpio over the weekend for the noise and accordingly take a decision. However, I am still worried about such major problem in a new vehicle that has clocked only ~9000 KMs.
Old 20th September 2018, 19:21   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
Another repeating issue I am facing is on long drives after running vehicle for 3-4 hours, slowly AC becomes lesser and lesser effective resulting in only noise no wind at some point. After switching it off for about half an hour, it starts working again. But overall I don't think my AC is working in full capacity for long time now compared to my experience few years back.
I'd just check that your AC cabin air filter has been replaced recently. If it is clogged then just toss it out and replace it with a new one, that is quite cheap and should be done every 4 months. And also check your AC evaporator coil (aka cooling coil) to see if there are any leaks or if it is clogged by dirt. If there are leaks you are faced with replacing it, if there's just dirt then get it cleaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Thanks for your valuable inputs.
I took my Scorpio to ASS when the clutch pedal noise was reproducible. As a first step, the ASS people cleaned the pedal assembly with anti rust spray (something similar to WD but didn't get a chance to note the name of the product) and applied some lubrication. At least the noise was gone after this treatment.
Creaky noises when pressing a Scorpio clutch are only to be expected. As long as the clutch performs as expected I wouldn't worry. WD40 anti rust spray is what they used. That creak is quite probably a spring under tension in the clutch. That or the release bearing. WD40 should cure it, if not - if the clutch hasn't become hard, doesn't have excessive play etc live with it. All part of the charm of owning a Scorpio.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 17:02   #4428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I will be doing a dry run with your technique. I too was not too comfortable getting up from the front - because of chances of denting the bonnet, or worse - cracking the windshield.
I will have my son pass me the luggage - so once the handirack is secured, and I'm on the roof, I think the rest of it is a doddle. Hoping for the best!
So how did it turn out?
Old 8th October 2018, 19:01   #4429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
So how did it turn out?
Need to be more athletic!.

The roof held up with empty bags and my weight.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 22:05   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quick question - based on my blue buffalo getting stolen (footage here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4480682 (8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!) for sad viewing)

The Scorpio back gate (to the boot) didn't seem connected to the alarm system in the 2014 Scorpio - and when I TD'd a current model S11 today, I saw that it had the exact same issue. And the other issue too that you had to slam it shut rather hard if it were to close propertly. A heavy door and a single rather small lock ..

The crook in my case entered through the rear of the Scorpio so I guess he knew this?
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:46   #4431
BHPian

I sincerely wish you get your Blue beast back @hserus.

Thinking of the ease that these guys have, it has made me think, how cooly we handover our keys at shopping or hotel Valet parking, Service station pick up and drop guys, cleaner guys etc. Won't it be just matter of few minutes for these folks to clone and add a duplicate key ?

Just thinking aloud since all these microprocessors, sensors just need radio frequency. If I mimic one, who is there to stop me ?
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 17:15   #4432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I sincerely wish you get your Blue beast back @hserus.

Thinking of the ease that these guys have, it has made me think, how cooly we handover our keys at shopping or hotel Valet parking, Service station pick up and drop guys, cleaner guys etc. Won't it be just matter of few minutes for these folks to clone and add a duplicate key ?

Just thinking aloud since all these microprocessors, sensors just need radio frequency. If I mimic one, who is there to stop me ?
You don't even need access to the key or vehicle - the signals can be tapped and duplicated. And immobilizer codes are often set to 1111, 0000 type defaults so ..

That said, can someone please confirm about the back gate and its not being connected to the alarm system? This is a pretty serious bug on Mahindra's part, and a surprising one for a nearly two decade old design. If it has got to the stage that thieves go straight to the back gate of the car ..

Last edited by hserus : 22nd October 2018 at 17:17.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 13:45   #4433
BHPian

I am on a family drive to Pune and south and the TPMS is extremely annoying by going off every 5
100 or 200 meters and beeping till I silence it by pressing. The right side button on the speedo console.
How do I turn it off.
The pressure reads whatever it wants from 42 to 0 in two tires. And it's BOSS annoying.
Please help
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:00   #4434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Quick question - based on my blue buffalo getting stolen (footage here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4480682 (8 Scorpio mHawks stolen-immobilizer codes cracked!!!) for sad viewing)

The Scorpio back gate (to the boot) didn't seem connected to the alarm system in the 2014 Scorpio - and when I TD'd a current model S11 today, I saw that it had the exact same issue. And the other issue too that you had to slam it shut rather hard if it were to close propertly. A heavy door and a single rather small lock ..

The crook in my case entered through the rear of the Scorpio so I guess he knew this?
Happened to notice this just now. The rear door is connected at least in the 2014 type 2 that I have. The issue is not with the door latch or door itself. The vehicle cabin does not seem to have the pressure relief valve or maybe not effective enough for the large boot door. The door is easy to shut if you bring it ajar and push forward , less air volume to compress.

The 2014 type 3 does not feel this airtight and easier to close however you cannot slam it shut like a regular door. I often see people try to slam the door shut like old amby, it is far easier to get the door a few inches ajar and pull it through.

Nano has one of the easiest doors to close, being a light door it does not have the weight to compress the air or easily jam through the latch so Tata has added a cabin pressure relief valve, you can see it in the boot.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:37   #4435
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. The thing is, my current ride after the last one was stolen is a 2015 model. The other day I had the rear door ajar and I heard the click of the automated central locking kicking in. Weird.

All the three Scorpios including mine stolen from my area around when mine was lifted, were broke into from the back door, so I'm not sure what the thieves know that we don't.

Last edited by hserus : 2nd December 2018 at 17:38.
Old 17th December 2018, 12:39   #4436
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Since a while i am hearing this noise in my Scorpio, it is a 2012 LX 4wd which has run 1,20,000. The sound is pretty evident, i got the vacuum modulators replaced, the sound went, but it is back again.
Listen to the video from 17th second, the sound is evident at 30th second.

Is this due to :
1. vacuum modulator
2. alternator bearing
3. belt pulley
4. Turbo charger
5. anything else?

Help in troubleshooting and solutions is appreciated.
Old 17th December 2018, 20:35   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Is this due to :
1. vacuum modulator
2. alternator bearing
3. belt pulley
4. Turbo charger
5. anything else?

Help in troubleshooting and solutions is appreciated.
My guess is that this is turbo related.
Old 18th December 2018, 07:36   #4438
Senior - BHPian

My Scorpio (s10 2015 model) had its dipstick changed under warranty once. Right now there’s a slight oily residue around the top of the pipe into which the dipstick fits. And I don’t think the dipstick is that good a fit into the pipe, there’s a slight play. Shouldn’t there be a gasket there to make for a better fit?
Old 27th December 2018, 06:24   #4439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
My Scorpio (s10 2015 model) had its dipstick changed under warranty once. Right now there’s a slight oily residue around the top of the pipe into which the dipstick fits. And I don’t think the dipstick is that good a fit into the pipe, there’s a slight play. Shouldn’t there be a gasket there to make for a better fit?
Bumping this - so some teflon tape wrapped around the dipstick is a quick fix but as the dipstick was changed once, and this recurred - so the possible cause is engine pressure forcing the oil out. Any other causes such as the PCV valve?
Old 29th January 2019, 18:38   #4440
BHPian

My LX 2010 model has done 60k and is currently undergoing service. I am having a couple of cosmetic issues that require fixing, while I want to maintain the stock settings, the cost of making those changes is quite high. Any suggestions / links / recommendations would be appreciated.

1. On the ski rack, the left side cover in the front flew off during a road trip. I just need the cover, but M&M insists on buying the whole part which is too much

2. My Front bumper recently hit a pillar while reversing and has gone out of shape. Being a 8 year old vehicle, removing and correcting the inside steel fittings of the bumper isn't worthwhile on account of the rust formation in those parts. The quote for a new bumper is 12k plus labor which make me think

I am planning to do some DIY for restoring the bumper color, it is just too bad right now with a black vehicle.

With BS VI and expected 2020 norms am in the quandary in making a decision to change the vehicle, I plan to use it for another 12-18 months before I make a decision on the next vehicle. Mechanically the vehicle is doing absolutely fine
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20181205_101029.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20181205_100957.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_20181205_101003.jpg  

Last edited by diwakarmuthu : 29th January 2019 at 18:46. Reason: Wanted to quote the correct price, there was a typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks