Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 09:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rattlling, noisy Linea T-Jet. Tata- Fiat A.S.S Useless and Hopeless.

I agree with Pankaj, about the labour cost at this place. Once the heat shield on my car got torn owing to a bad speedbreaker which i didnt notice. The torn plate was touching against the silencer as a result of which there was a clanging occassional noise. They hoisted the vehicle on a lift, checked the underbody, and hit the plate away from the silencer. I was charged 200 bucks for this.

They initially didnt give me a bill for this, but had to after I insisted.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

FIAT service is very very dependent on the particular service point.

As for rattling issues, we have never faced any rattles in our 1.4 Punto EP. Its done over 16k kms now, but the only thing that has ever rattled are the rear windows. But that's because my parents shut the doors pretty hard all the time. Other than that our car is driven pretty hard over bad roads, and bumps, but we still havn't faced any issues at all, let alone rattles.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:24   #18
BHPian

My Jet too had developed rattling in the first 2 months of ownership. The rattling emanated from the rear shelf which was rectified within few minutes by the TASS guys at Concorde, Chennai.

The rattling developed because of the 1 km bad multi-potholed roads near my house.

The tass guys were efficient to quickly spot the exact location of the rattle and it was arrested to my satisfaction.

I doubt whether any training would help in spotting a rattle. Nobody can train the service centre guys on these, it will come only with experience.

You may contact adit_morzaria@khtmotors.com
This guy may be of help to you but i am not sure.

Why not try a different service centre. Maybe Concorde Motors would be of help to you ?
Old 25th May 2011, 11:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In that case, do try out the Bosch service center opposite Cosmos Mall. I think its called Om Sai motors, but not sure! This is on the road which is opposite Cosmos. Take the road leading towards Ryan international school, and as soon as you get on this road, take a left and proceed on this road to arrive at this place. I had been there once, and came out with my issue resolved.
I have been there, was not so happy with the attitude of one Mr. Anil, but still I am thinking to get the car once checked at concorde. If things does not work there like any other TASS then I may go to the Bosch service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
So finally I gave up my t-jet buying decision. I wanted to own turbo petrol for long time and I was totally inclined towards t-jet even after petrol price hike specially after reading GTO's review. But after reading a lot on Tata-Fiat ***, now I do not want any Fiat. I own Palio 2001 model and I still admire its build quality.
I have stopped recommending the current generation Fiats to anyone from now on. Like I said, I just saved one of my colleague purchasing a Punto.

You can digest the niggling issues in Palio since you know someone who can fix them. But with a new 11L car you may not want to go with non-authorized dealers.

@bnjzon- If the rattling is always reproducible and obvious then it is easy to rectify and fix. The one I have come once in a while at certain speed/rpm level i.e. during car vibrations combined with certain type of bad patch of road.
I know fixing rattling issues cannot be trained, but for an experienced mechanic it is not a tough job.

An e.g. is Prerana motors and KHT guys were unable to even understand that there are missings in my Palio, forget about diagnosing or fixing it. OTOH the same car when took to Hariprasad took him like 5 sec after starting the car to know that it has missings. Actually he was the first one who found that there are missings, though I did not get it fixed yet.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 25th May 2011 at 11:39.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro, i still remember how sure you were about buying the T-jet. I don't think you even considered anything else before making the decision. These niggles comes with a FIAT and you have to live with them(i am not trying to justify FIAT service in anyway). But i don't think anything is going to change with FIAT service, i have been waiting for past 3 years(on personal front i am overall ok with service as never had any major issue with my car).

read the interview here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-sales-15.html

I don't think they are bothered about the customer or service problem, they just want to keep launching new car and hoping the service problem will magically disappear.
What i am trying to say here is enjoy the car and don't be disheartened with these small niggles
Old 25th May 2011, 13:35   #21
BANNED

I can only say keep faith. None of the issues that you have mentioned are show stoppers. Rattles can be very difficult to find and that is with every brand of car out there on the road.
Old 25th May 2011, 19:44   #22
BHPian

Indeed I can pretty much understand what you guys are meaning to say. Maybe that is the reason for me to retain my older car which also happen to be a Fiat.
Neither these issues are showstoppers.

My current matter of worry is for the future since these guys are unable to rectify a problem as simple as these, I cannot imagine what if I run into bigger issue as you know with Fiat anything is possible anytime.

I tend to forget the issues, but once I cross a bad patch of road and the rattling restarts, the whole fun disappears.

BTW an OT here, I happen to extract 12 kmpl out of my car in bangalore traffic, but believe me guys, I would better drag an alto instead of driving the Jet so lousily. I am happy with my 9 odd kmpl figures if that is the case.

Latest update- Received a call from KHT, they are claiming to have fixed the glove box and suspension noise (in 2 days time). I am starting to find it entertaining. Anyways I am going to get the car tomorrow no matter if the issues are still open.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 11:41   #23
BHPian

Latest Update- Received a call from KHT motors support. They asked for the complaint and they mentioned that they received a call from Fiat regarding my issues and complaint against KHT. (This has happened second time till date)

Honestly guys, I am not thrilled, excited, or happy. This is the nth time happening.
I dont see any point in providing feedback and csat ratings n number of times if I do not see any improvement, I mean how the feedback can provide high quality mechanics if none exist?.

Instead of spending so much money in following these processes, my suggestion to Fiat India is rather they work on their supplier(plastics),get their OEMs right and match the manufacturing standards like that of their competitor. Problem originates right from the shop floor.

Problems would not occurred if the shop floor process was right(read misaligned doors, gear noise since day-1) and high quality parts were used (rattling platics).

I really wonder how MS is able to manage the same so efficiently. Are there processes such a big secret?
Old 26th May 2011, 11:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I really wonder how MS is able to manage the same so efficiently. Are there processes such a big secret?
All suppliers have problems, I have owned 3 Maruti's till date and 2 of them had niggles initially, only that i did not have to go through the pain you are experiencing. The crux of the matter is not prevention (one assumes that stringent quality norms take care of that) it's cure, something FIAT Dealers are yet to learn (and there are exceptions too). Wish your car good luck once its back on roads.

Last edited by luky_13 : 26th May 2011 at 11:51. Reason: Spelling
Old 26th May 2011, 12:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

The problems you are facing cant realistically be elminated at all. Rattling generally occurs due to slight dimensional issues with parts, or improper fitment during assembly. Most of these dont occur in every car. Their primary root cause is that people who assemble cars will once in a while make a slight mistake. Similarly slight dimensional issues will always be there once in a while. More so in a cost sensitive market like India, where even C-segment cars pinch the penny.

And talking of MS, I think the Swift-Swift Dzires rattle a lot more and in more cases than any FIAT. Instead take a look at most Palios, rarely do you see them rattling. A friend of mine has a 3yr old Palio, with almost 60k on the odo, and not a peep inside the car. While most Swifts I have sat in start rattling within months.

The only issue in your case is that the service guys are not able to fix the rattle. Most of these rattles occur only in a few parts of a model and are thus caught easily. Seems like in your case, something that usually doesnt rattle on the Linea is rattling.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
2. Rear left suspension klick-klick sound- And now the sound is coming from both the sides while slowly manuevering the car over potholes.
Are you sure it is from suspension? Is it a dull rumbling muffled sound?
I had similar sound in my Punto and I always felt it is coming from the rear right hand side of rear suspension.

Finally it was traced to boot lock assembly. There was some "play" (read gap between the latch and the loop) in the lock and the boot lid was shaking up a bit when going over the potholes.

Hope it helps.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:01   #27
BANNED

I did a thorough PDI of my JET before the delivery. The small issues that were there, were corrected right then and there. No issues ever after, covered 29,000 already.

Now it's all set and fine.

Leaving to LEH in my JET this Saturday.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The problems you are facing cant realistically be elminated at all. Rattling generally occurs due to slight dimensional issues with parts, or improper fitment during assembly. Most of these dont occur in every car. Their primary root cause is that people who assemble cars will once in a while make a slight mistake. Similarly slight dimensional issues will always be there once in a while. More so in a cost sensitive market like India, where even C-segment cars pinch the penny.
This is applicable in all the industries. I can understand every car cannot be run-tested, but what about the door misalignment which is visible by naked eyes.
Have a look. I had these since day-1. Ironically these were not seen by the QC mechanic putting the Quality sticker. The whole story started when KHT started trying fixing these-
EDIT- I forgot to mention, while fixing the alignment of front door, they increased the gap. This was shown to Mr. Donald from Fiat during the Fiat free checkup camp but in vain. That was the day when I lost hope in Fiat 'India'.
Also I did not see Mr. Donald getting worried for a T-Jet Customer who had his brakes jammed once in traffic. To me he was more sounding like a KHT representative than Fiat.

Quote:
..The only issue in your case is that the service guys are not able to fix the rattle. Most of these rattles occur only in a few parts of a model and are thus caught easily. Seems like in your case, something that usually doesnt rattle on the Linea is rattling.
Like I said, whenever I go to KHT for some work I start feeling sorry for the mechanic once they start struggling. They even struggled to once change my rear wipers in Palio. In the mid way I told him to leave it and I can fix it myself.
If I have say three issues to get fixed, I have to stop myself once first is fixed or rather attempted to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Are you sure it is from suspension? Is it a dull rumbling muffled sound?
I had similar sound in my Punto and I always felt it is coming from the rear right hand side of rear suspension.

Finally it was traced to boot lock assembly. There was some "play" (read gap between the latch and the loop) in the lock and the boot lid was shaking up a bit when going over the potholes.
Hope it helps.
I dont think it is coming from any gap from the boot. The boot latch is far away in Linea to hear anything. Even if someone hits there is very mild thud which cannot be heard in traffic.
The kik-kik sound first came from right side and gradually (read after first attempt to fix it) started coming from both side. So it seems they essentially balanced the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
I did a thorough PDI of my JET before the delivery. The small issues that were there, were corrected right then and there. No issues ever after, covered 29,000 already.

Now it's all set and fine.

Leaving to LEH in my JET this Saturday.
PDI thing is one big learning though I learnt the hard way.

All the best for your Leh trip buddy.

EDIT- Latest update. Received a call from KHT that the vehicle is ready. To my horror they have already started cleaning the interior, now I have lost the energy to shout the same things 100 times - PLEASE DO NOT POLISH THE DASH. I am 100% sure they are going to do it.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 26th May 2011 at 16:24.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:49   #29
BANNED

I have a 7 year old Zen and Maruti Desire / Santro in family .
What the misalignment you show here is much better than Maruti/ Huydai has adjusted for me .The problem is any of the kids press on the door frames while they are open they go down so we have to keep getting them adjusted and never once i can say they did it as better as i see in your car .
Let me add on furthur the A.S.S guys use there hands to align the window frames too which have led to more wind noise and thundering off door frames :-(
But cant help it as i know i have tin cans .

so i will say fiat is better than what i own but they can probably make it better too.
Regards

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 26th May 2011 at 21:51.
Old 27th May 2011, 12:12   #30
BHPian

^^Trust_In_Thrust- I have not seen any misaligned doors in the Palio, any Palio for that matter. I am surprised how there is such a big quality gap between a 4.5L(a generation behind Palio) and a 11L(a gen ahead Linea) car.

If the problem is fixable it means it was not taken care during the QC check at shop floor. And I am not the first person who has complained about the misaligned door. Many I know have got them fixed during PDI. I cannot fathom the fact that the doors got misaligned during transportation.

Anyway, now I am trying to get out of this cribbing mode.

Latest update- Got my car and I have kept it under observation for 100 kms. No rattling as of now even on potholes, interior cleaning is good and car is nearly super silent from inside. Now it is feeling like a 11L car.

Will update the thread after driving it for more than 100 kms over the weekend.

I must thank Team-Bhp bcoz I am sure that the special attention was taken care maybe due to this thread. I really appreciate it.

But I hope this does not become the protocol for fixing any niggling issue in a Fiat car. I hope dealership learn some lesson and take care of any Fiat car with full attention the way they did it for my car.

I think Fiat understand that their cars get max marketing due to their loyal customer and not the dealerships. Dealership mixed with the poor shop floor and QC at Fiat plant are the prime reason for poor sale numbers.

Still I am refraining myself in recommending Fiat to my friends and colleague due to the Pain and Agony I faced till date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks