Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 00:44   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
As for pads, I'd go with Garipagol's recommendations!

I have a mixture of multiple pads and I find that I'm using the orange and white ones a lil' more!

It all depends on the current status of the finish that you're aiming to correct.

Generally, a orange pad with M105 is enough to remove most defects.(you might need a yellow cutting pad in case you are refinishing a re-painted panel after sanding)

White is good for medium polishing and sometimes, even finishing, with M205 or even finer polishes.

Grey is great for jeweling, glazing as well as wax/sealant application!

For doing a multi-step correction on one car, you need at least 3-4 nos. of each type of pad.(for heavy correction)

Getting 2x six pack LC CCS pads is a great way to stock up!
Also, do get a dedicated pad cleaning powder(it really helps a lot!)
Thanks for the suggestions Sohail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
DeWalt Car polisher is being sold by Black & Decker and its available in Bangalore. I called the dealer, they were closing their shop today, so i will go and check it out on Monday. He told me its Orbital dual action and MRP is around 14 k will give you good discount, will go on Monday and check it out.
Sohail got it for 9k or so, you need to bargain hard. 14k is pure fleecing, seems he read my Flex writeup.
Old 14th November 2010, 09:50   #3782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thats great news! Please tell their address and their contact number.
Do keep us updated about this
The Black and Decker shop is in SP road. I will send you PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Sohail got it for 9k or so, you need to bargain hard. 14k is pure fleecing, seems he read my Flex writeup.
Oh Ya, I was thinking of not buying unless its less than 10 k. He told its Dewalt Orbital car polisher, have to check it out if he is telling correct.

And if its Rotary polisher, me as a newbie should not be buying it right guys?

Last edited by shamanth : 14th November 2010 at 09:59.
Old 14th November 2010, 15:54   #3783
Nos007

A warm Hello To all Guru's !!!

Here are Some Pics Of Notorious Verna which has recently finished the paint correction. all smork work like interior cleaning and dressing is still pending.

it Takes a lot of time and patience but the outcome is great . Hope you will like them !!!
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02481.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02482.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02486.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02488.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02489.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02490.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02491.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02492.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02493.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02494.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02495.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02497.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02499.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02507.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-dsc02508.jpg  

Old 14th November 2010, 17:09   #3784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh Ya, I was thinking of not buying unless its less than 10 k. He told its Dewalt Orbital car polisher, have to check it out if he is telling correct.

And if its Rotary polisher, me as a newbie should not be buying it right guys?
Check the Model Number of Sohail's unit before you buy. His post is on Pg 205 or so. Newbie should be careful with its use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
A warm Hello To all Guru's !!!

Here are Some Pics Of Notorious Verna which has recently finished the paint correction. all smork work like interior cleaning and dressing is still pending.

it Takes a lot of time and patience but the outcome is great . Hope you will like them !!!
Old 14th November 2010, 21:38   #3785
Senior - BHPian

Mine is DeWalt DW443 and its a dual action polisher!(perfectly paint safe!) (be care full on sharp edges!! its better to tape them off!)

Check out my thread for pics

Bought a DeWALT DW443 Dual Action Sander/Polisher! Help... - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Its a perfect polisher for guys on a budget!!

You can see the finish I achieved with that unit in the same thread!!
Old 15th November 2010, 10:55   #3786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is DeWalt DW443 and its a dual action polisher!(perfectly paint safe!) (be care full on sharp edges!! its better to tape them off!)

Check out my thread for pics

Bought a DeWALT DW443 Dual Action Sander/Polisher! Help... - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Its a perfect polisher for guys on a budget!!

You can see the finish I achieved with that unit in the same thread!!
Sohail , what is the price you paid for the machine, so that i could bargain accordingly.

And What are the pads you are using with it? Does a generic polishing pad fit it?

Last edited by shamanth : 15th November 2010 at 10:57.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:38   #3787
BHPian

Couple of layers of Megs NXT 2.0, Diwali lights = great chance to click a few pics
Please excuse my limited skills at night photography.

Having tried a few brands of waxes and sealants, I've found that the slickness offered by NXT 2.0 is unparalleled. Gives you a nice feel once the job is done.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1631.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1653.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1664.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_1667.jpg
Old 15th November 2010, 22:12   #3788
Senior - BHPian

Great work Notorious!

Try using some white specific glazes to further enhance the wet effect on white!

Quote:
Sohail , what is the price you paid for the machine, so that i could bargain accordingly.

And What are the pads you are using with it? Does a generic polishing pad fit it?
The guy I bought it from quoted 11k initially!
But after a lil' bargaining he went down to 10.2k (maybe he could've gone further down!)

I use Lake Country 6.5" pads with it(as DeWalt's backing plate is 6" in size!)
We always use a 0.5" bigger pad than the backing plate in order to be safe while working on the paint.

Any 6.5" polishing pad in the world will fit perfectly on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Couple of layers of Megs NXT 2.0, Diwali lights = great chance to click a few pics
Please excuse my limited skills at night photography.

Having tried a few brands of waxes and sealants, I've found that the slickness offered by NXT 2.0 is unparalleled. Gives you a nice feel once the job is done.

Attachment 453707

Attachment 453708

Attachment 453709

Attachment 453710
Really liked your setup!!

And the paint is literally amplifying the diwali decoration lights!

Great work with NXT2.0. Its indeed great to work with
Old 16th November 2010, 20:47   #3789
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2010 at 11:18.
ThinkBig is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th November 2010, 01:51   #3790
BHPian

Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPGP)

Had a go with the Flex this weekend. Used the Menzerna PO85RD with LC white pad to prep the paintwork. Tried out the side handle on the DA, it certainly helps on the vertical panels. Then used the UPGP to seal the paint. Application is very easy & took less than 10 minutes by hand. One spurt on the MF pad that comes with the product is good for one panel. Less than a quarter ounce took care of the entire vehicle. Layered it the next day for a good seal. It is certainly easier to apply than either WG DGPS or the Klasse SG by a mile and a half. The consistancy is like water. It is WOWO - no buffing. As it dries it will streak but once completely dry WOW !

Good thing about UPGS is it dries in 30 mins and you can drive the car. But layering needs 12 hours of curing time. As for the immediate results it is as good or if not better the other sealants I have used. But the ease of appliaction is a great plus, you do not have to be an expert to get a terrific finish (provided you have prepped your paint ofcourse).

Tried taking some photos - messes it up. I'm not good at it.

As of now I LIKE UPGP.

What I now have to see is how it weathers. Will let you know.

In my next seesion I plan to use the Merzerna SIP with the UPGP. Will post some photos then if I get good results.

Rgds

Last edited by Garipagol : 18th November 2010 at 01:55.
Old 18th November 2010, 08:13   #3791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try using some white specific glazes to further enhance the wet effect on white!
I am very new to detailing world.
What do you mean by white specific glazes ? Can you give more details about it.

@thelord
Your car looks superb. What did you use for tyre dressing.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:23   #3792
BHPian

I ordered the eagle one interior cleaning spray from ebay india.
Have used it for a couple of weeks. Cant say that it does any kind of magic to the interior panels. Just using a cloth to buff does not help. Needs a scrubber or something to have a decent effect, then a cloth and lots of water.
Is there a more magical solution available for beige internal panels of the verna? The monsoon is taking a heavy toll on the interiors.
Old 18th November 2010, 13:39   #3793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I ordered the eagle one interior cleaning spray from ebay india.
Have used it for a couple of weeks. Cant say that it does any kind of magic to the interior panels. Just using a cloth to buff does not help. Needs a scrubber or something to have a decent effect, then a cloth and lots of water.
Is there a more magical solution available for beige internal panels of the verna? The monsoon is taking a heavy toll on the interiors.
Beige huh ! If you have heavily soiled panels my recommendation will be to get it professionally cleaned once and then maintain it through DIY elbow grease. Cleaning a heavily soiled interior is quite messy and is prone to streaks and patches. More so for light color materials. None of the DIY products will be upto it.

Rgds

Sid
Old 18th November 2010, 13:58   #3794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garipagol View Post
Beige huh ! If you have heavily soiled panels my recommendation will be to get it professionally cleaned once and then maintain it through DIY elbow grease. Cleaning a heavily soiled interior is quite messy and is prone to streaks and patches. More so for light color materials. None of the DIY products will be upto it.

Rgds

Sid
The problem is not heavy soiling per se. The problem is that I do interior cleaning every sat or sun. So even if there is a light dirt mark, it becomes some kind of a stain by the time the weekend arrives for cleaning and does not go completely.
I think hyundai charges 800 bucks for a complete cleaning job. Sad that it has come to this despite my best efforts.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:21   #3795
Senior - BHPian

Maybe you need a fabric guard or scotch guard

303 and 3M make them respectively!

It forms a layer of protection over the fabrics and literally makes them stain/water resistant!

@Garipagol - UPGP is awesome!

I wanna try opti-seal as its a lil' cheaper! lol

@rk sans - You can try generic glazes which are available here(Amway silicon glaze) or get it from US (PB white diamond)

Glazes generally don't last that long and you might need to re-apply them quite frequently(once every 2-3 weeks) to maintain the wet look.

Last edited by sohail99 : 18th November 2010 at 14:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks