Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 13:40   #3121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
to be true , even now i cant understand the whole concept but yes ,if your order is delivered on time then they can expect few more from my side and team bhp!!!

OT : saw a pack of 36 M/F cloths 16" X 16" for 1900
Nitroous,

Was this the one that you looked at

Eurow Microfiber Premium 16" x 16" 350 GSM Cleaning Towels 36-Pack
Old 4th September 2010, 18:32   #3122
BHPian

^^^ Heres the link Sirji !!

Amazon.com: microfiber cloth 36 pack
Old 4th September 2010, 18:50   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone find a Jopasu/California car duster combo pack with MFs, something like this eBay India: Jopasu Gift Pack (item 110580643126 end time 01-Oct-2010 11:49:23 IST) but maybe more economical?

I have 3 MFs but no jopasu/california duster so was thinking or ordering it via the link above but then started this whole new talks of ordering things via shopyourworld, 20north etc. on this thread.

Guys what do you think of the ebay link above?
Old 5th September 2010, 12:04   #3124
Senior - BHPian

Is it safe to get some diesel in a plastic mineral water bottle? Or should I get a glass bottle?
Want to get rid of some road tar and building paint micro droplets.
Old 5th September 2010, 13:49   #3125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Is it safe to get some diesel in a plastic mineral water bottle? Or should I get a glass bottle?
Want to get rid of some road tar and building paint micro droplets.
Quite safe. I have used a bottle for the last couple of years. Only two years ago the mineral water bottles were more sturdy that they are now. Get a decent bottle. It is better to take a wide neck bottle to the pump - the mouth should be as large as the dispensing nozzle.

Rgds
Old 5th September 2010, 13:55   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
Quite safe. I have used a bottle for the last couple of years. Only two years ago the mineral water bottles were more sturdy that they are now. Get a decent bottle. It is better to take a wide neck bottle to the pump - the mouth should be as large as the dispensing nozzle.

Rgds
Thanks - I guess they make the bottle more flimsy now to cut down on the 're-usability' factor!
Old 5th September 2010, 13:56   #3127
BHPian

FLex Dealers in India

I was looking at the Flex Website : FLEX - Elektrowerkzeuge seit 1922. They have two dealers in India :

Nagswamy Associates
No. 286, 36th Cross
7th Block, Jayanagar
560082 Bangalore
Phone +91 80 26633841
Fax +91 80 26633630
nagswamy@satyam.net.in

Polymak Tools (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Alsa Towers Ground Flr.
186/187 Poonamalee High Road
600 010 Chennai
Phone +91 44 26401869
Fax +91 44 42857654
info@polymak.co.in

It will be good if the local guys can check out these outlets and post an update for all DA enthusiasts looking at Flex.

Rgds
Old 5th September 2010, 14:28   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Can anyone find a Jopasu/California car duster combo pack with MFs, something like this eBay India: Jopasu Gift Pack (item 110580643126 end time 01-Oct-2010 11:49:23 IST) but maybe more economical?

I have 3 MFs but no jopasu/california duster so was thinking or ordering it via the link above but then started this whole new talks of ordering things via shopyourworld, 20north etc. on this thread.

Guys what do you think of the ebay link above?
This is a good pack to get. It should take care of your "dry" dusting needs.

Rgds
Old 5th September 2010, 14:33   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
^^^ Heres the link Sirji !!

Amazon.com: microfiber cloth 36 pack
Be aware that MF towles are also used for household cleaning. For your car IMHO you should aim at >600 gsm. 350 gsm will be good for cleaning glass and washing activities.

But I guess that with 36 you can use a machine load of them per session !!

Rgds
Old 6th September 2010, 13:06   #3130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
This is a good pack to get. It should take care of your "dry" dusting needs.

Rgds
I've written to jopasucarcare (ebay member selling this product) to check the feasibility of putting up 1 clay bar, 1 jopasu car duster and 1 mini-duster combo on ebay.

I really didn't need the MF as I already have 3 and magic glove didn't appeal too much either as interiors can easily be cleaned using the MFs.

I'll wait to see if they put this combo up for sale.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:56   #3131
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

A quick query. Have a 2005 Ford Fusion (Panther Black) and need to get some of the gloss back. In addition want to clean the interiors (primarily the dashboard) and the windshield. Would have wanted to get it done with professional detailing companies but the only reference i had (Car Cleaners - as per the Bangalore listing) is currently defunct and hence looking at a DIY option, but with minimal effort.

Any feedback on the below products, that may help me with this?

eBay India: Eagle One - NANOWAX® SPRAY (item 140441741437 end time 16-Sep-2010 19:15:24 IST)
or
eBay India: Eagle One - NANOWAX® LIQUID WAX (item 140446859097 end time 29-Sep-2010 09:44:37 IST)

eBay India: Eagle One - GLASS CLEANER AEROSOL (item 140444438746 end time 23-Sep-2010 10:45:10 IST)

eBay India: Eagle One - DASHBOARD PROTECTANT & VINYL CLEANER (item 140441741451 end time 16-Sep-2010 19:15:28 IST)
Old 6th September 2010, 15:08   #3132
Senior - BHPian

Received 2 packs of chamois from my colleague who returned from UK - yippie!

The brand is Chamois Leather
Old 6th September 2010, 15:59   #3133
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Have some queries, a lot of them though.

Disclaimers prior to queires is that:
I do not have access to running water (need to fill buckets)
The car is 7 yrs old and it seems there isn't much of the clear coat/laquer available on the surface.
Have no DA or orbital polisher.

1. Firstly its a black car, and considering I live in south kolkata where dust and slush is inevitable it hurts when the car gets covered with dirt and grime after a day out in the rains. While washing the car on saturday I noticed that the even after washing the side lower panels (which were filled with dirt being thrown up by the tyres) it looked clean, but after rubbing my palm over the paint I could figure out that small dirt particles were stuck to the paint and wouldn't come off. Considering the paint needs to be absolutely clean prior to any polishing work, how can I take care of this issue.

2. There are some scratches and swirl marks, so how much abrasive a compound do I need to get? Also which one. The biggest hurdle is that I was contemplating bringing down the Meg's pack which has all required stuff, but Indian Air freight does not allow shipping of liquids or semi liquids. How can I purchase Megs stuff otherwise? Also if not Megs what localy available stuff can be purchased?

3. Considering that the clear coat is non existent what could be the additional steps in bringing the car's paint back to glory?
Old 6th September 2010, 16:59   #3134
BHPian

My first car wash

Inspired by the gurus on this thread, i was motivated too to gift a wash to my car.

Partners in cleaning grime
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0054.jpg

Turtle / Turtle / Frist1
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0055.jpg

Before
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0056.jpg

After
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0089.jpg

Before
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0062.jpg

After
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0070.jpg

(Another) After
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-image0092.jpg

Feedback please. I have few questions, will post them soon.
Old 6th September 2010, 18:02   #3135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Hi Guys,

Have some queries, a lot of them though.

Disclaimers prior to queires is that:
I do not have access to running water (need to fill buckets)
The car is 7 yrs old and it seems there isn't much of the clear coat/laquer available on the surface.
Have no DA or orbital polisher.

1. Firstly its a black car, and considering I live in south kolkata where dust and slush is inevitable it hurts when the car gets covered with dirt and grime after a day out in the rains. While washing the car on saturday I noticed that the even after washing the side lower panels (which were filled with dirt being thrown up by the tyres) it looked clean, but after rubbing my palm over the paint I could figure out that small dirt particles were stuck to the paint and wouldn't come off. Considering the paint needs to be absolutely clean prior to any polishing work, how can I take care of this issue.

The running boards need to washed with extra pass to ensure they are clean, before you clay the whole car to get rid of bonded dirt.

2. There are some scratches and swirl marks, so how much abrasive a compound do I need to get? Also which one. The biggest hurdle is that I was contemplating bringing down the Meg's pack which has all required stuff, but Indian Air freight does not allow shipping of liquids or semi liquids. How can I purchase Megs stuff otherwise? Also if not Megs what localy available stuff can be purchased?

You can order through shopyourworld.com or 20north.com and get teh megs stuff at your doorstep.
If not, try getting sonax auto polish and waxpol liquid wax from kolkata stores.

3. Considering that the clear coat is non existent what could be the additional steps in bringing the car's paint back to glory?

use a show polish after an abrasive polish. That is my take. I guess gurus can throw some lght on this.

My thoughts in bold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks