Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 23:51   #2476
BANNED

Fellow TBhpians,
The swirl mark reduction photos were taken by me. The nano product is being tested else where also. As this is a new technology we are constantly getting the results from different parts of the world. Though we are more concerned with the performance in India we like to get inspired by other detailers. These photos are from an expert in Slovenia (who nearly beat USA in the FIFA cup today). He has sent me another set of 3 snaps he has taken. I think all of you'll will get more inspired by the results he has achieved. I think if our paints did not have so much orange peel we too would have got the reflection he has achieved.

Hope you'll like the photos.

For those inquiring how long the product would last, the claims are 1-2 years.

Also the supplier is shortly sending me marino wool wash mitt photos which he says will keep the finish swirl free. Those I will upload and let everyone know what one should look for (especially dark color car owners).
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_30311.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_30301.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_302311.jpg  

Old 19th June 2010, 07:30   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Side profile looks like chrome!!

btw after how many hits of the swirl filler was the 'after' pic taken??
Old 19th June 2010, 09:46   #2478
BHPian

Excellent. Cant wait for something like this to launch here.
How soon will it get to the market & at approximately what cost?
Old 19th June 2010, 19:25   #2479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Side profile looks like chrome!!

btw after how many hits of the swirl filler was the 'after' pic taken??
Sohail,
These cars have been done with 2 hits of the swirl remover/protectant, which is nano based. But also 1 hit of a protectant which is water repellant so that during the curing phase water does not touch the product. The Baleno we did and these cars all have been done with their professional product. They are yet to send me their DIY product.

Remember you can do 3 or more hits with the nano product but the manufacturer says 2 is minimum for the long life.

The professional product will hit India July/Aug. The DIY product after that. As the product at this stage has come for approval and just for 40 cars, it is costly. But once we approve the product the costing will come down drastically.

They have sent samples to USA, UK, Thailand, Europe also. As this technology is completely new, everyone is cautiously proceeding in their testing.

Shall keep everyone appraised of the progress.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:22   #2480
Senior - BHPian

^Nice!!

btw I was looking at my dad's car(Accent) bonnet today, and I couldnt help noticing the plethora of swirls etc. (those kind which you simply cant remove by hand!!)

so I took out my rotary + light wool cutting pad! for rubbing compound, I chose formula1 scratchout as it is the least abrasive product I know!

I paint corrected one half of the bonnet with multiple hits of the ScratchOut and I was quite pleased after about 2-3 hits(it does work quite well if used with a machine!)
the paint was noticeably gleaming and the swirls had gone!!( a few shallow lines here and there)

After that I applied sonax auto polish again with the rotary polisher with a soft foam pad(i made myself at home! lol) after ~2 hits those shallow lines had minimized quite a bit!

then I applied the sealant!

cant get pics as sun is literally killing me!

will post pics after paint correcting the whole bonnet! + 1/2 one as soon as the car is in shade!

I think I'm starting to like the rotary polisher!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 21st June 2010 at 12:25.
Old 28th June 2010, 21:52   #2481
Senior - BHPian

i have a small query. Can anybody tell is it safe to use 3M liquid polish (the 80Rs one) over the Waxpol original wax. Due to the rains, the car has got some dirt mixed in water marks. I am willing to clean it with a damp cloth and was thinking of overcoating the car's body with the 3M one. Guys do suggest is it safe to do so. Will the water beading property of Waxpol remain after the overcoat.
I am also willing to purchase collinite 476 in near future. At present only the collinite 845 is available at Rs. 1360. Should i go ahead and purchase the 845 or wait for the 476. Which one is better of the two.

Last edited by samsag12 : 28th June 2010 at 21:53.
Old 29th June 2010, 01:04   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
i have a small query. Can anybody tell is it safe to use 3M liquid polish (the 80Rs one) over the Waxpol original wax.........
I have often used 3M liquid wax over a pre coat of Turtlewax hardshell. it is perfectly safe and enhances water beading and gives it a nice wet look. I had posted a pic of my car after this liquid wax over hardshell treatment. Heres the link in case you want to take a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post1509254
Old 29th June 2010, 11:29   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
i have a small query. Can anybody tell is it safe to use 3M liquid polish (the 80Rs one) over the Waxpol original wax. Due to the rains, the car has got some dirt mixed in water marks. I am willing to clean it with a damp cloth and was thinking of overcoating the car's body with the 3M one. Guys do suggest is it safe to do so. Will the water beading property of Waxpol remain after the overcoat.
I am also willing to purchase collinite 476 in near future. At present only the collinite 845 is available at Rs. 1360. Should i go ahead and purchase the 845 or wait for the 476. Which one is better of the two.
I would not suggest cleaning that car with damp clotha as dirt particals will put new swirl marks on paint , use shampoo wash insted and coat it with 3M liquid wax .
Old 29th June 2010, 12:50   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO once you have polished the car and layered it with a wax coat, if you polish the car - the polish will remove the wax. So you will have to do the 2 steps again.

I use the Collinite 845. It is a THICK liquid. It is also recommended for boats airplanes and outdoor electrical equipment. It is easy to apply and buff. It is one the best waxes I have used.

Where is it available ? Rs. 1360 is more than 2 times the actual price but may be worth a try.

Rgds
Old 29th June 2010, 12:58   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
If you have access to US, Pinnacle Signature II is on sale at Autogeek (buy one get one free - BOGO) it is a steal.

Rgds
Old 29th June 2010, 21:26   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
I have often used 3M liquid wax over a pre coat of Turtlewax hardshell. it is perfectly safe and enhances water beading and gives it a nice wet look. I had posted a pic of my car after this liquid wax over hardshell treatment. Heres the link in case you want to take a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post1509254
Thanks Roy.S for your help and suggestion. Appreciate that. Though i think that the water beading property of Waxpol is better than 3M one. But will definitely give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
I would not suggest cleaning that car with damp clotha as dirt particals will put new swirl marks on paint , use shampoo wash insted and coat it with 3M liquid wax .
Hey NOTORIOUS for the cleaning part, i think if i shampoo the car, the present layer of Wax will totally wash off and i have to reapply the Waxpol(which is a very tedious process). Currently because of the monsoon, car gets dirty every 2nd day. So i don't think that shampooing the car and reapplying the polish frequently is a wise decision. BTW what brand of shampoo is the best in terms of functionality and affordability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
IMHO once you have polished the car and layered it with a wax coat, if you polish the car - the polish will remove the wax. So you will have to do the 2 steps again.

I use the Collinite 845. It is a THICK liquid. It is also recommended for boats airplanes and outdoor electrical equipment. It is easy to apply and buff. It is one the best waxes I have used.

Where is it available ? Rs. 1360 is more than 2 times the actual price but may be worth a try.

Rgds
Hmm.. i guess the 3M Premium Liquid Wax is not good for overcoating the Waxpoled car. Then what other options are left for me, considering that the car will definitely get dirty in 3days (parked in the open though covered).
Currently i am using this wax AUTO POLISH
so if i do intend to overcoat the car should i use this liquid polish LIQUID WAX POLISH Will it serve the purpose of overcoating or will it also tear down the old Hard Waxpol layer.
Regarding the Collinite 845, i have also heard many good things about it but for the price the importer is asking i am a bit confused as to purchase it or not as the Eagle's nano wax is far cheaper than this. Though i may be wrong about it as i don't have confirmed declaration about the prices of the Eagle's product.

Last edited by samsag12 : 29th June 2010 at 21:29.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:40   #2487
BHPian

I have seen eagle's nano wax in local retail, will check out the prices next time. Has any one given it a try?Is it the same Nano based product, thinkbig is testing? BTW I checked out price of 3M car wash concentrate and distributor quoted me rs700/ltr, I was shocked! I am looking for Interior upholstery, fabric and dashboard cleaner and polisher, Do recommend me! and a car wash too. Turtle car wash is available for rs300/ltr.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:50   #2488
Senior - BHPian

I wanna buy pinnacle souveran wax so bad!!

btw I tried eagle one Nanowax after reading a lot about it on forums worldwide!

after doing half the bonnet I noticed that nanowaxed part was shining a lil' more than the other part!(even after QDing that)

the shine/color richness is definitely better!!

Its better than techwax2.0 in one thing(it doesn't leave any smearing!)
with techwax2.0 I noticed that, after curing there was a lotta smearing of wax on the surface(even though I had used very thin coats)

smearing as in, something oily present on the surface!

here are some after pics!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-rs-pic1.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-rs-pic2.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-rs-pic3.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-rs-pic4-.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-rs-pic5.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-rs-pic6.jpg  

Old 30th June 2010, 00:04   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
btw I tried eagle one Nanowax after reading a lot about it on forums worldwide!

after doing half the bonnet I noticed that nanowaxed part was shining a lil' more than the other part!(even after QDing that)

the shine/color richness is definitely better!!
I was trying to find some feedback on eagleone nanowax. Will pick it up this week and try it on my car. Turtlewax hardshell is a very competent product and I've been using it for 3 yrs now but it is more of a utilitarian thing and does not give a 'show car' feel. Excellent for surface protection though and a real 'female dog' to get off if you leave it to dry for too long.
As far as 3M liquid wax is concerned, it is for those times when you're feeling lazy. I prefer this product to other liquid waxes mainly because of its cost effectiveness.
Old 30th June 2010, 00:10   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Note that I have finished with Nanowax!

I had applied a couple of coats of NXT 2.0 + ShineItAll(sealant) (not to mention, I gave each coat about 24hrs to cure)

then I finished with Nanowax! (its kinda hard to take off if it dries! so try to do one panel at a time(as in, apply wax > it hazes pretty fast > swipe test > remove))

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks