Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 21:25   #3241
BHPian

So you thought you knew all about Microfiber

Here is a link to update you on Microfiber - what it is, what to buy and how to care for it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12934518/Auto-Detailing-Microfiber-Towels

Rgds
Old 17th September 2010, 00:05   #3242
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys, something on the lighter side, when i got my Megs consignment, i had borrowed my cat's bed to verify the items, she was quite curious to know what's going on, looks like she was mighty impressed by what her master's up to !
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc011401.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc011361.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 00:20   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Nice!!!

btw you might wanna be careful with microfibers near cats, as the MF will attract cat/dog hair like crazy!

btw how is colorX? is it like a AIO product?(cut, polish and seal in one step?)
Old 17th September 2010, 07:20   #3244
Senior - BHPian

Nirmal thats some serious supply of CC products you got there. Just wanted to know whether these products were a combi offer on sale or you handpicked each one of them.

Do share your experience(& results) of using the Headlight restoration kit. I think before using this polish one is required to sand the lights with a 3000 grit paper. Hope these little items are packed in the kit.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:56   #3245
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sohail - That was when the micros were new, post that i had washed them before initial use ! They're safely stored after washing & drying in my detailing cupboard ! Will be needing a bigger cupboard now after my next consignment lands !

Color wax is an AIO product which cleans the paint, polishes & waxes all in one step, i used it post claying, & it does a really great job !

Samsag - This is just one part of the collection, am now running out of space to store them all ! All these products were hand picked by me depending on my needs, the headlight restoration kit consists of the Plast X plastic polish, a micro & a buffing pad. The plastX has to be applied to the buffing pad, which in turn has to be attached to a hand drill. I don't have a drill at the moment so havent got the chance to try it out yet. My Swift has a couple of light scratches on the headlamps, which im planning for a removal soon ! Will surely post the updates !
Old 17th September 2010, 11:27   #3246
BHPian

@Nirmal, that is one amazing collection you have there. You are making me feel extremely jealous now.

On the other note, did you encounter any customs or shipping related problems while brining these down? Also which online trader did you use to bring these down? Please share, am itching to place an order, if not for these questions.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:38   #3247
Senior - BHPian

@nirmaljustdoit - seems we both share a love for meg's products and cats
I have a subset of your collection myself.
BTW did you try colorx ?
Old 17th September 2010, 14:36   #3248
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that polishing cloth with the ears must be a little difficult to use?
Old 17th September 2010, 14:44   #3249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Guys, something on the lighter side, when i got my Megs consignment, i had borrowed my cat's bed to verify the items, she was quite curious to know what's going on, looks like she was mighty impressed by what her master's up to !
Wow! Thats some serious car detailing kit you have there. Awesome!

I managed to roam the streets of opera house for car detailing products but no meguairs product are available here. So got myself an assortment of Formala 1 and Turtle wax products.

Will post the details once I get home.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:06   #3250
BHPian

@Nirmal : great , mera time bhi aayega !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
On the other note, did you encounter any customs or shipping related problems while brining these down? Also which online trader did you use to bring these down?

Waiting for answere of this question ....
Old 17th September 2010, 17:54   #3251
Distinguished - BHPian

Nirmal,you have a very cute cat.I love cats !

And how to apply the Endurance tyre gel??what is the procedure?Do you need some special applicators?
Old 17th September 2010, 20:09   #3252
Senior - BHPian

I use the endurance tire gel as a backup! (its kinda messy applying it!)

Anyways, I use a sponge applicator pad for it!.

But you might not be able to get it all around your tire as the bottom part is kinda flattened as its on the ground.
You can try keeping some flat brick(thin ones) in front of every tire and just drive the car over it and stop.

That way the tyre will be off the ground and you'll be able to apply it better without soiling the pad too!
Old 17th September 2010, 21:49   #3253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I use the endurance tire gel as a backup! (its kinda messy applying it!)

Anyways, I use a sponge applicator pad for it!.

But you might not be able to get it all around your tire as the bottom part is kinda flattened as its on the ground.
You can try keeping some flat brick(thin ones) in front of every tire and just drive the car over it and stop.

That way the tyre will be off the ground and you'll be able to apply it better without soiling the pad too!

Is the product good?I mean is it worth having some one bring it from US?What are the best options available for tyre care in india?
Old 17th September 2010, 21:55   #3254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is the product good?I mean is it worth having some one bring it from US?What are the best options available for tyre care in india?
Very limited. I have a waxpol tire shine (desi) and a meguiars hot rims all wheel cleaner(imported).
I asked a few people how do you take care of tires - they said tires are there to take the beating and occasionally cleaned with water.
Furthermore when I asked for alloy rim cleaner in a store, they replied they do not stock any as there is very less demand for it, and many clean their alloys with a weak solution of acid (have any of you heard about this?).
Old 17th September 2010, 22:39   #3255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Very limited. I have a waxpol tire shine (desi) and a meguiars hot rims all wheel cleaner(imported).
I asked a few people how do you take care of tires - they said tires are there to take the beating and occasionally cleaned with water.
Furthermore when I asked for alloy rim cleaner in a store, they replied they do not stock any as there is very less demand for it, and many clean their alloys with a weak solution of acid (have any of you heard about this?).
It is very difficult to come across any decent alloy cleaners. Here in Bombay there are very, very few options.

I am keen on knowing what you, MKH and Sohail use for your alloys? My alloys are very soiled, using an old toothbrush and kerosene help?

I have managed to buy a chamois cloth, any pointers what is its use and how to use it? Is it used just to dry off the car?

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 17th September 2010 at 22:42.

Most Viewed