Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 07:45   #5551
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I would suggest you to contact your dealer first and ask him whether he has a Tyvek cover for Cruze and if not email/contact Polco for specific car cover for Cruze. Any other car cover wont be perfect in any way.
Each and every car has different dimensions and Civic having low slung body wont suit Cruze muscular lines.
Done. Dealer hasn't heard of it, so he needs time to find it from the company. Will buzz him again today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
Just clean it in soapy water and dry it and store it back in its cylindrical container.
The stains don't seem to go. Can it be machine washed, or washed in a bucket like pullovers are washed (with Genteel e.g.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
I looking forward to your Cruze detailing session to see if those hard water stains be taken care with ScratchX.
ScratchX was ordered through EBay, it will take a few weeks to arrive :-(. The clay bar..well, that is a long story...

I ordered Mother's Clay Bar from Auto Mall on March 09, 2012 for Rs. 1254. It was dispatched via DTDC on March 10, 2012 but I have not received it yet. Instead, it has somehow been delivered to someone in Delhi .

When I contacted Auto Mall (Carpolish.in) a few days back, someone called Sham V emailed me back informing me that he would look into the matter. Yesterday, I called up Sham on the mobile phone listed at Contact Us, and he promised to call back in a few minutes after consulting with his contacts in DTDC. I asked him if I could have been given the wrong consignment number, to which he replied in the negative.

I spent the whole day calling him at various times (the landline number 'does not exist'), but nobody picked up the phone. Does anyone have experience interacting with Mr. Sham or this company through their carpolish.in website? I hope its legit?

If someone in Bangalore knows these people, please let me know if there are other ways of contacting them.
Old 17th March 2012, 07:49   #5552
BHPian

Quote:
If the dashboard is dusty, wipe it off with a damp Micro Fibre. To give your Swift that extra finish on the dash use Meguiars Natural Shine Spray costs Rs. 570.
Can Megs Natural Shine be used on external plastic trims, door handles (mine are black), side view mirror casings and the black plastic inserts in front bumper?

Also since i am at it, what is the best tire dresser available in India. I want the rich matte black look, not the shiny plastic line tire shiners
Old 17th March 2012, 08:02   #5553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
I ordered Mother's Clay Bar from Auto Mall on March 09, 2012 for Rs. 1254. It was dispatched via DTDC on March 10, 2012 but I have not received it yet. Instead, it has somehow been delivered to someone in Delhi .

When I contacted Auto Mall (Carpolish.in) a few days back, someone called Sham V emailed me back informing me that he would look into the matter. Yesterday, I called up Sham on the mobile phone listed at Contact Us, and he promised to call back in a few minutes after consulting with his contacts in DTDC. I asked him if I could have been given the wrong consignment number, to which he replied in the negative.

I spent the whole day calling him at various times (the landline number 'does not exist'), but nobody picked up the phone. Does anyone have experience interacting with Mr. Sham or this company through their carpolish.in website? I hope its legit?

If someone in Bangalore knows these people, please let me know if there are other ways of contacting them.
They are legit. I ordered ONR last month (through carpolish.in) and got it delivered in 12 days. Can you believe that? Bangalore to Bangalore 12 days. But they answered to my email sent through contact us in carpolish.in.

The trick to deal with them is buy from their Ebay.in storefront (auto-mall). You are covered with ebay buyer protection. I ordered Collinite through ebay with them and they called me next day saying they are running out of stock and refunded my payment through PaisaPay.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:44   #5554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Can Megs Natural Shine be used on external plastic trims, door handles (mine are black), side view mirror casings and the black plastic inserts in front bumper?
Where do you get Megs stuff from? Its practically impossible to get it out here, unless I use EBay and pay up to 2 times the cost!

Quote:
They are legit. I ordered ONR last month (through carpolish.in) and got it delivered in 12 days. Can you believe that? Bangalore to Bangalore 12 days. But they answered to my email sent through contact us in carpolish.in.
Thanks, I will contact them again today, and try my luck. I was hoping to try the clay bar this weekend to get rid of the stains I described above (^^^..^).
Old 17th March 2012, 08:58   #5555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where do you get Megs stuff from? Its practically impossible to get it out here, unless I use EBay and pay up to 2 times the cost!
3M officially imports Meguiars to India. Get in touch with a local 3M distributor/office for more details.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:06   #5556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi

3M officially imports Meguiars to India. Get in touch with a local 3M distributor/office for more details.
3M sells only limited set of products and interesting one is tech wax next, they don't have yet the other products you look for.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:26   #5557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
3M sells only limited set of products and interesting one is tech wax next, they don't have yet the other products you look for.
That is bad news for me. I thought the 3M delaer @ HSR would have almost all of Megs products. Isn't that the case?

Quote:
Best way would be to get through someone traveling from US.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:50   #5558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC
That is bad news for me. I thought the 3M delaer @ HSR would have almost all of Megs products. Isn't that the case?

Best way would be to get through someone traveling from US.
No they won't not sure if they added new but all you can get are the following

Tech wax paste
Next car wash
Wheel cleaner
Tyre foam
Upholstery cleaner
Old 17th March 2012, 10:02   #5559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
They are legit. I ordered ONR last month (through carpolish.in) and got it delivered in 12 days. Can you believe that? Bangalore to Bangalore 12 days. But they answered to my email sent through contact us in carpolish.in..
Strange guys.
I ordered for Mother's california Clay bar from Ebay through Automall on 6th March and it was delivered on 9th March sharp!!
Bangalore to Hyderabad.
Infact I ordered, the Jopasu small gift pack from Jopasu, shop based in Pune the same day. Even that was delivered to me on 9th March.
Infact, both the packets were delivered together at the same time. The courier was DTDC for both of them.
Old 17th March 2012, 13:59   #5560
SAS
BHPian

Quote:

Also since i am at it, what is the best tire dresser available in India. I want the rich matte black look, not the shiny plastic line tire shiners
Yes, natural shine can be used on plastic trims, door handles, rear view mirror casings and black plastic trims (both external and internal). It can also be used on rubber (tire sidewalls) and rubber parts. It is a good product and I have been using it for some time. The best part of the product is it has an inbuilt cleaner which cleans the plastic / rubber part as you rub it.
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 14:48   #5561
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you try contacting Meguiar's India using the contact form on the Indian website. They reply back promptly. That's how I initiated contact with them. They put me in touch with one of their representatives in Delhi, but he has only just started keeping stocks of DIY stuff so he orders from Meguiar's head office which is in Bangalore itself.

I did not know that 3M deals with Meguiar's products too. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I do not know how this info could be of much use to me because 3M does not seem to have anyone in Kanpur. I guess I just need to get stuff through Sanjay (Bringing Best) and save money to buy things once a year from EBay India :-P
Old 17th March 2012, 14:52   #5562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stains don't seem to go. Can it be machine washed, or washed in a bucket like pullovers are washed (with Genteel e.g.).
You can try with Genteel, but as I haven't used chamois, frankly no idea to get those stain off. At most you can try machine wash.

Quote:
ScratchX was ordered through EBay, it will take a few weeks to arrive :-(. The clay bar..well, that is a long story...

Its very disheartening to hear such unprofessional work by Auto-Mall/Carpolish. I had purchased ONR from Sham directly via email and it was promptly delivered. Sham V is what Sanjay is to Bringingbest. Try calling him again asking for refund and even saying I did be putting this up Team-Bhp, might ring some bells for him.

Quote:

Hyper-VTEC try 3M store, they did mostly stock most of Megs products. Megs Natural Shine is good for interior trim. For tyres I would suggest Megs Endurance Tire Spray. For some reasons Megs India website wasn't opening up, so link to Meg USA, but the product is listed in Megs India website.
Old 17th March 2012, 15:01   #5563
BHPian

Quote:
You can try with Genteel, but as I haven't used chamois, frankly no idea to get those stain off. At most you can try machine wash.
What about Eurow towels? How do you clean them?

Quote:
Sham V is what Sanjay is to Bringingbest. Try calling him again asking for refund and even saying I did be putting this up Team-Bhp, might ring some bells for him.
Shortly after my post on TBHP this morning, I received an email from Sham V. He says his staff gave me the wrong consignment number, and that the correct consignment is on its way. He was unreachable all day yesterday as he was travelling. I guess DTDC is bad in this region.

Anyhow, minus these glitches, I would say both Sham and Sanjay are definitely doing a fine job delivering all these products at very reasonable prices to all of us in remote Indian villages (read: Kanpur, Ulta Pradesh).

I plan to follow the routine you suggested after I receive all the stuff (which should be in a few hours). I won't have Scratch X 2.0 though...I guess that can be used when it arrives about 20 days from now? Is it critical?
Old 17th March 2012, 15:34   #5564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about Eurow towels? How do you clean them?
This is what I actually do:
1. After cleaning my car, I wash Eurow towels with normal water, to get rid of any dirt which is possible by hands.
2. Next they are then put up for drying them up all night.
3. Next day, in lukewarm/semi hot water with Tide in a bucket, I put all of those dried up Eurow towels.
4. Towels are washed and put them up for drying
5. By evening, they are stored back in their place.
Long process to keep those micro fiber in good condition for long.

Quote:
Shortly after my post on TBHP this morning, I received an email from Sham V. He says his staff gave me the wrong consignment number, and that the correct consignment is on its way. He was unreachable all day yesterday as he was travelling. I guess DTDC is bad in this region.
Good to know that the problem is resolved finally and so it seems Auto-Mall does refer to Team-Bhp for feedback. Courier service is bad there at Kanpur. I do send courier to my grandparents and most of the time I end up calling the courier guys asking them why the package hasn't been delivered yet. Answer I get is, bhaiya aaj admi nahi aaya hai to deliver nahi ho payega(Today the delivery person hasn't come, so wont be possible to deliver today), knowing that Kanpur comes in top 13 cities of India.
Quote:
Anyhow, minus these glitches, I would say both Sham and Sanjay are definitely doing a fine job delivering all these products at very reasonable prices to all of us in remote Indian villages (read: Kanpur, Ulta Pradesh).
That's one very important thing, without these guys we would be having to ask our relatives to get products from foreign or pay double or even more to get them in India.
Now that 3M has purchased Meguiars we are able to get Megs products at 3M car detailing store. Otherwise why would 3M be selling Megs products at their own shops.

Quote:
I plan to follow the routine you suggested after I receive all the stuff (which should be in a few hours). I won't have Scratch X 2.0 though...I guess that can be used when it arrives about 20 days from now? Is it critical?
If you did want that perfect finish, I would suggest you to wait till ScratchX arrives. It will be able to take care of those scratches, swirls & hard water marks. Otherwise polishing and waxing wont help much.
As I too own a black color car, so I know how important it is to get rid of those stubborn marks. Patience will pay its reward. Getting all the car products you feel like wanting to use them.
I have purchased Karcher K2.180, BlackFire WetDiamond + Gloss Enhancing Polish and wanting to go to 3M Car care (Andheri) to get Megs Natural Shine spray, Endurance Tire spray, etc but waiting just for my exams go get over in May so I did be able to give full dedication towards it.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 17th March 2012 at 15:45.
Old 17th March 2012, 17:17   #5565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Great news for Hyderabad car lovers

3M has opened its first car care center in Hyderbad at Madhapur.
It is on the 100 ft road connecting Cyber towers to Ayappa Society......

I spoke to Vinod today regarding the exterior cleaning and polishing for my Innova. He quoted approx. Rs.6200 inclusive of service tax. He also quoted Rs. 2500 for the interior.
Can any one let me know if this cost is reasonable?

Last edited by John : 17th March 2012 at 17:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks